WC: 2017 Team USA

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Heh, all of them :nod:

It's a shame Johnny and Hayes don't play together in the NHL. You can see they way Gaudreau can dominate when he's given some skill/chemistry to play with.

Has he ever not shown well in international tournaments? He seems to just absolutely love representing the US.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
It's a shame Johnny and Hayes don't play together in the NHL. You can see they way Gaudreau can dominate when he's given some skill/chemistry to play with.

Has he ever not shown well in international tournaments? He seems to just absolutely love representing the US.

I wouldn't read too much into it at this tournament. Gaudreau has a ton of space out there.

Would be nice if the Flames could get him someone to play with though but I don't think Hayes is the answer to that in the NHL.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I wouldn't read too much into it at this tournament. Gaudreau has a ton of space out there.

Would be nice if the Flames could get him someone to play with though but I don't think Hayes is the answer to that in the NHL.

What about his play at the World Cup? He was utterly dominant on a team full of superstars on NA ice.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Hayes and Gaudreau's chemistry is too good from just watching some highlights. Does anyone know how to watch the games? And can anyone tell me how Hayes and Skjei have done? Thank you in advancs

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
What about his play at the World Cup? He was utterly dominant on a team full of superstars on NA ice.

Yeah but he was playing with Mackinnon then.

I'm agreeing with you on the fact that Johnny could really use some help on his line in the NHL I'm just saying I don't know if Hayes is that guy when it comes to the NHL. I think that line needs someone at least at Monahan's caliber. I don't think Hayes is there.

I'm hoping Oshie.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Hayes and Gaudreau's chemistry is too good from just watching some highlights. Does anyone know how to watch the games? And can anyone tell me how Hayes and Skjei have done? Thank you in advancs

Hayes may have been the best player. Huge addition. Skjei didn't play much but has been good as well. One assist and on the ice for 4/5 even strengh goals.
I sent you a PM re how to watch games.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I think its actually better for US if Russia beat them tomorrow. Czech or Swirzerland is much better for US than Finland. Finns tournament has been pretty terrible but i still think they are difficult team for USA.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I think its actually better for US if Russia beat them tomorrow. Czech or Swirzerland is much better for US than Finland. Finns tournament has been pretty terrible but i still think they are difficult team for USA.

I dunno this Finnish team is pretty bad. I think I'd rate the teams

Swiss
Czech
Finns

In terms of strength.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yeah but he was playing with Mackinnon then.

I'm agreeing with you on the fact that Johnny could really use some help on his line in the NHL I'm just saying I don't know if Hayes is that guy when it comes to the NHL. I think that line needs someone at least at Monahan's caliber. I don't think Hayes is there.

I'm hoping Oshie.

He played primarily with Saad and Eichel for the first half of the tournament and then RNH and Mackinnon.

I think Hayes would be every bit as good playing would Gaudreau has Monahan has shown. Monahan only scored 9 more points in 6 more games, with 10 more PP points, while playing with Johnny Gaudreau.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I dunno this Finnish team is pretty bad. I think I'd rate the teams

Swiss
Czech
Finns

In terms of strength.

Finland many times found a way with medicore teams. So i think they step up once again in knockout stage. And why you rate Swiss higher than Finland? Finland was clearly better team in last two periods yesterday.

Lataba76

Sep 6, 2015
Finland many times found a way with medicore teams. So i think they step up once again in knockout stage. And why you rate Swiss higher than Finland? Finland was clearly better team in last two periods yesterday.

Yes maybe the Finns could repeat 2014?

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com

So damn good during the 2013 gold medal run. And yah, the World Cup this past fall as well.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen

Mostly because how Finland played down to their competition and the Swiss played up vs canada

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->