2017 Training Camp Discussion

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
This. Wouldve wanted to keep the doan leadership culture by making someone who played with the greatest coyote ever captain.

There is the school of thought that posits that a clean leadership break between the past iterations of the team and the current one was needed. I don't know how much credence to give it, but as much as I love Doan I think it's better if his legacy is something that's just fondly remembered rather than dictating how things are done going forward.

Reactions: Lilhoody

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I think Stepan is the better choice in a vacuum, but obviously OEL has much more experience with the group and team. Then again the group has a lot of new faces, and we are trying to change the culture of the team, so it makes some sense to go with a newer face I guess. As long as it isn't done in a way that makes it a slap in the face to OEL it's a good call I think.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Rinaldo? We're keeping a Goon? Carcillo was fun, but he was clearly a net negative for the team with all the penalties.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Rinaldo? We're keeping a Goon? Carcillo was fun, but he was clearly a net negative for the team with all the penalties.

Ahhhh crap! Well, we shall see how that goes. I'd still prefer Kempe over him. The idea of Stepan being C is interesting. I can see the thoughts behind that.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Rinaldo is likely staying up to clear the 5-game suspension. Whether he stays after that, who knows - he's a guy we could scratch 9 out of 10 games, so that's somewhat useful.

So does that mean Rantaa could start?

Lord, I hope so.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I think Stepan is the better choice in a vacuum, but obviously OEL has much more experience with the group and team. Then again the group has a lot of new faces, and we are trying to change the culture of the team, so it makes some sense to go with a newer face I guess. As long as it isn't done in a way that makes it a slap in the face to OEL it's a good call I think.

Leadership doesn't necessitate membership.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
View media item 247
url

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad