2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Same here, there we three players arriving in Laval that I was excited to see, Juulsen, Addison, and Reway. We know how it ended with Reway. But I was disappointed that I had to wait for both Juulsen and even more for Addison. And then when they reported that Juulsen had a set back and would need another few weeks, I was even more disappointed. But now I'm excited knowing he's back to practicing.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Is there a mental trainer in the staff. If the answer is yes, good for us. If the answer is no hurry up

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Another season watching a train wreck Sylvain Lefebvre coached AHL team. What a damn joke. Lost again today

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
Another season watching a train wreck Sylvain Lefebvre coached AHL team. What a damn joke. Lost again today

Well at least McCarron had 2 primary assists in a 5-2 loss. Carr should be the next callup. Lefebvre tossed off a boat.

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013

I was at the game yesterday, and the team as a whole didn't show up with a ton of energy. Jerabek did not look good, he definitely won't be the saviour our team needs on D. Audette looked really good, showed a lot of speed and some creativity. McCarron looked good, as did Lernout (he looked like he can actually play defence). There weren't a lot of positives from the rest of the team though.

Reactions: Hannibal

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I was at the game yesterday, and the team as a whole didn't show up with a ton of energy. Jerabek did not look good, he definitely won't be the saviour our team needs on D. Audette looked really good, showed a lot of speed and some creativity. McCarron looked good, as did Lernout (he looked like he can actually play defence). There weren't a lot of positives from the rest of the team though.

One of Bergevin’s many flaws is that he won’t fire people who won’t get the job done unless he is forced to. Lefebvre should have never been extended

Reactions: schnapshot

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
One of Bergevin’s many flaws is that he won’t fire people who won’t get the job done unless he is forced to. Lefebvre should have never been extended
Oh yeah. Don't get me wrong. I'm totally in agreement with what you said. Just giving a summary of the game was all ahah

Reactions: Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

It was the first game this season that Jerabek was a minus, of course it was a brutal -3 but before that he had been a plus player in 8 of 15 games. When you have the WORST defense in the AHL, that is very impressive that he was never a minus player before. Not sure why they took him off the top pairing after moving him up there the past few games.

I like Audette's speed and he's got some skill but just find him to be very impressive but he has looked better this year then last so it will be interesting to see if he can continue to build off that over the next 2-3 years.

McCarron I was worried he would sulk but he's been playing some of his best hockey this year since being sent down again. He's got 4 pts in 5 games since being sent back.

Lernout has been up and down as he was last year. The physical game is there, he has solid mobility, speed, to go with his big frame and can move the puck decently. Just needs to be more consistent in his own end, looks good at times, other times makes some terrible turnovers and reads.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I am not at all surprised the Rocket lost to the Moose. The Jets are becoming a model for draft and develop. In their first 6 years of drafting they have landed Scheifele, Trouba, Morrissey, Ehlers, Connor, Roslovic (Kane), and Laine in the 1st rd. Stanley drafted last year is already a Memorial Cup champ. Already developed are key role players Hellebuyck, Lowry, Armia (Kane). Tanev was undrafted but developed into a top PKer. On the Moose Roslovic, Petan, Lemieux (Kane), Appleton, Spacek, Harkins, Poolman (who didn't play because of injury to the Jets), Niku, Nogier, and Comrie will all likely end up in the NHL.

I watched Mc Carron on Friday, I think he should get called back...If Montreal wants to keep up with the league trend of 4 line hockey, I think Mc Carron has a future as a 4th line centre, who also centres the 2nd PP as an immovable net front presence.

Maybe a 4th line of Hudon-McCarron-Carr/Sherbak when Lehkonen returns to action.

PP1
Shaw
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Drouin
Weber

PP2
McCarron
Hudon
Pacioretty or his replacement
Petry
Mete/Jerabek

I still think the Rocket are waiting for Juulsen to get back, before they allow Jerabek to graduate. Taormina I would venture to say was brought in to mentor Juulsen through his first year. That makes the 2nd pair Parisi-Lernout/Jerabek. I think Jerabek gets the call when Mete goes to the WJHC. Timing will be good as rebuild is the likely scenario by the holidays.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just noticed Gregoire has 7 points in 12 games which has really exceeded my expectations. How has he been playing?

watched the last game, didn't notice him too much but he did look a little quicker so that should help him.

McNiven had a good game, the 2 he let in were redirected so not his fault. He wasn't as good in the SO but still hopefully something for him to build off.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
McNiven is getting the start tonight. I'm expecting him to be sent down to Brampton following the game. And it will be the Lindgren/Fucale tandem in Laval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad