WC: 2017 Team USA

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Great news. We have a shot at gold if we can avoid Canada.

Somebody will have to beat them. Either us or us beating whoever beat them. One game this team can beat anybody in the tournament. If they can close strong and get second they'll match up with the Czechs or Finns or even freaking Norway.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think the U.S. team is a bit under the radar. Two solid additions to an already good team. I think they match up well with most.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'm just hoping for a medal honestly. Luckily the other pool seems pretty weak aside from Canada so we should be a good bet to be playing in the semis.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I'm just hoping for a medal honestly. Luckily the other pool seems pretty weak aside from Canada so we should be a good bet to be playing in the semis.

A medal? You guys should be thinking about a Gold.

The field is not all that great this year, get some good goal tending and you are in the mix.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
I'd love to see a skjei- McAvoy pairing. Those two could really do some damage together.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
A medal? You guys should be thinking about a Gold.

The field is not all that great this year, get some good goal tending and you are in the mix.

Ofcourse gold would be great, but I still think we're the 3rd best team in the tournament at best.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I respect your hockey opinions, please tell me what your teams weaknesses are.

- Goaltending is meh - Helly is decent but I'm not too high on Howard at all.
- Secondary scoring / finishing ability is a relative weakness - we are essentially a one line team against good competition. We just don't have the same depth of Canada and Sweden.
- Young blue line that is prone to making bad turnovers from time to time

To be clear, I think this is a good team, but I don't think we are that good. I don't think we deserved to beat Sweden honestly.

If we are going to win this tourney, it will be because our top line scored big goals when needed and the other 3 lines were able to hang on to leads, similar to what happened vs Sweden.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
- Goaltending is meh - Helly is decent but I'm not too high on Howard at all.
- Secondary scoring / finishing ability is a relative weakness - we are essentially a one line team against good competition. We just don't have the same depth of Canada and Sweden.
- Young blue line that is prone to making bad turnovers from time to time

To be clear, I think this is a good team, but I don't think we are that good. I don't think we deserved to beat Sweden honestly.

If we are going to win this tourney, it will be because our top line scored big goals when needed and the other 3 lines were able to hang on to leads, similar to what happened vs Sweden.

Hmm, wish I had the goal tending problems you guys have.Try wishing Chad Johnson is going to save your ass.

Agreed that you are probably a top heavy one line team, it's a good one ****ing line though

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Hmm, wish I had the goal tending problems you guys have.Try wishing Chad Johnson is going to save your ass.

Agreed that you are probably a top heavy one line team, it's a good one ****ing line though

I kinda like Johnson. He's not amazing but I take him over Howard all day. But yes not a ton of strong goaltending this year.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I kinda like Johnson. He's not amazing but I take him over Howard all day. But yes not a ton of strong goaltending this year.

Vasilevski and Merzlikins are two very strong goalies and have been stellar so far. Latvia probably not enough depth as a team...especially after losing Darzins. Russia, however, is gonna be quite a threat this year

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ

Yeah I mean Howards been on the decline, but he's still better than Chad freaking Johnson. Granted, our goaltending is not great from an NHL standpoint, but relative to the rest of the competition it's above average.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00