2017 Hot Seat

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Jackson should be safe at minimum for 2 years. Let the guy actually build a damn culture/roster instead of going back to the coaching wheel

I believe when Haslam hired Jackson the thinking was he would be given at least 5 years to turn the team around. Haslam was probably tired of the constant coaching turmoil (and the money that comes with it) and finally realized it takes a few years to fix a team as morbid as his.

This thread is morbid. Why does it excite you thinking of people losing their jobs and being miserable?

And holy crow, what in the name of He-Man is with a the ",," thing?

Nobody forced you to open this thread. :dunno:

If the Cowboys have a disappointing season, Jason Garrett should be on the hot seat. This is somehow this 8th season (7th full)...does he do anything other than clap? That playoff game against GB was not a good look.

I also will believe Marvin Lewis is fired when I see it. Not buying that he is on any hot seat.

Considering Jerry Jones publicly said he wants Garrett to be "his Tom Landry" I doubt he's in any danger of being fired.

Sep 19, 2008
Dude, you know who the owner is, right? Jesus Christ could be the coach and he would be on the hot seat.

He's on the hot seat if they lose.

Jay's record is pretty good at Washington rn. If they win 3 or 4 games this year then bring him up. Right now? No chance. Especially with the extension.

Sep 19, 2008
People always seem to give scum like edsall(texted all players he was leaving uconn), petrino and saban a pass. Saban essentially quit on the dolphins and ran to Alabama. But no matter what they do they'll never be on petrino level. He just left a note

Imagine someone left your job and just wrote a note. No two week notice. Just a note. "See ya." How would you feel??

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You don't have to convince anyone that Petrino is among the lowest form of human excrement.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I believe Mularkey is on the hot seat with all the off season acquisitions that the Titans have made; if they stumble hard in the first quarter of the season, I could see the noose tightening, or maybe that's just the frustration of bad teams and the way they finished the season last year (Jacksonville on the road with the playoffs on the line) & they've looked like hot garbage this pre-season as well.

Feb 24, 2017
Newsflash: We have one of these threads every year. Its simply speculating who is vulnerable to getting fired since every year there is quite an active coaching carousel. No one is really celebrating someone losing their job per say......unless of course said individual is so utterly incompetent at coaching that he makes watching your favorite team a miserable experience.

I appreciate the attempt at educating me. I may have misrepresented myself here. I know this thread always happens. And I also happen to know which poster seems to salivate harder than any other at the prospect of another man's unemployment.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I appreciate the attempt at educating me. I may have misrepresented myself here. I know this thread always happens. And I also happen to know which poster seems to salivate harder than any other at the prospect of another man's unemployment.

Meh. If they're bad at their job, they deserve to be fired. It's hard to feel sorry for multimillionaires.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
You do know Jones fired Landry right? :laugh:

Really???????? No sh/t.

Hence why he wants Garrett to be his Landry - his long time coach. Someone he hand picked.

He's already easily the longest serving coach of Jones' regime so that bodes well for him IMO. Could have canned him after 3 straight 8-8 seasons, or a 4-12 season.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Really???????? No sh/t.

Hence why he wants Garrett to be his Landry - his long time coach. Someone he hand picked.

He's already easily the longest serving coach of Jones' regime so that bodes well for him IMO. Could have canned him after 3 straight 8-8 seasons, or a 4-12 season.

He had it in JJ but fired him for being too good. Garrett can't coach his way out of a paper bag but he sucks up to Jerruh.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
By this time next year, Jon Gruden is coaching Indianapolis with Peyton Manning as president and Ballard as GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad