2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't think Sherbak will be in the NHL for the rest of the year at least I hope not. Sure he had a great start but my god I hope we learned the lessons of bringing guys up too early. McCarron and DLR are perfect examples. Sherbak is too important to jeopardize imo.

I agree. Scherbak's potential is bigger than McCarron and DLR.

It's guaranteed Scherbak will head to Laval after his recovery. They won't put him in the NHL after an injury that required surgery. Even if he was an NHL'er, they'd probably still give him a conditioning stint. However, I do hope they keep him in Laval all year, or at the very least, for as long as possible. Even if Laval ends up crapping the bed, he can still progress individually. Hudon is living proof of a prospect developing despite his team being consistently bad.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Anyone got a report on Jeremy Gregoire? 13 pts in 19 games is impressive for a 6th rounder.

He still needs to get quicker, but while he's looked better, he's also getting better ice time as in the past he had some injury issues and was a staple on the 4th line and didn't play very much at all. He has as many assists in 18 games then he did in his 1st 2 seasons in the AHL.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
This team is virtually unwatchable. I know that they're missing important players to call ups & injury, but still. The Habs farm team hasn't had a prospect worth getting excited about since Subban. That's just pathetic. Outside of Juulsen and Scherbak, there aren't any NHL prospects worth following.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Guess who I saw in this Saturday afternoon. My bus was next to the Toronto Marlies bus at the bridge over the Carrefour Laval. I didn't stop making the middle finger salute and laughing at them. Too bad, I didn't have eggs in my backpack.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So it looks like Sylvain Lefebvre is doing again a great job down there
Bravo Sylvain

Ton chum Marc

Lefebvre found a convenient excuse for the team's loss against the Marlies on Friday. It's all due to the teddy bear toss!

:laugh:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Lefebvre found a convenient excuse for the team's loss against the Marlies on Friday. It's all due to the teddy bear toss!

:laugh:

What's funny is his team was better before and after the teddy bear toss. His team was also the better team in the second period. His team completely sucked in the third period. Which is where they lost that game. So what he should blame for breaking the rhythm isn't the teddy bear toss, but the 2nd intermission.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just 1 win the last 10 hurts, but they are still very much in the thick of a playoff race as they currently sit 5th in the division as they have played more games then everyone else. Getting Scherbak, McCarron back for next game on Saturday should help the offense. Maybe Fucale comes up and McNiven goes back to the ECHL although I have wondered if Team Canada is looking at Fucale again for the Spengler Cup.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just 1 win the last 10 hurts, but they are still very much in the thick of a playoff race as they currently sit 5th in the division as they have played more games then everyone else. Getting Scherbak, McCarron back for next game on Saturday should help the offense. Maybe Fucale comes up and McNiven goes back to the ECHL although I have wondered if Team Canada is looking at Fucale again for the Spengler Cup.

It may be the case. Maybe that's why they chose to send Fucale to Brampton instead of McNiven. In order to get ready for the Spengler Cup, he needs to see some action.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Can we just get rid of freaking Sly already ? How much losing does it take in a 6 year span for it to finally be enough? In any other business he would have been shitcanned a long time ago with that record.

Last edited:

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Team does something good for the community.

Coach: " Yeah the damn thing killed all our momentum. Without it we would have won."

Completely ignoring the fact your team can't score goals. Much like the Habs.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Team does something good for the community.

Coach: " Yeah the damn thing killed all our momentum. Without it we would have won."

Completely ignoring the fact your team can't score goals. Much like the Habs.

But his team did have the momentum even after the teddy bear toss and in the 2nd period. It's in the third period they screwed it all up and lost, long after the toss.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Lefebvre seems to be as bad of a human being as he is a coach.

Must be nice to be drinking buddies with Bergevin.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How is Juulsen looking

So far, so good. Doesn't make too many mistakes. In fact, you rarely see him make one. Makes easy and simple plays. Doesn't hold on to the puck unnecessarily. Has a physical presence. Not that he lays guys out like Lernout does, but he uses his size. He can move the puck up. He's not a mobile defenseman a la Mete. But he can move. But his first option is to pass the puck up the ice to get the attack going. He doesn't wow you and he won't stick out, but that is precisely what you want from him. If you don't notice him much, it means he had a good game.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Real cool!

Edit: I posted a Facebook video of Patrick Friolet interviewing Chris Terry, Brett Lernout, and Eisenschmid in french. But I don't see it once I make the post. Does anyone else see it or is it missing for you, too?

Edit 2: I posted the tweet that offers the link to the video on RDS' website.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->