2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So you have nothing? Your main argument is Lefebvre trying Scherbak at center after an injury? Laughable.

Scherbak looks just fine out there so does Hudon.

Never said my main argument is Lefebvre trying Scherbak at center. I've made a lot of arguments on why Lefebvre sucks, sorry it offends you so much. Every year I've had a small handful of posters give me shit over bashing Lefebvre or they spin the Claude Julien wheel of excuses. Poor Lefebvre, it's not his fault he sucks, wins don't matter, regression just means the player wasn't good enough, coaches don't have much of an impact, it's Timmins fault.

Scherbak and Hudon were good picks by Timmins, glad we agree.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Again, he's not judged on team success, he's judged on individual player progression.
That seems to be the way, but playing in a winning environment should be part of the development process. It's not far fetched to believe that winning ups confidence, and players with confidence play well and produce.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That seems to be the way, but playing in a winning environment should be part of the development process. It's not far fetched to believe that winning ups confidence, and players with confidence play well and produce.

I don't even mind the losing, if I thought they were doing a better job at developing players. Now some of this falls on management, as I have hated their decisions to call up 20 year olds to the NHL unless they are dominating. Out of DLR, McCarron, Scherbak, Juulsen, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Leblanc, aside from Leblanc who was having a very good rookie year in Hamilton they should have stayed in the AHL until they showed they could dominate in the AHL (for longer then a month, ala McCarron who did have a great start to his AHL career) I mean the logic is just hard to understand. Hudon kills it from day 1 and is one of the top players in the AHL and can't get a sniff but they call up guys like Thomas, DLR, Carr, ect... despite Hudon clearly outplaying them.

So for me it's the decisions. Why did they take most of the season to figure out that your best playmaker should be with your best snipers if you want them to produce. Instead he put him with Audette, so you put the 2 youngest players on the same line, two forwards that are weak defensively. Then later in the season he finally puts Scherbak with Hudon/Terry who were among the top goal scorers in the AHL. What about putting ECHLers with McCarron instead of putting him with Terry and Scherbak to help get his offensive game going. Or when they thought it was a great idea to take Leblanc off the top line and PP and replace him with crappy players. Or benching Mac Bennett for Joe Finley, what the f*** was that about? You had the chance to at least try to develop the kid but instead played a slow, lumbering D that clearly wasn't going anywhere.

Or letting Bourque, McNiven, sit for too long on the bench when they are 20 year olds that need to play. They are 3rd worst in the league so it's not like they are going anywhere so why not play them more?

So I could live with them being dead last if they made better decisions, and I don't care if you have nothing but crap prospects, if you don't make good decisions to put them in better positions to succeed then you get what you pay for so to speak.

Reactions: Runner77 and Seb

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I don't even mind the losing, if I thought they were doing a better job at developing players. Now some of this falls on management, as I have hated their decisions to call up 20 year olds to the NHL unless they are dominating. Out of DLR, McCarron, Scherbak, Juulsen, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Leblanc, aside from Leblanc who was having a very good rookie year in Hamilton they should have stayed in the AHL until they showed they could dominate in the AHL (for longer then a month, ala McCarron who did have a great start to his AHL career) I mean the logic is just hard to understand. Hudon kills it from day 1 and is one of the top players in the AHL and can't get a sniff but they call up guys like Thomas, DLR, Carr, ect... despite Hudon clearly outplaying them.

So for me it's the decisions. Why did they take most of the season to figure out that your best playmaker should be with your best snipers if you want them to produce. Instead he put him with Audette, so you put the 2 youngest players on the same line, two forwards that are weak defensively. Then later in the season he finally puts Scherbak with Hudon/Terry who were among the top goal scorers in the AHL. What about putting ECHLers with McCarron instead of putting him with Terry and Scherbak to help get his offensive game going. Or when they thought it was a great idea to take Leblanc off the top line and PP and replace him with crappy players. Or benching Mac Bennett for Joe Finley, what the **** was that about? You had the chance to at least try to develop the kid but instead played a slow, lumbering D that clearly wasn't going anywhere.

Or letting Bourque, McNiven, sit for too long on the bench when they are 20 year olds that need to play. They are 3rd worst in the league so it's not like they are going anywhere so why not play them more?

So I could live with them being dead last if they made better decisions, and I don't care if you have nothing but crap prospects, if you don't make good decisions to put them in better positions to succeed then you get what you pay for so to speak.
Yeah, I agree with most of that.
Hudon did work out in the end, but he might have been this good 2 years ago and we simply lost 2 years of his ELC/RFA status. It's funny, because I'm the type of person that needs continual let downs for my opinion to switch, (I'm still okay with Bergevin at GM), I just think that Lefebvre has had his time, and it's time to move on to try and improve the situation in the AHL.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Never said my main argument is Lefebvre trying Scherbak at center. I've made a lot of arguments on why Lefebvre sucks, sorry it offends you so much. Every year I've had a small handful of posters give me **** over bashing Lefebvre or they spin the Claude Julien wheel of excuses. Poor Lefebvre, it's not his fault he sucks, wins don't matter, regression just means the player wasn't good enough, coaches don't have much of an impact, it's Timmins fault.

Scherbak and Hudon were good picks by Timmins, glad we agree.

What is your main argument then?

How he talks? How he handle himself in front of a camera?

There's no scientific prof about that.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yeah, I agree with most of that.
Hudon did work out in the end, but he might have been this good 2 years ago and we simply lost 2 years of his ELC/RFA status. It's funny, because I'm the type of person that needs continual let downs for my opinion to switch, (I'm still okay with Bergevin at GM), I just think that Lefebvre has had his time, and it's time to move on to try and improve the situation in the AHL.

well my point isn't so much that Hudon should have been up, it's why wasn't he up at a younger age when he was doing so much then all the other 20 year olds they did call up. I'm just against bringing up 20 year olds, just don't get why the one time they did it right with Hudon, they couldn't do it with the others.

As for Lefebvre, I wanted him fired after his first season and it just gets worse each season he's here because of the crappy decisions he makes.

Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Looks like Audette may be out for the rest of the season with an ankle injury.

Also reports that Addison may finally end up making his pro debut. He was practicing on a line with Beauregard and Korostelev.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Quick question? As any of you been to any Rocket games?
I did and my only impression after each games was how the f*** is Lefebvre a coach at that level.

I have seen pee wee games with more structure than this gong show.

I will only consider purchasing tickets only if Lefebvre is canned.

To me he is the pinnacle of what is wrong with the canadiens organisation at this moment. No structure, no development, no results but more importantly no accountability.
Anybody that defend him should just go watch the game by himself.. its pure torture.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Larry Carriere said that while the results in Laval haven't been there, he still thinks there was positive this year because a bunch of players that came through Laval are with Montreal now. Things is, most of them are in and out of the line-up on any given night.

I think it's time Carriere is relieved of his duties.

How can he say that the Laval team was a positive?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Malgré tout, Carrière dresse un bilan positif

Carriere's opinion on the first Laval season .... ''It's been very positive considering all the players who are up playing with montreal''

What an incredible POS.

His main excuse is the call-ups:

Toutefois, en respectant sa mission première, le Rocket a été dépossédé de ses meilleures ressources par le Canadien qui avait besoin de tout le renfort à sa portée. Résultat, le Rocket a été incapable de maintenir la cadence menant à une fiche de 24-33-8 en 65 parties.

Didn't seem to bother Utica, though. We always have to put up with excuses for Bergevin's lapdogs.

Oh, and there was this gem:

"Oui, je pense que nos entraîneurs ont fait un bon travail."

Thanks, dad. Any other positive comments about your son?

Quant à la rumeur qui laisse croire que Lefebvre pourrait retourner dans la LNH à titre d’adjoint avec le Canadien, Carrière maintient que les hommes de hockey ne discutent pas de leurs objectifs personnels durant la saison.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Si le nom de Carrière a été critiqué quelques fois, les récriminations ont été plus nombreuses envers son entraîneur Sylvain Lefebvre. Carrière considère qu’il accomplit assez bien son boulot pour demeurer en poste.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Le DG, qui se réjouit de pouvoir offrir ce qu’il qualifie de « meilleur aréna du circuit » ...

I hope so, it was only built last year and money was no object. What does that have to do with him, how he manages the team, the team's development and win/loss record, its failure to make the playoffs? "Hey, I'm doing a great job. I work in the best building in the league."

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Quick question? As any of you been to any Rocket games?
I did and my only impression after each games was how the **** is Lefebvre a coach at that level.

I have seen pee wee games with more structure than this gong show.

I will only consider purchasing tickets only if Lefebvre is canned.

To me he is the pinnacle of what is wrong with the canadiens organisation at this moment. No structure, no development, no results but more importantly no accountability.
Anybody that defend him should just go watch the game by himself.. its pure torture.

having watched a ton of Lefebvre coached teams, I think part of his strategy is to have numerous defensive breakdowns to keep the goalies on their toes. It's the only thing I can think of, since they always seem to have so many per game I figure they must practice that somehow.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DZAikDrWkAAlNa8.jpg

First games for Addison, Beauregard, and Korostelev (on the 4th line together). And also Austin's first game, as well.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval up 2-0.

Jeremiah Addison scores his 1st career pro goal in his first career pro game.

Assists go to recent ATO signees Johnny Austin and Anthony Beauregard, who also get their first career pro points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad