2017 New Logo/Jersey News And Concepts | Part 2 | Disappointment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I've never seen this one before. I know Starter used to make inverted and alternate colour jerseys, some of which are very hard to find.

s-l1600.jpg

OTTAWA SENATORS NHL NWT HOCKEY JERSEY PRO PLAYER PROPLAYER XXL 2XL WHITE | eBay

God I hate that design so much.

Reactions: Back in Black

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
We are going with the same jerseys next year - it seems inevitable. The drive to the "O" stalled when Anselmi left...
I think it’s part of the Adidas deal that we have to stick with them for another year.

Either way I fully expect us to keep the current ones or downgrade when we have the chance.

Last edited:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i think ive read that a 100 times. all nhl teams must keep their design for 3 seasons. but in the 3rd you can introduce a 3rd jersey and go from there.
obviously some teams got special jerseys for their special events like us.
maybe they allow us to use them aagain this year since ...they're there.
like you usually hear when a team retires(dumps) a jersey. i dont think ive heard anything about the red O

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
i think ive read that a 100 times. all nhl teams must keep their design for 3 seasons. but in the 3rd you can introduce a 3rd jersey and go from there.
obviously some teams got special jerseys for their special events like us.
maybe they allow us to use them aagain this year since ...they're there.
like you usually hear when a team retires(dumps) a jersey. i dont think ive heard anything about the red O

There will be at least some teams with third jerseys next year. Regarding three years before you can change jerseys, we can't really know for certain. Maybe that was part of the NHL's deal with Reebok, but with Adidas it could be different.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
yeah a quick read on icethetics said it was 2 years, but you can use a 3rd on 2nd year. (exactly like reebok did indeed)

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Imagine that.

I’m in complete shock that a shoe-string budget doesn’t result in a model franchise.
Budget has a lot to do with what we can or cannot accomplish as a franchise, but I'd argue that in the grand scheme, budget is fairly irrelevant to the jersey designs they've chosen to wear full-time since 2007.

Our AHL affiliate even got it right before we did. Sure, they piggy-backed off our =O=, but they decided to jump in with two feet instead of just making it their alternate or something.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Ya, these pop up every once awhile on Ebay. Probably just as rare as finding the Peace Tower on Ebay.

I know that Starter (and I guess Pro Player) alternate coloured jerseys exist for other teams, I've just never seen that Senators one before. If it was a medium or large, and at a bargain price, I'd probably pick it up just for the sake of having an oddball Sens jersey. I def would not pay almost 100 Canadian after shipping for it though.....

s-l500.jpg

There's another example. As a whole, they are pretty hard to find, but I've seen other teams alt colour jerseys pop up occasionally. Even if some are ugly, I wish they'd still do stuff like that with retail jerseys....well I guess they do with those breakaway ones.

Reactions: Back in Black

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I know that Starter (and I guess Pro Player) alternate coloured jerseys exist for other teams, I've just never seen that Senators one before. If it was a medium or large, and at a bargain price, I'd probably pick it up just for the sake of having an oddball Sens jersey. I def would not pay almost 100 Canadian after shipping for it though.....

s-l500.jpg

There's another example. As a whole, they are pretty hard to find, but I've seen other teams alt colour jerseys pop up occasionally. Even if some are ugly, I wish they'd still do stuff like that with retail jerseys....well I guess they do with those breakaway ones.
I think they had those "black" series jerseys for a while.

img.aspx

Pretty ugly though.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I think they had those "black" series jerseys for a while.

img.aspx

Pretty ugly though.

They have "fashion" jerseys, but they are usually really weird and ugly. I think they are called "Crosscheck" not "Breakaway" like I said in my other posts.

Cross-Check1.jpg

These old Starter alt colours remind me more of NFL color rush jerseys conceptually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->