WC: 2017 Team USA

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Isles fan here...

for those that are watching the games, would you mind offering your thoughts on Nelson and Lee?

thx :)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Isles fan here...

for those that are watching the games, would you mind offering your thoughts on Nelson and Lee?

I personally feel that Nelson really hasn't done a whole heck of a lot, which has been a problem for this team overall as he anchors that second line and really needs to step it up.

Lee has been doing pretty well, he does what he was brought here to do - park his rear in front of the net and clean up some garbage. He has been solid overall, hope he keeps it up.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
McDonagh, Stepan, Kreider, Vesey, Skjei, Miller, Hayes all are available now. ( wow do the Rags have a lot of Americans.)

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Isles fan here...

Lee has been awesome, big presence in front of the net. Nelson played really well against Italy today. But I agree with American Dream, Nelson needs to step it up.

Based on previous WC I expect Nelson to pay better.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Really think that first line should be split up to add some balance.

Lee - Eichel - Nelson
Keller - Larkin - Gaudreau

I feel like that gives you two dangerous scoring lines with two different looks. Size and power and then speed and skill. That second line would be doing laps around teams, and that first line could play the slow, methodical pace Eichel loves.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Really think that first line should be split up to add some balance.

Lee - Eichel - Nelson
Keller - Larkin - Gaudreau

I feel like that gives you two dangerous scoring lines with two different looks. Size and power and then speed and skill. That second line would be doing laps around teams, and that first line could play the slow, methodical pace Eichel loves.

I don't think Larkin plays a heavy enough game yet to have two minnows on his line, no matter how talented. Against some of the lesser competition sure, but Canada and Russia would put that line down low on defense and beat them to death in my opinion. They have to get the puck to scare people.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I don't think Larkin plays a heavy enough game yet to have two minnows on his line, no matter how talented. Against some of the lesser competition sure, but Canada and Russia would put that line down low on defense and beat them to death in my opinion. They have to get the puck to scare people.

I don't know, it's not like Canada and Russia are all that big. And on the big ice it's real tough to pin teams in.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Definitely take it! Figured Rangers was only team losing that was going to help us. Skjei will be a BIG add here and really help our transition game. Vesey has been okay this year but not complaining at all to have him.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Guess Hayes will slot in at 3C and then Skjei slides into the Top 4?

Hayes is too good for 3rd line and Dvorak too good for 4th line. Larkin has been excellent but he's even better on the Wing. I'd bump Compher down to line 4 and let Hayes center Larkin and Nelson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad