2017 Hot Seat

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Bears also have no takeaways thus far on year which is not good given the pathetic performance of team in last 2 years

17 takeaways in 2015
11 takeaways in 2016 (NFL record low)

Fox should be fired ASAP

Oh wow I didn't realize it was that bad.

How does a team only produce 11 turnovers in an entire year? That's...I don't even know how to describe it.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
How does Chuck Pagano still have a job? I only caught the last 2 minutes and OT and he was horrific. 3rd and 7, tie game, 35 seconds left at your own 15, opponent with 1 TO left, with a QB playing his 1st game for you and you pass? Lol.

I would fire him on the spot. I don't care that Ariz missed the fg.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Nebraska might fire a coach the same year he gets an extension for the second time. One cupcake beat them and the other came close. They've got 3 ranked opponents left on the schedule so you have to figure 7-5 is their ceiling.

The Nebraskholes will be calling for Reilly's head with that record. Any worse and it will get uglier than a Nebraska cheerleader.

7c11545d_how-dare-you.gif

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
How does Chuck Pagano still have a job? I only caught the last 2 minutes and OT and he was horrific. 3rd and 7, tie game, 35 seconds left at your own 15, opponent with 1 TO left, with a QB playing his 1st game for you and you pass? Lol.

As a fan of a division rival, I hope they keep him forever.

That being said, he's gotta be the worst coach in the league right now. It's comical how bad his game management is.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Nebraska isn't going to schedule many nonconference opponents with the idea of being challenged.

I get it from the Nebraska perspective. They need to beat a MAC team at home.

But NIU (yes, I went there) has a history of beating big schools. Carey is 4-1 vs the big 10 now, with their one lose being by only 7 pts at #1 Ohio St. They have been one of the better non power 5 programs for a while now, although they had a down year last season. Show a little respect, lol.

Last edited:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I get it from the Nebraska perspective. They need to beat a MAC team at home.

But NIU (yes, I went there) has a history of beating big schools. Carey is 4-1 vs the big 10 now, with their one lose being by only 7 pts at #1 Ohio St. They have been one of the better non power 5 programs for a while no, although they had a down year last season. Show a little respect, lol.

Believe me NIU is my second favorite team this week and if it isn't CU or Bama I am a total class warrior in college football.

I also love the idea of Nebraska being so dumb they get hoisted on their own petard underestimating the MAC school they scheduled.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Nebraska might fire a coach the same year he gets an extension for the second time. One cupcake beat them and the other came close. They've got 3 ranked opponents left on the schedule so you have to figure 7-5 is their ceiling.

The Nebraskholes will be calling for Reilly's head with that record. Any worse and it will get uglier than a Nebraska cheerleader.

Lower expectations might help him. But Gary Andersen who was Mike Riley's replacement at Oregon State isn't doing too hot either. He's off to a 1-3 start in year 3 there for him. He got blown out by Colorado State, Minnesota, & Washington State while pulling out a close win against Portland State so far. He went 2-10 & 4-8 in his first two years.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Because Irsay is a moron. Pagano should have been fire after last season but he won the power struggle over Grigson, either way he's a goner this year IMO. Can't see the Colts finishing any better than 8-8.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
How long before McA doo-doo is fired

Overall the Giants seem to be a pretty loyal organization and McAdoo seems to be one of "their guys" but that offense has been bad for awhile and he is the only one to blame for it.

I am surprised after last year they didn't think about bringing in a new play caller/OC but after the first two games I don't know how you can't be looking to bring in something new when McAdoo was already a bad OC prior to being HC and now appears to be worse.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I'm convinced Lovie Smith was just chasing a paycheck when he signed up for that job. It was a dumpster fire to begin with but even he's seemed to mailed it in at this point.

He should be entering next season likely on the hot seat.

Honestly I think he simply jumped at first offer as HC because he knew that in NFL he would likely need to take a coordinator job and he doesn't want to do it

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Honestly I think he simply jumped at first offer as HC because he knew that in NFL he would likely need to take a coordinator job and he doesn't want to do it

Maybe. He's getting up there in age so perhaps this was a way to collect a nice check before retiring as he's making $4M a year there.

I don't really think he's a fit for the college game & everything that comes with it though. It's been decades since the last time he was in college coaching & a lot has obviously changed.

kov

Jul 5, 2002
NYC
Two questions I put here to avoid creating a new thread:

1) Roughly where does Jim Caldwell stack up against other coaches? Reviews seem to be mixed so I gather he's middle of the pack, maybe on the high-side of middle?

2) Obviously, the strength of resources they have have to be accounted for; so how do you assess a coach for a cellar-dweller team over a single season? What are the most important things you can reasonably expect, is it just keeping penalties and turnovers low?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00