2017 Hot Seat

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I thought Rich Rod had some crazy buyout number that is keeping him there now and likely for at least another season.

Similar to Kelly and Sumilin why do these colleges keep giving mediore coaches crazy contracts that keeps you tied to guys that you don't want to be your coach?

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/907025554167275520

Safe to say after that asskicking at the hands of the Rams, Pagano's name can be thrown in the mix.

As mean as it is to say, he only held on to a job this long because of the cancer diagonsis. There's no way a coach this dumb should have had that long of a leash.

I think Pagano has been on the hot seat since last season. Not sure why they did not let him go when Grigson was too.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Pagano deserves to be fired. Mack scored an obvious TD early in the game that was ruled out at the half yard line and instead of challenging it, they tried to run a quick play and were stuffed and then stuffed again and settled for 3.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think Lewis is too obvious to not have at the top. Pagano will probably get a bit of a leash with no Luck to start.

Sep 19, 2008
Sean Payton has had a shocking decline from grace. He used to lead good teams. They got Brees up in there yet they ain't made no playoffs in forever man. He has to answer the call this year

Sep 19, 2008
Fox should also be canned too. Hasn't really done anything in Chicago. Patience starting to run thin on a lot of these guys like Fox and Payton. Put up or shut up.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Fox should also be canned too. Hasn't really done anything in Chicago. Patience starting to run thin on a lot of these guys like Fox and Payton. Put up or shut up.

Fox is a terrible coach who should never have been hired to begin with

The ending series to game on Sunday shows how awful he is as a coach. Pulled Cohen off field and used excuse of wanting better "pass blocking" thankfully the Bears media doesn't take his nonsense as gospel and actually look at film after his lies

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Many have said he has been carried by Brees and really isn't that good a coach

Will be interesting to see how he does in 2nd stint as HC

All great head coaches had good-great quarterbacks who made them look good-great. That's why they were great teams and thus good coaches.

Sean Payton has also been waiting for Jason Garrett to get fired for years. And at times he's gotten complacent such as this past Monday. There's been rumors the past two years of him leaving via trade, which if Brees leaves, they should feel obligated to do in order to recoup some value. Likely to have an opening in Indy and get to coach Andrew Luck, who will be at the same point Brees was when he signed with the Saints. Should be an attractive situation and Jim Irsay is crazy enough to make it happen if he wants it to.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Payton is a good coach. I think he might be one of those guys that stuck around with one team for a bit too long and the lack of success is muddying people's view of him. Kinda like Barry Trotz before he left Nashville.

There would be a line of suitors waiting to interview him if he were to leave the Saints.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Pace probably would given his ties to NO

But mama McCaskey and her idiot son (Idiot son #2) likely wouldn't be willing to shell out the $$$ to bring him in especially if they are paying off Fox final year

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Marvin is 100% gone, and I don't think he's going to make it to the end of the season, but they don't have the balls to do it now.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I would put Bill O'Brien right there with him.

A supposed offensive guy and QB "whisperer" and his offenses haven't not only not been good but have prevented his teams from being a contender.

He can point to all the injuries but how many different QB's is this expert going to run through before people realize he is a fraud?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad