2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The great part about the explanation to keep Lefebvre after season's end will be to say that it was impossible to do anything with so many players playing with Laval. After looking it up, ther ewas indeed 40 players this year that played at least 1 game. Thing is...I only looked up the Marlies, the Stars, top teams in the league and each had....34 players that played at least 1 game. But somehow....the 40 players will be a reason why we had to suck.....again.

Dominique Ducharme is there waiting. You do NOT miss on that guy.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yet ever since they've been put together, all 3 have been producing.

- Waked with 5 points in 11 games after going pointless for his previous 27.
- McCarron with 7 points in 9 games.
- Boucher with 8 points in 8 games.

I haven't watched that many games lately but it seems like they are always changing up McCarron's linemates. I know he had Audette at LW for a little. Waked wasn't on his RW but now seems to be but didn't that just start back up after he was there earlier on in the season but really stunk. Boucher at least has the speed and I liked Gregoire on McCarron's line early on.

Plan on watching today's game though.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
The great part about the explanation to keep Lefebvre after season's end will be to say that it was impossible to do anything with so many players playing with Laval. After looking it up, ther ewas indeed 40 players this year that played at least 1 game. Thing is...I only looked up the Marlies, the Stars, top teams in the league and each had....34 players that played at least 1 game. But somehow....the 40 players will be a reason why we had to suck.....again.

Dominique Ducharme is there waiting. You do NOT miss on that guy.

Knowing this dumb management team, Ducharme will probably be offered a contract when he has accepted another teams job!!!!!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
McCarron was doing well on that PK but got caught out there too long and was gassed, not to take anything away from the pass that setup the goal though.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I haven't seen that many games of late, but the last 2 or so plus this one, McCarron looks way better then he did earlier on. He was much more noticeable, seemed to have much more life to his game then in the past where he looked lost and disinterested. He was skating hard, playing solid in his own end, sticking up for teammates.

Such a hard team to watch though, there's almost nothing to watch in terms of future Habs. That blueline, yikes. Poor Fucale/McNiven. When the puck gets in their zone I just close my eyes and wait to hear the goal horn.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I haven't seen that many games of late, but the last 2 or so plus this one, McCarron looks way better then he did earlier on. He was much more noticeable, seemed to have much more life to his game then in the past where he looked lost and disinterested. He was skating hard, playing solid in his own end, sticking up for teammates.

Such a hard team to watch though, there's almost nothing to watch in terms of future Habs. That blueline, yikes. Poor Fucale/McNiven. When the puck gets in their zone I just close my eyes and wait to hear the goal horn.

Yup Big Mac has looked really solid of late. Playing a more complete game which is great because he will need that to become a regular NHL player.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
10th win for Fucale. I guess they were all against weak teams on bad nights...

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
So, let's play the who to re-sign game (AHL edition):

Forwards:
Chris Terry 49-20-36-56 (coming from an NHL 2-way, probably needs NHL 2-way)
Adam Cracknell 56-23-16-39 (coming from an NHL 2-way, probably needs NHL 2-way)
Jordan Boucher 57-9-9-18 (AHL)
Markus Eisenschmid 45-6-8-14 (coming from an NHL 2-way, may go for 2-way AHL)
Niki Petti 54-4-7-11 (AHL)
Yannick Veilleux 40-3-3-6 (AHL)
David Broll 39-3-1-4 (AHL 2-way) PS: AHL goon, might be needed
Luc-Olivier Blain 10-2-2-4 (PTO)
Thomas Ebbing 36-1-2-3 (AHL)
Chris Leveille 6-0-1-1 (PTO)

Defenceman:
Matt Taormina 50-4-38-42 (coming from an NHL 2-way, probably needs NHL 2-way)
Eric Gelinas 56-12-10-22 (AHL)
Tom Parisi 62-4-12-16 (coming from an NHL 2-way, may go for 2-way AHL)
Stefan Leblanc 56-2-8-10 (AHL)
Willie Corrin 7-1-3-4 (PTO)

I'd definitely try to retain Terry and Cracknell on NHL deal. Taormina has a year left.

Boucher, Eisenschmid, Petti, Broll, Gelinas, Parisi and Corrin can be offered AHL deal.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If you have 3 goalies and they all play 30 games, they all give up 90 goals and they all save 89% of the shots they face but one wins 20 games, one wins 15 games and one wins 10 games, what does that tell you?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What I assume happens,

Forwards:
Chris Terry - Gone to Euro leagues

Adam Cracknell - Maybe back if they pay him

Jeremy Gregoire - re-signed 1 year two way

Jordan Boucher - back, maybe NHL but if not AHL contract

Markus Eisenschmid - not sure, know the Habs like him but he can't stay healthy. Good speed/PKer but not much else.

Niki Petti - gone, maybe back on an AHL contract

Yannick Veilleux - gone

David Broll - gone

Luc-Olivier Blain - gone

Thomas Ebbing - gone

Chris Leveille - gone

Defenceman:
Eric Gelinas - gone

Tom Parisi - gone

Stefan Leblanc - gone, maybe AHL contract

Willie Corrin - gone

Goalie:
Zach Fucale - gone

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What I assume happens,

Forwards:
Chris Terry - Gone to Euro leagues

Adam Cracknell - Maybe back if they pay him

Jeremy Gregoire - re-signed 1 year two way

Jordan Boucher - back, maybe NHL but if not AHL contract

Markus Eisenschmid - not sure, know the Habs like him but he can't stay healthy. Good speed/PKer but not much else.

Niki Petti - gone, maybe back on an AHL contract

Yannick Veilleux - gone

David Broll - gone

Luc-Olivier Blain - gone

Thomas Ebbing - gone

Chris Leveille - gone

Defenceman:
Eric Gelinas - gone

Tom Parisi - gone

Stefan Leblanc - gone, maybe AHL contract

Willie Corrin - gone

Goalie:
Zach Fucale - gone

I'm under the impression Fucale will be extended, probably a bridge deal. He's done real well this year and has been yo-yo'ed around the ECHL, AHL, and NHL and has been a total pro about it. I don't know what Habs have planned for Niemi, but right now, the plan to me looks like it will be Price/Lindgren in Montreal and Fucale/McNiven in Laval.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm under the impression Fucale will be extended, probably a bridge deal. He's done real well this year and has been yo-yo'ed around the ECHL, AHL, and NHL and has been a total pro about it. I don't know what Habs have planned for Niemi, but right now, the plan to me looks like it will be Price/Lindgren in Montreal and Fucale/McNiven in Laval.

I would do that, bring Fucale back on a 1 year two way deal but with the way they have handled him, I could see him being gone. Just doesn't make sense why McNiven was the backup and Fucale bounced around unless his recent play has changed their minds. The fact that they didn't even bother to given him some minutes in the NHL, I would tell them to go f*** themselves if I were Fucale. Guess we'll see what happens this summer.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I would do that, bring Fucale back on a 1 year two way deal but with the way they have handled him, I could see him being gone. Just doesn't make sense why McNiven was the backup and Fucale bounced around unless his recent play has changed their minds. The fact that they didn't even bother to given him some minutes in the NHL, I would tell them to go **** themselves if I were Fucale. Guess we'll see what happens this summer.

I think his recent play, and having the best goalie stats in Laval this year may have helped management change their minds on him. And as a result, other teams may think higher of him. Which if Habs do sign him, he can end up in a trade package so Habs at least get something in return. Meanwhile, by extending Fucale, they give their other goalie prospects like Hawkey and Primeau more time to develop.

As for the NHL minutes he could have played when Lindgren was getting lit up, CJ had explained it that he was looking at it more to see how Lindgren would respond and handle the situation. I do agree with that assessment as Lindgren does need to go through that if he's to grow as an NHL goalie.

And unfortunately for Fucale, he's an RFA with no arbitration rights. He's not exactly in the best possible spot to tell the team to go f*** themselves.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think his recent play, and having the best goalie stats in Laval this year may have helped management change their minds on him. And as a result, other teams may think higher of him. Which if Habs do sign him, he can end up in a trade package so Habs at least get something in return. Meanwhile, by extending Fucale, they give their other goalie prospects like Hawkey and Primeau more time to develop.

As for the NHL minutes he could have played when Lindgren was getting lit up, CJ had explained it that he was looking at it more to see how Lindgren would respond and handle the situation. I do agree with that assessment as Lindgren does need to go through that if he's to grow as an NHL goalie.

And unfortunately for Fucale, he's an RFA with no arbitration rights. He's not exactly in the best possible spot to tell the team to go **** themselves.

I highly doubt he has any trade value and his stats this year suck just like all of the Laval goalies so being the best of sucking isn't that much. That said we'll see what happens to him.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Fergy22

Nov 9, 2003
Ft Wayne
Really eager to see what Gabriel Desjardins does.
I as well. I see him here in Fort Wayne all the time. The past month or two he has been on fire. Hope he does well but not so much that we can't have him back for the playoffs.

One thing he will never do is give up.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
So, let's play the who to re-sign game (AHL edition):

Forwards:
Chris Terry 49-20-36-56 (coming from an NHL 2-way, probably needs NHL 2-way)
Adam Cracknell 56-23-16-39 (coming from an NHL 2-way, probably needs NHL 2-way)
Jordan Boucher 57-9-9-18 (AHL)
Markus Eisenschmid 45-6-8-14 (coming from an NHL 2-way, may go for 2-way AHL)
Niki Petti 54-4-7-11 (AHL)
Yannick Veilleux 40-3-3-6 (AHL)
David Broll 39-3-1-4 (AHL 2-way) PS: AHL goon, might be needed
Luc-Olivier Blain 10-2-2-4 (PTO)
Thomas Ebbing 36-1-2-3 (AHL)
Chris Leveille 6-0-1-1 (PTO)

Defenceman:
Matt Taormina 50-4-38-42 (coming from an NHL 2-way, probably needs NHL 2-way)
Eric Gelinas 56-12-10-22 (AHL)
Tom Parisi 62-4-12-16 (coming from an NHL 2-way, may go for 2-way AHL)
Stefan Leblanc 56-2-8-10 (AHL)
Willie Corrin 7-1-3-4 (PTO)

I'd definitely try to retain Terry and Cracknell on NHL deal. Taormina has a year left.

Boucher, Eisenschmid, Petti, Broll, Gelinas, Parisi and Corrin can be offered AHL deal.

Bitten and Pezzetta have already been signed and both will likely be in the AHL as opposed to the ECHL next year. So that's two roster spots that will be occupied for sure. I'm pretty sure the Habs will come to terms with Evans as well. Fleury could be signed and turn pro as well. Habs are also looking at some undrafted free agents. Schuldt has been mentioned as well as Verroneau. If they get signed along with Evans and Fleury, you're talking about 6 roster spots being used up. Also have to consider who the Canadiens will sign or lose with the big club. For example will Froese be with the big club next year or back in the AHL? Will the Habs take the chance in trying demote some of the guys that need to clear waivers and will they all clear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad