2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Grégoire still has a chance to make it to the NHL. !5 points in 23 games and he is leading the team by a good margin in +/- at +12. Remember that he turned 22 only three months ago. It's still young foe a prospect, we tend to forget it because he started his AHL career at 20. A guy like Vejdemo will turn 22 in a month or so, even though he was drafted two years after Grégoire.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Grégoire still has a chance to make it to the NHL. !5 points in 23 games and he is leading the team by a good margin in +/- at +12. Remember that he turned 22 only three months ago. It's still young foe a prospect, we tend to forget it because he started his AHL career at 20. A guy like Vejdemo will turn 22 in a month or so, even though he was drafted two years after Grégoire.
I like Grégoire's determination but his lack of speed is really hurting his chances to make the NHL one day IMO.

Reactions: CoopersFalls

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
When is the last time Fucale played? Looking at his stats, he seems to be stuck at 2 games even in the ECHL. Nice to see Scherbak continue where he was before his injury.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
When is the last time Fucale played? Looking at his stats, he seems to be stuck at 2 games even in the ECHL. Nice to see Scherbak continue where he was before his injury.

Laval is inexplicably carrying all 3 goalies. And they choose to dress Lindgren and McNiven. When Fucale was sent to Brampton, it was said ahead of time that he will play two games and return to Laval. I thought that when he'd get back, they would send McNiven to Breampton, but he's still with Laval.

I'm thinking that the association with Brampton is all but done with Montreal. They have been used more by the Ottawa Senators, who don't have an ECHL affiliate and can only send players to ECHL teams associated with other organizations. Ever since Ebbing, Boucher, and McNiven were called up to Laval, they haven't been sent back even as some players returned from injury.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I watched the last game today, Scherbak looked good but appeared to be a bit sluggish which isn't surprising after missing so much time. The PK just sucked, I didn't get to see a good bit of the 3rd but Lindgren was making some big saves but the defense had some mis cues and poor positioning.

I like Boucher, would be interested to see him get more ice time as he's got the speed and effort, scored off a nice shot, not as good as Scherbak's was but he at least might be worth bringing back next year. Same with Leblanc who certainly seems better then Bourque so far although I really think they are doing him a disservice by not sending him to the ECHL as he needs to play vs just sitting.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Rocket Report: Five thoughts & data from December 16 & 17, 2017
He's bang on about needing to figure out the utility players situation. Juulsen has indeed adapted quite well to the AHL, defensively at least.

well to be fair they were facing the 2nd best PP in the AHL, but yes it wasn't pretty at all. They had 4 PP goals last game. Juulsen has been impressive, he was caught on one of the PP goals against.

Don't agree with him at all in regards to Waked, he's easily been out played by Petti and Boucher who I would play more since they work hard and have good speed. That said I have missed more games this year then I usually do. I think Waked and Bourque need to be in the ECHL, not sure what they should do with the backup, McNiven needs to play so I don't like him sitting and Fucale is better off as the backup then McNiven imo. Same for Bourque, kid needs to play. Leblanc has been pretty good so he shouldn't play over him. They need to get rid of Gelinas though. Hard to believe he used to be an NHLer.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
The positive news to finish the year 2017 for Laval is that Guy Lafleur will soon move out there in this city (Don't tell me what's our ranking)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Scherbak is looking good. It would be so key if he could pan out...

it would be huge as the skill is there to be a 1st liner, his passing is already elite and he's got a heck of a shot. Just that he's lacking strength in a major way, he's going to need to improve there a good bit but put him with Galchenyuk or Pac and you will see him making unreal passes. There have been several times when watching him either in the WHL or AHL and just said holy shit was that a sick pass. But what makes him more dangerous is getting confidence in his shot, he can fire it so once he learns to really use it more, goalies won't know what he's going to do shoot or pass. CJ will need to work with him though as his defensive game is poor.

Reactions: WinterLion

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
I watched the last game today, Scherbak looked good but appeared to be a bit sluggish which isn't surprising after missing so much time. The PK just sucked, I didn't get to see a good bit of the 3rd but Lindgren was making some big saves but the defense had some mis cues and poor positioning.

I like Boucher, would be interested to see him get more ice time as he's got the speed and effort, scored off a nice shot, not as good as Scherbak's was but he at least might be worth bringing back next year. Same with Leblanc who certainly seems better then Bourque so far although I really think they are doing him a disservice by not sending him to the ECHL as he needs to play vs just sitting.

Issue is the availability/quality of one on one coaching in Brampton.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Look at Brampton and their coaching situaton:

Official Site of the Brampton Beast: Hockey Operations

Stocked by Montreal and Ottawa. Head coach with dual responsibilities while prepping prospects for two organizations.

Right now, only Fucale is in Brampton that belongs to the Habs, and they just sent him down yesterday night. Brampton has been less used by Montreal and more by Ottawa this season, if I'm not mistaken.

At the start, it was McNiven, Boucher, and Ebbing that started in Brampton belonging to Montreal. Then Ottawa started sending a few of their prospects there (they don't have an ECHL affiliate). With a few injuries in Laval and Montreal, McNiven, Boucher, and Ebbing were called up to the Rocket and have never been sent back down, even if the injured players all returned to the line-up.

I'm expecting this year to be the last one Brampton and Habs are affiliated.

I read last week that a few people are looking to bring the IceCaps back. And they're looking at either joining the QMJHL or the ECHL (which the article mentioned that Montreal would possibly associate themselves with them again since their partnership went well last time around).

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Look at Brampton and their coaching situaton:

Official Site of the Brampton Beast: Hockey Operations

Stocked by Montreal and Ottawa. Head coach with dual responsibilities while prepping prospects for two organizations.

If it was his first day on the job and he only got it because he showed up to the wrong interview and was really there to interview for the dishwashers job, I still think he has a chance to be better then Lefebvre.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Sucks for Fucale should be ahead of McNiven at this point but alas I guess the team has seemingly totally given up on him.

Does Brampton even have assistant coaches? The link above only lists a goalie coach.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Right now, only Fucale is in Brampton that belongs to the Habs, and they just sent him down yesterday night. Brampton has been less used by Montreal and more by Ottawa this season, if I'm not mistaken.

At the start, it was McNiven, Boucher, and Ebbing that started in Brampton belonging to Montreal. Then Ottawa started sending a few of their prospects there (they don't have an ECHL affiliate). With a few injuries in Laval and Montreal, McNiven, Boucher, and Ebbing were called up to the Rocket and have never been sent back down, even if the injured players all returned to the line-up.

I'm expecting this year to be the last one Brampton and Habs are affiliated.

I read last week that a few people are looking to bring the IceCaps back. And they're looking at either joining the QMJHL or the ECHL (which the article mentioned that Montreal would possibly associate themselves with them again since their partnership went well last time around).

Or there's a new team in Portland, Maine next year in the ECHL.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DRsmrwIWAAA3FB0.jpg

Gelinas with his 4th of the year by McCarron and Gregoire.
Terry with his 15th of the year by Parisi and McCarron.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I am glad they are getting good attendance numbers. I haven't been to Place Bell yet but from friends I know who have been all say it's a really good venu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad