2017 New Logo/Jersey News And Concepts | Part 2 | Disappointment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Icejerseys is having a sale on 40% off sale on teams who missed the playoffs (coupon code is OUT40). Although it looks like there is not a lot of stock left. No white jerseys, and for my red I had to settle for XL instead of L.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Can you fill in the White part? So it's all black. Just the helmet and cape remaining.

Thank you
Sure!

RMboVXj.png

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I don't like it. It needs more Maple Leafs. Our jerseys don't have enough Maple Leafs on them.

You don't have the exact quote from the fan question do you?....im at a loss as to why an actual Sens fan would ask this, someone told me it was somewhat in reference to Calgary and the flags they use on the shoulders, what was the crowd response to this question being asked...sorry I have so many questions about this and the person who asked it lol

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
You don't have the exact quote from the fan question do you?....im at a loss as to why an actual Sens fan would ask this, someone told me it was somewhat in reference to Calgary and the flags they use on the shoulders, what was the crowd response to this question being asked...sorry I have so many questions about this and the person who asked it lol

There is the audio for the first town hall. I don't remember the exact quote, but if you were interested enough, it should be in there somewhere.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Iirc it was a pretty basic inquiry of why we don't have it on our jersey already to ensure the association with Canada. I thought it was one of the stupid fodder questions, but I suppose some might care about such a thing, and apparently Dorion thought it was a good one lol.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

There is the audio for the first town hall. I don't remember the exact quote, but if you were interested enough, it should be in there somewhere.

Thanks will take a listen when I get a moment, I did already but must have missed that question

Iirc it was a pretty basic inquiry of why we don't have it on our jersey already to ensure the association with Canada. I thought it was one of the stupid fodder questions, but I suppose some might care about such a thing, and apparently Dorion thought it was a good one lol.

What would be worse: someone believing having a maple leaf on an Ottawa Senators jersey is needed or that the organization believes that would be a question that the fans would care about and thus it was planted....

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Having a Maple Leaf on our jersey is a dumb expectation. It'd be one thing if we were the only Canadian team in an all American league.

I would buy it if people wanted something like the Peace Tower represented on our jersey. That is something that is Canadian, but is also strongly associated as a piece of Ottawa iconography so in that respect it isn't just pandering to the insecure fake overly patriotic crowd who call Tim Hortons "timmies" on a regular basis.

The Senators actually took a step in that direction under Tom Anselmi. They started using more local images and iconography on banners at the arena, the website, and promotional material.

Reactions: NB613 and Upgrayedd

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Thanks will take a listen when I get a moment, I did already but must have missed that question

What would be worse: someone believing having a maple leaf on an Ottawa Senators jersey is needed or that the organization believes that would be a question that the fans would care about and thus it was planted....
Definitely if it were a planted question, that would be beyond ridiculous. I'm by no means surprised that this was the type of question asked at a thing like this. People are weird and some care about the strangest things... like a f***ing maple leaf on a jersey.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
latest

I got a feeling they are gonna throw that logo on the heritage template. Best of both worlds. People will then complain because it is neither the heritage, and isn't the original 2D logo.
With all that said, why is this version of the 2D logo so unpopular around here?

I poked and poked at that design for a long while, and the only way I got it to a point where I didn't dislike it for being odd looking was modifying it to the point where it looked almost like the old 2D logo. If you are gonna end up with something that's just a tweaked version of the original 2d logo...why not just use the original 2d logo?

Reactions: Icelevel

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Because they would look like this

latest

john-a-macdonald.jpg

What about Sir John A. McDonald? He could either be wielding a hockey stick, or he could have both broken ends of a hockey stick in his hands while making an angry face as to insinuate that he broke the stick in half by biting it?

Maybe Sir John A main crest, beaver shoulder crests, and then sublimated Canadian flags all over the jersey?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Just... we have a good logo, though. We have two good logos - The original 2D logo, and the =O= logo.

We don't need a new logo. We just need to make the black heritage jersey our main one, and put the original 2D logo on the shoulders, with a white away version of the same (but white instead of cream, basically the Belleville home-and-away set).

Then have a red alternate/3rd jersey and swap the logos, with the original 2D logo on the front and the =O= on the shoulders, so that the minority of Sens fans who don't like the =O= logo can wear a jersey with their preferred logo featured.

Done. Easy peasy. This isn't rocket science.

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018
Just... we have a good logo, though. We have two good logos - The original 2D logo, and the =O= logo.

We don't need a new logo. We just need to make the black heritage jersey our main one, and put the original 2D logo on the shoulders, with a white away version of the same (but white instead of cream, basically the Belleville home-and-away set).

Then have a red alternate/3rd jersey and swap the logos, with the original 2D logo on the front and the =O= on the shoulders, so that the minority of Sens fans who don't like the =O= logo can wear a jersey with their preferred logo featured.

Done. Easy peasy. This isn't rocket science.

Man, I tried...

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 71

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Man, I tried...

My dude, you've done enough for this team that nobody should be questioning your dedication to this.

Your designs are basically exactly what we need. I still can't understand why we insist on having some of the ugliest uniforms in the league when all they have to do is green-light your work. Like... it's already done, Eugene. Someone did all of the work for you. No need to hire anyone, no need to wait for the work to be done. Just pay the man, and send the specs to Adidas and have them put it on the factory line, already.

Reactions: NB613 and 18Hossa

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018
My dude, you've done enough for this team that nobody should be questioning your dedication to this.

Your designs are basically exactly what we need. I still can't understand why we insist on having some of the ugliest uniforms in the league when all they have to do is green-light your work. Like... it's already done, Eugene. Someone did all of the work for you. No need to hire anyone, no need to wait for the work to be done. Just pay the man, and send the specs to Adidas and have them put it on the factory line, already.

Oh it was offered for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad