Domi - Stepan - Duclair
Perlini - Dvorak - Keller
Crouse - Strome - Rieder
Martinook - Richardson - Fischer
Cousins

OEL - Hjalmarsson
Goligoski - Demers
Chychrun*- Schenn

I like it except for matching up against top scoring lines. Maybe switch Rieder and Fischer and deploy The Nook Richardson Rieder line against top competition. Shelter the Crouse Strome Fischer line as much as possible.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I like it except for matching up against top scoring lines. Maybe switch Rieder and Fischer and deploy The Nook Richardson Rieder line against top competition. Shelter the Crouse Strome Fischer line as much as possible.

I like it. It might stress Tochett's in game management abilities. Is he strong managing his lines?

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Cuts today....

GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Arizona Coyotes President of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Chayka announced today that the Coyotes have assigned the following five players back to their junior teams.

Player-Position-Team-League

Noel Hoefenmayer-Defense-Ottawa-OHL
Cam Dineen-Defense-North Bay-OHL
MacKenzie Entwistle-Forward-Hamilton-OHL
Nate Schnarr-Forward-Guelph-OHL
Tyler Steenbergen-Forward-Swift Current WHL

The Coyotes have released the following two players.

Player-Position

Michael Houser-Goalie
Scott Allen-Forward

The Coyotes now have 48 players remaining in training camp.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Houser once seemed so promising. I can't tell a good goalie prospect from a hole in the wall.

He may need more time to develop; goalies are a tricky lot. Yes, he's 25, but he could still improve. I'm guessing he'll bounce between Tucson and Fort Wayne (which is only 4 hours from where he was born) this season.

Still, my guess is as follows...
Coyotes: Raanta - Domingue
Roadrunners: Hill - Miska
Comets: Langhamer - Houser (may end up demoted to the E)

It looks like RR camp ought to be pretty competitive for Hill/Miska/Langhamer/Houser. They will all be giving it their all to avoid a Fort Wayne winter :)

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
He may need more time to develop; goalies are a tricky lot. Yes, he's 25, but he could still improve. I'm guessing he'll bounce between Tucson and Fort Wayne (which is only 4 hours from where he was born) this season.

Still, my guess is as follows...
Coyotes: Raanta - Domingue
Roadrunners: Hill - Miska
Comets: Langhamer - Houser (may end up demoted to the E)

It looks like RR camp ought to be pretty competitive for Hill/Miska/Langhamer/Houser. They will all be giving it their all to avoid a Fort Wayne winter :)

He was released. I'm reading that means he's not in the organization anymore??

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

He'd have to get offered an AHL deal by the Mutts/Roadrunners for that to happen; he and Scott Allen were released from their PTOs.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Not sure why Perlini would be on the fourth line.. one of our better scorers last year.

Also I don't really want Crouse on the 4th line either..

Man there are just so many combos.

doesn't mean anything at this point.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Late to the party, but I did attend Friday's practice and saw the B and C squads.

Quick observation (and this was just the first day, remember):

B squad:
+Duclair, McGinn (remember him) and Clendening stood out as guys that were hungry and looked good.
-thought OEL was going through motions and floating, didn't look like a guy vying for the C spot.
-Strachen (PTO) was badly out of shape, having a rough time keeping up with others....he really stood out in a bad way.

C squad:
Nobody really stood out good or bad, it was getting late, the ice was lousy (we know more about that now). Specifically remember Goose taking an extended skate before the others and testing the ice, seemed concerned.

Also, coaches were out of synch....as you might expect, given Tocch, MacLean and Allen were all finding their way. Players may have been feeding off that a bit.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
He was released. I'm reading that means he's not in the organization anymore??

I was going by his Wikipedia entry (for what that's worth); it listed him as being under contract with the RRs. So, PR screw up again, but no surprises there; I'm not sure if he'll be able to make the RR roster as it stands, so it should be interesting down there.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Interesting, though I'm not sure it means much. Even that one guy liked to talk up guys in training camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad