2017 Training Camp Discussion

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I liked Verbeek

Me too, I wouldn't have been upset if he got a contract.

Gerlach had a few really nice finishes in the rookie practice at GRA, but in the games he didn't really do anything. Truchon-Viel threw some hits, but nothing really beyond that. The rest I can't really remember anything about tbh.

NSYote

Jul 8, 2015
Halifax, NS
Do the cuts get to report to Tucson's training camp or are they cut loose completely?

Some of those guys (Verbeek especially) seem like they could be worthwhile keeping in the system.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Pretty sure those guys were cut completely, Tucson's camp starts later.

Pretty sure that's the case, but they may receive invites to AHL teams as well, I'm guessing.

Who knows, perhaps Tucson might sign Verbeek? I suppose he could land elsewhere, but I wouldn't mind adding him as a RHS forward in Tucson if Merkley is promoted (or even to just add another RHS). His size worries me a bit, but I didn't watch the rookie games, so I don't know if he is able to hold his own at the pro level.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Marty Hanzal will miss the start of Stars camp due to an ankle injury.

So glad we made the deal for Stepan and that we don't have to deal with the Hanzal stuff anymore.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Marty Hanzal will miss the start of Stars camp due to an ankle injury.

So glad we made the deal for Stepan and that we don't have to deal with the Hanzal stuff anymore.

It's just camp; wait until the injuries afflict him during the regular season (perhaps the current injury will carry over to mid-October) :)

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Pretty sure that's the case, but they may receive invites to AHL teams as well, I'm guessing.

Smerek was cut last year, not out of rookie camp, but after a preseason game (maybe two) and still wound up being signed at a later time. Pederson too.

smoot

Jul 13, 2017
The feed lasted 2:19 before it completely died. No word about it on Twitter or Facebook. I don't know what I expected.

smoot

Jul 13, 2017
After an hour and 45 minutes the stream has returned to catch the very end of the A/B scrim

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
This would actually be regression, I seem to remember the training camp streams working reasonably well (if potato quality) the last few years :laugh:

The scrimmages at random rinks are always an experience though :laugh:

SJ had hig problems with their streams too..Gremlins?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
This would actually be regression, I seem to remember the training camp streams working reasonably well (if potato quality) the last few years :laugh:

The scrimmages at random rinks are always an experience though :laugh:
Really? I don't remember them streaming last year.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad