2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
I would not be surprised to see Lefebvre replacing JJDaignault as the new D-men coach next season.... Especially IF Patrick Roy becomes the new GM or Hockey Prez....

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched the 1st half of the game, very boring, was hoping Addison's line would play more but they weren't on the ice much at all. If the Habs want to tank next year they should look to Laval, hire Lefebvre and sign Gelinas, man is he terrible at everything but shooting the puck.

Reactions: bryan1966

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
So what are we looking at for next year?

Forwards:
Terry/Audette/Cracknell
Rychel/Evans/Bitten
Addison/Verbeek/Gregoire
Boucher/Pezzetta/Waked

Taormina/Lernout
Valiev/Fleury
Bourque/Schlemko

McNiven
Fucale

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Forwards:
Terry/Audette/Cracknell
Rychel/Evans/Bitten
Addison/Verbeek/Gregoire
Boucher/Pezzetta/Waked

Taormina/Lernout
Valiev/Fleury
Bourque/Schlemko

McNiven
Fucale

We may also have Beauregard and Korostelev. Terry/Cracknell may leave or be replaced (though I'd like them back). Schlemko will still be in the NHL (sadly). Fucale may not come back.

I'd like something like
Terry - Cracknell - (Robby Jackson/Max Veronneau/Other UDFA)
Rychel - Evans - Bitten
Addison - Audette - Korostelev
Boucher - Beauregard/Verbeek - Gregoire
Broll, Eisenschmid
ECHL: Pezzetta, Waked

Taormina - Lernout
Valiev - Jordan Gross
Jimmy Schuldt
- Fleury
Bourque, Leblanc, Gelinas (will probably be back, sadly)

McNiven
Cale Morris

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watching or trying to watch today's game to see the new kids in town. Laval is just so bad, what a terrible hockey game. Out of the 6 goals scored I've only seen 1 though as was flipping back to watch Verbeek's game from the other night. Lindgren let in one from the point, just as the PP ended and he had 2 sens players right in front of him plus his own defensemen so doubt he ever saw it.

Forwards:
Terry/Audette/Cracknell
Rychel/Evans/Bitten
Addison/Verbeek/Gregoire
Boucher/Pezzetta/Waked

Taormina/Lernout
Valiev/Fleury
Bourque/Schlemko

McNiven
Fucale

Unless they pay him a lot, I got to think Terry is gone, he's too good for the AHL and can likely make a lot in the Swiss league or KHL.

Audette they moved to LW, don't know if that is going to be the plan going forward.

Cracknell I would bring back

Rychel I would think will clear waivers

I would put Waked in the ECHL

I'm hoping Froese is in Laval next year.

I think waivers Shaw could be in Laval.

Would assume Schlemko is in the NHL

I don't think Fucale will be back, at least they haven't handled him like someone they intend to bring back.

Evans, Fleury, Bitten, Pezzetta plus several undrafted FA's and throw in a few vets that likely sign with us thinking they can make our crappy roster so if they don't they will end up in Laval.

Hawkey can use the NCAA loophole since he was drafted out of the USHL and didn't go directly to the NCAA and is now a Junior. That said he's in a great spot, knows he will play almost every game, has a young team that has a really strong Sophomore class so next year should be a big year for them. I think he returns to the NCAA for his Senior year but if he wants to turn pro he can force the Habs hand.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
wow, what a f***ing nightmare of a game. One of the worst games i've ever seen our AHL club play. The defensive coverage was so piss poor it was laughable. Taormina goes for a dive in the offensive zone to try to get a puck away from said player, which was just a great idea, which leads to a 3 on 1 and our newest defensemen Johnny Austin doesn't seem to know that your job is to block the pass and ends up doing nothing so easy goal for the sens.

If I were the GM I would fire the coach after a game like that. You are playing one of the worst teams in the AHL (going into the game they were tied for 2nd worst) and they score a season high 8 goals on you with such poor effort and play. Now maybe the team gave up on Lefebvre after his walking off the ice from practice the other day but that was brutal to watch, it was so bad I couldn't turn it off, had to see how much worst it could get.

Got to think Veilleux gets suspended though, Gregoire mixed it up with a sens player and they dropped the gloves but he quickly got on top of Gregoire so Veilleux jumped in. Good on Veilleux to save Greoire from having to get new teeth.

Reactions: bryan1966

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
I am hoping Valiev is in the NHL and Schlemko in the AHL next season. (or both in the AHL if we manage to get some better depth at D)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Lol, if it wasn't for a rule change.. Lefebvre would have never coached the AHL team to the play-offs.

We held his job for him.

What a f***ing shit show.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Lefevre produced some gems guys dont ever forget that Hudon, Gallagher, Scherbak, Juulsen and co. Sly isnt there to win but to develop after all.

No I have not been brainwash by MB...

or was I? ......

:sarcasm:

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Lefevre produced some gems guys dont ever forget that Hudon, Gallagher, Scherbak, Juulsen and co. Sly isnt there to win but to develop after all.

or was I? ......

Yep, they should rehire Therrien as our farm coach, look how well he developed Crosby and Malkin, maybe he could do the same with players like Verbeek and Pezzetta. He just has to apply the same formula he used for Crosby/Malkin and it should work again everytime in turning them into superstars.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

or was I? ......

Lefebvre developped the likes of Leblanc (1st),Tinordi (1st), Beaulieu (1st), McCarron (1st), De la rose (2nd), Fucale (2nd) , Scherbak (1st), Juulsen (1st).

All of them are 1st or 2nd round picks and none of them are more than average/poor NHLer right now or not even playing in the NHL anymore.

He is not part of the problem :sarcasm:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I'm happy they're giving out a few ATO's to Junior and college players. With the Rocket eliminated from playoffs, much like Habs, they need to try new/young players to see if they got what it takes to make the jump. A sort of end of season training camp.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006

I'm happy they're giving out a few ATO's to Junior and college players. With the Rocket eliminated from playoffs, much like Habs, they need to try new/young players to see if they got what it takes to make the jump. A sort of end of season training camp.

Bailey is a big DFD with good reach. He struggles a little on the agility side, but he is a hard worker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille