2017 New Logo/Jersey News And Concepts | Part 2 | Disappointment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
New thread. Old one here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2122823

well there are SOME changes

white on the sleeve in square
white on side doesnt go all the way up to the armpit
numbers are higher on the arm
collar is all black

---------

The font and numbers are a nice update.
b7c1612abe620b5eaf98f8cd47e0b793.gif

Last edited:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Absolute let down, will not be purchasing a single sens item until inevitable logo change has happened

2 years minimum with this set IIRC, so rebranding won't be for another 2 seasons or maybe until Lebreton.

Get it done, Tom. **** like this is why Leeder was fired. It's gotta be literally 98% of fans that want change. Insane.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I didn't even get my "no armpit stripe" wish to come true.

Also: not unique to the Sens, but the new "perforated numbers" on all the jerseys suck.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Because of the deal with Fanatics though, these aren't even the jerseys we eventually can buy right? It'll be an official knockoff for sale instead?

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
I can live with it, I understood that with the plan for a new arena and with the new management being brought in so late into the Adidas rework that it was not going to be much different.
But...I do fully expect to see a full rebrand in 4 years. 2 years with these current jerseys, third year with the weekly alternate and then the fourth year will either bring in the new look just before we are supposed to be in LBF or they will save it all for one huge "hurrah" and go with the new look and new arena together. I am hoping they don't go the latter route since they could market the team for a whole year prior and give the team some buzz for a few seasons off the ice.

The numbers and shoulders give me a football jersey feel for sure.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah I didn't expect much change. Anselmi looking at a total re-brand, no need to make drastic changes before then

That would be a completely tone-deaf stance by the team. The fan base is crying for a rebranding, but hey, there's a schedule that dovetails with our arena move, so fans can suck lemons for a couple more seasons.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
That would be a completely tone-deaf stance by the team. The fan base is crying for a rebranding, but hey, there's a schedule that dovetails with our arena move, so fans can suck lemons for a couple more seasons.

It will either generate (more) resentment or when they finally do rebrand and hopefully knock it out of the park, everyone will eat it up and they will make a killing because of how bad people want it.
I am thinking it will be the second choice, we can suck it up for a few more years.
New arena, new jerseys/brand, its like getting a new team, everyone will be excited and they'll make a tonne of money.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
This is the laziest new jersey design ever. It's like they took about 5 minutes to switch the arm bands, then changed the lettering and were like, "Yup, that's good enough."

I hope the Sens don't order too many of these jerseys though. I don't think they will be big sellers.

I heard on the radio this morning that the "authentic" jerseys will have the Adidas branding on them, and the replicas will have Fanatics branding on them.

The Adidas authentic jerseys will cost $369!! THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY NINE DOLLARS!!! What the actual (blank) are they thinking??

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
This is the laziest new jersey design ever. It's like they took about 5 minutes to switch the arm bands, then changed the lettering and were like, "Yup, that's good enough."

I hope the Sens don't order too many of these jerseys though. I don't think they will be big sellers.

I heard on the radio this morning that the "authentic" jerseys will have the Adidas branding on them, and the replicas will have Fanatics branding on them.

The Adidas authentic jerseys will cost $369!! THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY NINE DOLLARS!!! What the actual (blank) are they thinking??

A cool $417 with Ontario tax.

Crazy.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I like the cleaner, more traditional font for the lettering and the jerseys, so I guess we will take our wins where we can find them. Other than that, blah. Prediction - by the end of the season, management is going to be sick of hearing fans asking about the heritage jerseys, to which I say good. I hope Anselmi gets asked about it every time he does an interview.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
not unique to the Sens, but the new "perforated numbers" on all the jerseys suck.

Because of the deal with Fanatics though, these aren't even the jerseys we eventually can buy right? It'll be an official knockoff for sale instead?

Chinese knockoffs will actually be better....:sarcasm::laugh:

I hope they don't sell a single F'en jersey, but saying that I'll probably get caught up at the outdoor game and end up drunkenly buying one!!!! :nod:

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Ah never change Sens :laugh:. Maybe if we all say that we like these **** jerseys they'll make the change? :dunno:

The Vegas jerseys seem to be really polarizing, either you love em or hate em. I love em, I even like the red part to them and prefer the ones that have that to the mockups that don't. At this point, I'd sooner buy a Vegas jersey than one of these "new" Sens ones.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Sigh. Lame. They just don't get it at all, they are supposed to be professionals, but even a guy (who could a be a pro too) on HFBoards main boards creates something 100000x more amazing to appease the fans.

Last edited:

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Had extreme low expectations yet was still let down, i would prefer a simple red sweater with the logo at this point. The arm business is ridiculous and to stay with the rbk template is so bad its hilarious....i was sure they wouldnt push that stock template forward yet here we are lol. If memory serves correct essentially every team that started with that rbk template changed pretty quickly with us and the penguins being the lone hold out. Think the pens changed it like 5 years ago now haha.

Welp surely this indicates a complete rebrand asap no business is this deaf to its clients surely. Will continue not to purchase any 3d related gear personally.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Am I the only one that prefers the old font?

I am not sure it is the same, but the new one looks exactly like Arizona's IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->