2017 New Logo/Jersey News And Concepts | Part 2 | Disappointment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I'm still pissed that Buffalo was able to use a 1 off jersey for their Fan jersey give away night against the SENS last week. Why not us????

We did use the WC red jersey multiple time on Thursday game.
Is it that much different than Buffalo wearing their different jersey?
Is there a difference between the 2 situations?

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I'm still pissed that Buffalo was able to use a 1 off jersey for their Fan jersey give away night against the SENS last week. Why not us????
We were only supposed to wear the Heritage Classic jersey a handful of times after the game, however we wore it way more than what we were supposed to. So that could have played a part in it.

Reactions: NB613

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Was Anselmi not the driver of the O returning? The new WC is nice, gotta continue down that type of path imo
Ya he definitely was. I'm just hoping we get them for next season. I'm so tired of our crappy jerseys, especially when we have beautiful ones not getting used.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Ya he definitely was. I'm just hoping we get them for next season. I'm so tired of our crappy jerseys, especially when we have beautiful ones not getting used.

Hopefully they will actually wake up and start listening to the fans now as the season seat numbers plummet, i believe Cy Leeder seemed to indicate all other decision makers with the team love the reebok edge 3d centurion

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Seems like they it's a pretty close split between the centurion and the O. Not sure if he's talking about the 2d or 3d centurion. Gotta imagine it's the 2d, right?

I'd much rather the 2d over the O personally. I'd keep the O as our 3rd jerseys.

Edit: Still the GOAT design in my mind. Or swap the black O with the red ones.

lineup_zps5671bf6d.png

Last edited:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
So does that last tweet mean we're getting new jerseys next year for sure?

Hopefully, but the contract with Adidas might prohibit it until year 3 or 4 (can't really know for sure). If we get a third jeresy next year though I would be pretty certain that it would be our future home jersey.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
2D or bust. The O is a beautiful alternative but shouldn’t be the logo people think about the Sens.

I am hoping for the O, but would take the 2D over the current in a second. This isn't an "or bust" situation in my view, but a "anything but the currents" situation instead.

Also, on a side note, I wonder if age (or number of years following the team closely) has a correlation with favouring the "O" or the 2D. I am only 24, didn't become a Sens fan until the mid 2000s, and didn't start following the team closely until 2011-12 so I would fit into the new fan side. I could be mistaken, but it seems like a lot of people that prefer the 2D are older (30s and above).

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The 90s are over guys, and the 20s are almost here. Only appropriate we have the same logo we did during the last time the 20s came around.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I am hoping for the O, but would take the 2D over the current in a second. This isn't an "or bust" situation in my view, but a "anything but the currents" situation instead.

Also, on a side note, I wonder if age (or number of years following the team closely) has a correlation with favouring the "O" or the 2D. I am only 24, didn't become a Sens fan until the mid 2000s, and didn't start following the team closely until 2011-12 so I would fit into the new fan side. I could be mistaken, but it seems like a lot of people that prefer the 2D are older (30s and above).

You may be onto something. I'm almost 30 but have been following the team since 96, and I didn't absolutely love our first logo back in the day. My desire for the 2D is definitely influenced by nostalgia. Looking back, you could argue that "we didn't know how good we had it" with those sexy white 2D jerseys, they were some of the best league-wide. But again... how much of that opinion is nostalgia talking..

Honestly, I'm fine with either the 2D or O. FWIW, the O looks better on my hats than a 2D or 3D logo.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
You may be onto something. I'm almost 30 but have been following the team since 96, and I didn't absolutely love our first logo back in the day. My desire for the 2D is definitely influenced by nostalgia. Looking back, you could argue that "we didn't know how good we had it" with those sexy white 2D jerseys, they were some of the best league-wide. But again... how much of that opinion is nostalgia talking..

Honestly, I'm fine with either the 2D or O. FWIW, the O looks better on my hats than a 2D or 3D logo.

When i looked at Belleville white jersey.. and i imagine it with the O instead, i'm telling myself the they will be one of the best away jersey in the league. That white jersey is solid.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I love the both the O and the 2D logo. I think both can stand the test of time, which is really all I want. A classic, simple logo that we stick with forever. Our 3D logo is a mess, can't believe we ditched the 2D for it. And ya, the Belleville jerseys look incredible, as do the original 90s jerseys. Either set could stand the test of time imo.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I did a very quick jersey comparison across Ottawa mainstream sports teams. One of these jerseys is not like the others :laugh:

y0piKUM.jpg

Will be nice to go with either the O (which frankly would fall in line perfectly with the rest of our town's classy jerseys) or the 2D full-time. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

p.s. that's this year's newly-released Fury jersey.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
latest

I got a feeling they are gonna throw that logo on the heritage template. Best of both worlds. People will then complain because it is neither the heritage, and isn't the original 2D logo.

fetekuk.jpg

I'm not the first one to come up with that kind of concept. Keep in mind, these mock ups were done when there was speculation that Nike might bid on the jersey contract, and also that there might be sponsorship on jerseys. Also, I guess I can predict the future because natural born leader Curtis Lazar is currently rocking the A for us. (In a distant alternate universe where he panned out as Mike Fisher 2.0 and married Taylor Swift)

With all that said, why is this version of the 2D logo so unpopular around here?

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
With all that said, why is this version of the 2D logo so unpopular around here
It's extremely cartoon-y and looks like it was rushed and incomplete. The much too thick strokes, over-defined facial expression, quarter-moon visor hinge and cut in the brush and cape are what gives it the cartoon look.

It tries to be a circular logo but fails, the laurels are there just for the hell of it and don't add to the piece, the shadow depth of the helmet on the cheek also adds to the cartoon look.

The original is much more refined and doesn't have the cartoon aspect that this poorer version does.

Last edited:

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I was goofing on my highly advanced version of MS Paint here at work, and if someone could take the newer 2D logo and just remove the face (make it match the black/dark dark grey of the background) and post it, I think it actually looks pretty good. Needs more work, but for a rough template, I kind of like it.

I can't upload from my work computer. Stupid security settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad