Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
What I assume happens,

Forwards:
Chris Terry - Gone to Euro leagues

Adam Cracknell - Maybe back if they pay him

Jeremy Gregoire - re-signed 1 year two way

Jordan Boucher - back, maybe NHL but if not AHL contract

Markus Eisenschmid - not sure, know the Habs like him but he can't stay healthy. Good speed/PKer but not much else.

Niki Petti - gone, maybe back on an AHL contract

Yannick Veilleux - gone

David Broll - gone

Luc-Olivier Blain - gone

Thomas Ebbing - gone

Chris Leveille - gone

Defenceman:
Eric Gelinas - gone

Tom Parisi - gone

Stefan Leblanc - gone, maybe AHL contract

Willie Corrin - gone

Goalie:
Zach Fucale - gone

Do you think Gregoire could play in the NHL? He, Audette, Waked and Bourque will be the only prospects left, if Juulsen, Scherbak stick. Lindgren is still waiver eligible so i am guessing he'll be back. I think Froese and Rychel will be back. Only good thing is that the dead weight from the bottom makes some room for the prospects coming. However more dead weight may have to filter down if the prospects show any potential.

I'm sure MB has a plan...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
@montreal you think Boucher is worthy of an NHL contract?

I wouldn't be upset if they did since they don't have a lot going on, he's nothing special but has good speed, works hard and seems to have some offense. I would bring him back on an AHL contract. I think he's the best of the AHL contract guys in Laval.

Do you think Gregoire could play in the NHL? He, Audette, Waked and Bourque will be the only prospects left, if Juulsen, Scherbak stick. Lindgren is still waiver eligible so i am guessing he'll be back. I think Froese and Rychel will be back. Only good thing is that the dead weight from the bottom makes some room for the prospects coming. However more dead weight may have to filter down if the prospects show any potential.

I'm sure MB has a plan...

Well considering the Habs likely suck for some time, he could play in the NHL. He really took a big step forward this year, still needs to get quicker but maybe in a year or two he could see a cup of coffee in the NHL as he is fearless, plays hard and does have some hands just that his skating/foot speed hold him back.

Lindgren should be the backup next year as I don't like having McNiven play so little again but guess we'll see what they do.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Yep those are two good ones, they might both be worthy of an NHL contract. Will be interesting to see how they will perform in Laval for the rest of the season.

Reactions: Redux91

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I was about to mention that it'd be interesting to see McCarron played with more skilled players like Korostelev or Beauregard but then I remembered he was with the big team :laugh:

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Beauregard is a nice signing but his ECHL stats last year scare me... 10 pts in 21 games is not good.

He went from 1.55 ppg (0.33 ppg PO) last year to 2.14 ppg (1.00 ppg PO) this year in the USports, so he seems to have taken a step forward. Still it's just an ATO that could be ended whenever if he doesn't impress.

Gaston Gingras

Sep 16, 2008
Hamilton
hockey30-2018-03-20-a-16.05.39.png

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012

Having some skilled guy for once, let's look at the bright side.

Being drafted in the 7th round, then not being signed to an ELC, hopefully he got the memo about the necessity of developing his 2-way game.

Korostelev can score highlight real goal, great hands with a terrific wrister, will be fun to watch.

Obviously you don't get a full package player on an AHL try-out.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Korostelev doesn't mind the rough stuff either, which is nice, he will go to the dirty areas. But yeah, wildly inconsistent is an understatement in his case.

Beauregard, bah, why not. Sooooooo small though...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Larry Carriere said that while the results in Laval haven't been there, he still thinks there was positive this year because a bunch of players that came through Laval are with Montreal now. Things is, most of them are in and out of the line-up on any given night.

I think it's time Carriere is relieved of his duties.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I didn't read the article but on one hand it's been a better year for our AHL club in terms of develop vs past years, but on the other when you look at the whole picture of 6 years and little to show for it , that's very troubling. Now we know there was a weak period of drafting where we had very few picks and picked later and logically that's going to impact you. Add in some question moves in terms of asset management, development by rushing prospects and you clearly need improvement.

The good news is that 2 1st round picks impressed this year in the AHL. Scherbak took a major step forward in his development, now the question is what do we have in him next year and beyond. Then there's Juulsen who only played 31 games in the AHL but showed an impressive defensive game with questionable offensive upside which also begs the question of what do we have in him going forward. With the Habs likely being a crappy team again they should be in a good spot to grow/progress since there's not a lot to get in their way in terms of competition for roster spots or pressure to win and make the playoffs at the NHL level.

Things should look better for Lefebvre next year most likely, since Hudon, Scherbak, Juulsen, Carr, DLR, McCarron, could all be on the team. We'll need to see how good they will be though, it's a process so it's not like they have to be great next year but at least show some things, improve on weaknesses and hopefully produce at some sort of clip that varies based on their roles but at least is near a decent level.

That said to me the Habs need to re-think this rushing prospects to the NHL, improve their development, even if you think it's not bad you can always look to get better. Will be very interesting to see if they will make any changes or not.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I didn't read the article but on one hand it's been a better year for our AHL club in terms of develop vs past years, but on the other when you look at the whole picture of 6 years and little to show for it , that's very troubling. Now we know there was a weak period of drafting where we had very few picks and picked later and logically that's going to impact you. Add in some question moves in terms of asset management, development by rushing prospects and you clearly need improvement.

The good news is that 2 1st round picks impressed this year in the AHL. Scherbak took a major step forward in his development, now the question is what do we have in him next year and beyond. Then there's Juulsen who only played 31 games in the AHL but showed an impressive defensive game with questionable offensive upside which also begs the question of what do we have in him going forward. With the Habs likely being a crappy team again they should be in a good spot to grow/progress since there's not a lot to get in their way in terms of competition for roster spots or pressure to win and make the playoffs at the NHL level.

Things should look better for Lefebvre next year most likely, since Hudon, Scherbak, Juulsen, Carr, DLR, McCarron, could all be on the team. We'll need to see how good they will be though, it's a process so it's not like they have to be great next year but at least show some things, improve on weaknesses and hopefully produce at some sort of clip that varies based on their roles but at least is near a decent level.

That said to me the Habs need to re-think this rushing prospects to the NHL, improve their development, even if you think it's not bad you can always look to get better. Will be very interesting to see if they will make any changes or not.

So you're finally able to realize that Lefebvre's bad track record is due to putrid drafting before he even got there?

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
So you're finally able to realize that Lefebvre's bad track record is due to putrid drafting before he even got there?
I think there's something to be said that the players are able to come up to the NHL team and have success, but I also think the AHL team's defensive play over the years has been absolutely terrible. Goaltending has kept him in a lot of games, and when that's not there, you would see a lot of 5, 6, 7 goal games against the Rocket/Ice Caps/Bulldogs.

If Lefebvre's teams made the playoffs, or at least played well... His job wouldn't/shouldn't be questioned as much.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I think there's something to be said that the players are able to come up to the NHL team and have success, but I also think the AHL team's defensive play over the years has been absolutely terrible. Goaltending has kept him in a lot of games, and when that's not there, you would see a lot of 5, 6, 7 goal games against the Rocket/Ice Caps/Bulldogs.

If Lefebvre's teams made the playoffs, or at least played well... His job wouldn't/shouldn't be questioned as much.

Again, he's not judged on team success, he's judged on individual player progression.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Lefebvre sucks at his job imo. The reason things will look better for him is due to Timmins and his staff getting guys like Hudon, Scherbak, Juulsen who were all good picks at the time of their drafts. But talking to you is like talking to a wall, but it's so f***ing rich that you have the audacity to suggest someone needs to realize an error of their opinions.

Reactions: Seb

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Lefebvre sucks at his job imo. The reason things will look better for him is due to Timmins and his staff getting guys like Hudon, Scherbak, Juulsen who were all good picks at the time of their drafts. But talking to you is like talking to a wall, but it's so ****ing rich that you have the audacity to suggest someone needs to realize an error of their opinions.

How can't you not see the lack of developed players due to lack of decent prospects is just beyond me.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
also ****ing rich coming from someone who has such strange opinions on coaching and it's impact. You can just **** right off with that condescending tone as well.
So you have nothing? Your main argument is Lefebvre trying Scherbak at center after an injury? Laughable.

Scherbak looks just fine out there so does Hudon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad