WC: 2017 Team USA

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
If you really think that NBC produced their coverage themselves and didn't use TSN's coverage, then you know nothing about hockey coverage on TV. Dennis Bayak and Shane Hnindy (TSN's Jet's team), and Gord Miller and Ray Ferraro (TSN's main team) did PxP last year and the year before. It was TSN's coverage. It always has been. And it will be again this year. And please give dates and games when NBCSN showed a non-US game that wasn't a medal or playoff round game. Your posts are funny. I guess then you don't pay for a TV subscription and you rely on a friend or relative's subscription to stream games using their account. Using mommie and daddies log in on the NBC sports app would allow you to watch. And that's probably how you can watch it this year, luckily for you.

Damn dude, woke up on the wrong side of the bed today?

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Do we know when or if Canada will be hosting another one of these that is likely when we will get the best team possible

Highly Highly unlikely.

but the longer the new Quebec City arena remains without a team, the chances of them bidding to host increases. I seriously doubt a Canadian bid would be successful absent some kind of historical milestone event. 2008 was supposedly a 100 Year Anniversary of Hockey in Canada. Funny thing is, we've been celebrating Hockey Centennials for a decade now. It never stops. All things considered, the IIHF would prefer to keep it in Europe, and in exchange Canada gets the WJHC every other year. That's my preference anyway. I like the WHC only as an afternoon warm-up to that evening's NHL playoff game. I'd rather not be channel surfing between 2 NHL playoff games and a WHC Team Canada game from QC.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
USA lines from Julie Robenhymer

Murphy-DeKeyser
Trouba-Hanifin
TVR-Brickley

Lee-Eichel-Gaudreau
Bjugstad-Larkin-Nelson
Compher-Copp-Greenway
Dvorak-Schmaltz-Keller/Bjork

PP looks a lot like Larkin, Eichel, Gaudreau, Lee & Hanifin with some Schmaltz, Greenway & Bjork mixed in

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Murphy-DeKeyser
Trouba-Hanifin
TVR-Brickley

Lee-Eichel-Gaudreau
Bjugstad-Larkin-Nelson
Compher-Copp-Greenway

PP looks a lot like Larkin, Eichel, Gaudreau, Lee & Hanifin with some Schmaltz, Greenway & Bjork mixed in

Is Gaudreau playing RW?

I'd like to see Eichel and Gaudreau split up. They had 0 chemistry at the world cup.

Gaudreau - Larkin - Greenway
Lee - Eichel - Nelson
Bjugstad - Copp - Bjork
Compher - Dvorak - Keller

I think Greenway and Gaudreau​would find instant chemistry, and would work well with Larkin's speed and compete level. Then that second line is the tough matchup line with size and skill.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Murphy-DeKeyser
Trouba-Hanifin
TVR-Brickley

Lee-Eichel-Gaudreau
Bjugstad-Larkin-Nelson
Compher-Copp-Greenway

no McAvoy??? WTH?

He belongs on the damn top pairing with how well he did in the playoffs..hope this is just some mistake

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Is Gaudreau playing RW?

I'd like to see Eichel and Gaudreau split up. They had 0 chemistry at the world cup.

Gaudreau - Larkin - Greenway
Lee - Eichel - Nelson
Bjugstad - Copp - Bjork
Compher - Dvorak - Keller

I think Greenway and Gaudreau​would find instant chemistry, and would work well with Larkin's speed and compete level. Then that second line is the tough matchup line with size and skill.

wouldn't it be common sense to keep Lee and Nelson on the same line?? They have familiarity with each other, why split them up?

agree on Eichel/Gaudreau, but they are the top 2 guys we have, likely want to give it a try again does make some sense..

I also do not want to see Keller on a 4th line role here, put the kid between Lee and Nelson and see what he can do...unless someone else legit is coming, we need this kid to be a top player here, 4th line right wing role is not that,

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
no McAvoy??? WTH?

He belongs on the damn top pairing with how well he did in the playoffs..hope this is just some mistake

Sample size and all.

Though he should be in the lineup before Brickley for sure.

Those lineups backwards? They have a RHD and a LHD in Trouba and Hanifin playing opposite sides.

Edit : DeKeyser and Murphy flipped as well, so guessing they're backwards.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Sample size and all.

Though he should be in the lineup before Brickley for sure.

Those lineups backwards? They have a RHD and a LHD in Trouba and Hanifin playing opposite sides.

Edit : DeKeyser and Murphy flipped as well, so guessing they're backwards.

I have seen him long enough to know that he belongs in the lineup, especially above TVR and Brickley. I can make a case for him ahead of DeKeyser and Murphy but I am fine with him on the third pair/2nd pair power play unit. ride the hot hand, Brickley should not be in the lineup over McAvoy right now.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
I have seen him long enough to know that he belongs in the lineup, especially above TVR and Brickley. I can make a case for him ahead of DeKeyser and Murphy but I am fine with him on the third pair/2nd pair power play unit. ride the hot hand, Brickley should not be in the lineup over McAvoy right now.

McAvoy isn't with the team yet, joining them in Cologne on May 3rd.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
wouldn't it be common sense to keep Lee and Nelson on the same line?? They have familiarity with each other, why split them up?

agree on Eichel/Gaudreau, but they are the top 2 guys we have, likely want to give it a try again does make some sense..

I also do not want to see Keller on a 4th line role here, put the kid between Lee and Nelson and see what he can do...unless someone else legit is coming, we need this kid to be a top player here, 4th line right wing role is not that,

Lee and Nelson played on different lines this season but sure, I can see them on the same line.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Lee and Nelson played on different lines this season but sure, I can see them on the same line.

Lee and Nelson have been on the same line for a solid amount of time over the past 3 plus years - not exclusive, but they have most certainly been, I get to watch a lot of Islander games as well. They have familiarity with each other and should be on the same line to start this off IMO.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
today lines vs Italy

Hellebuyck
Howard

Murphy-DeKeyser
Trouba-Hanifin
TVR-Brickley

Lee-Eichel-Gaudreau
Nelson-Larkin-Bjugstad
Keller-Dvorak-Schmaltz
Greenway-Copp-Compher
Bjork

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
That shot by Eichel on the PP was filthy. This team shouldn't have trouble scoring despite missing out om some key names. Got a feeling Jack is gonna have a monster tournament

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad