2017 New Logo/Jersey News And Concepts | Part 2 | Disappointment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I forgive the Sens for more things than I should, but I always get incredibly worked up over the jerseys. Like, top 3 things I hate about our team. Jerseys are such an incredibly easy fix for us that it's silly, especially with the work Jerkstore provided FOR FREE.

I'm just so frustrated with almost every aspect of this team right now, and the jersey debacle is the kick in the pills if it doesn't get rectified.

Like.. just complete idiots if they don't fix it.

Reactions: NB613 and 18Hossa

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If anybody wants to get frustrated, just remember that our home jerseys under the Reebok Edge templates were the longest running unchanged jersey set in the league. We went a decade without altering them, and only changed them because we had to in order to have them fit the new Adizero template.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
It is amazing how out of touch this team is with the fanbase. The fact they can't get something as easy and obvious as the jersey right just exemplifies all their other problems with the fans.

Reactions: NB613

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
If anybody wants to get frustrated, just remember that our home jerseys under the Reebok Edge templates were the longest running unchanged jersey set in the league. We went a decade without altering them, and only changed them because we had to in order to have them fit the new Adizero template.

And then they basically shoe horned that same old tired generic RBK Sens edge piece of garbage template into the new Adidas template, kissed the fingers and proclaimed, perfectos!

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
And then they basically shoe horned that same old tired generic RBK Sens edge piece of garbage template into the new Adidas template, kissed the fingers and proclaimed, perfectos!

Multiple teams did that. Apparently there was a directive by Adidas for teams not to change their main crest for the initial Adizero jerseys, so maybe that's why we just decided to keep the same design with the change over. The teams that changed (Minnesota, Nashville, Colorado off the top of my head) all kept the same crest.

I'm curious if the move to the Adizero jerseys counts as a jersey change. Teams typically have to wait a few years after changing a jersey before they are allowed a new design.

For better or worse, we're entering a new era with the team. The "five year plan" that might feature Mark Stone as the captain and face of this team. If there's ever been a time to refresh the look of what is supposed to eventually be a faster and younger team, now would be it.

Reactions: NB613 and Upgrayedd

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Sens should change their logo to be Karlsson wearing the centurion helmet. He'd have to stay. It wouldn't make sense for him to leave at that point.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Sens should change their logo to be Karlsson wearing the centurion helmet. He'd have to stay. It wouldn't make sense for him to leave at that point.
I remember talk that the first 3D in 98(?) was modeled after Daigle.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Ottawa Senators Undecided About Which Logo to Use Going Forward

No new information here but nice to have most of the talking points Melnyk has brought up condensed into one article.

Also, I honestly can't believe any fan would prefer we stick to the current logo. That strikes me as insanity. It wasn't very good to begin with, but even if someone liked it at first, it looks so out of date and boring now. Although with Melnyk's comment about the players having input on the jerseys I'm worried they could change it for the worst. I mean, who the hell cares what Chris Neil thinks? We're the ones who actually buy the merch.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Sure!

RMboVXj.png

That's a neat concept.

Anyone willing to try the same thing with the original 2D logo?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Is it possible to get a new set of jerseys for next season? Or is it 2 years after the reboot usually?

Can we at least have the possibility of using the jersey we used in the outdoor game vs Habs as a 3rd? (it should be our main home jersey imo...)

cut.jpg

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
If I had the opportunity I’d definitely bring back the 2D design. But Just for the sake of it I thought maybe let’s try and put a new design together. I want to stick with the 2D or a front facing more aggressive centurion helmet but maybe incorporate some sort of wreath to represent the Ottawa O.

If someone could mash the pics together using their editing skills I’d love to see what could be made of it.

Attachments

• A1911F12-5CDA-4D4A-9C60-19964A0E6CE7.jpeg
    A1911F12-5CDA-4D4A-9C60-19964A0E6CE7.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 14
  • BB7D758C-0BB6-42C8-AC47-404BEB4BD984.jpeg
    BB7D758C-0BB6-42C8-AC47-404BEB4BD984.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 12
  • A258B383-DADB-404F-AA70-E2EF06A4A7AB.jpeg
    A258B383-DADB-404F-AA70-E2EF06A4A7AB.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 13

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
If I had the opportunity I’d definitely bring back the 2D design. But Just for the sake of it I thought maybe let’s try and put a new design together. I want to stick with the 2D or a front facing more aggressive centurion helmet but maybe incorporate some sort of wreath to represent the Ottawa O.

If someone could mash the pics together using their editing skills I’d love to see what could be made of it.

BRpdXesCUAAENOb.png

I made that a few years ago, not many people liked it, admittedly I am not a professional graphic designer. ;)

VGK logo is a similar concept. This logo concept was made well before then, but it's not exactly a unique idea.

Reactions: InDucheWeTrust

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
BRpdXesCUAAENOb.png

I made that a few years ago, not many people liked it, admittedly I am not a professional graphic designer. ;)

VGK logo is a similar concept. This logo concept was made well before then, but it's not exactly a unique idea.

I mean it’s not perfect but I definitely like it. With some adjustments I think it could work!

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
So are we going with that strange modernized 2-D incarnation or the SNES? Those seem like the illogical actions from this current owner/mgmt. group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad