2017-18 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Colorado Eagles (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They have the whole business operations side to continue running. Plus the hint in the ECHL release that Colorado is looking to "relocate their membership" elsewhere in the ECHL then they might need that whole staff. I could see Stewart help out on the AHL contract side and when they need to sign PTOs from the ECHL.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Cris Tiller of the Reporter -Herald posted on facebook that he had asked Billington about the coaching staff and he responded that they would be retained in some capacity, but wouldn't go into detail. Not sure if that includes Stewart.

Also mentioned in this article that coaching staff would be retained:

http://coloradoeagles.com/tickets/eagles-ahl-move/

The link you posted could likely be referring to immediate changes for this season, we don't really know yet who will be the coach for the AHL Eagles.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Will there still be local Eagles players?
Yes, the majority of Eagles players will spend the bulk of the season in Northern Colorado as they compete for the Colorado Eagles at the AHL level.
Does the coaching staff change?
The current Colorado Eagles coaching staff will be retained on the coaching staff.
What will happen to the current Eagles players on the ECHL team?
As it happens each season, players will have to earn their spot on the roster.

This whole section was pretty slanted verging on inaccurate IMO. The current Rampage essentially replace the Eagles. It's unfortunate for what they built from the hockey side of things.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, there's no way the coaching staff isn't going to get replaced, or at least demoted to ceremonial positions. I know they love their players too, but the fans will probably enjoy the higher level of hockey played and will forget about that pretty quickly.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
That sucks.

Depends on your point of view. Transitioning from pro to junior isn't easy and essentially, this is giving him a chance to do it ever so gradually. If he's flat out dominating the ECHL, he won't be there all year but my guess is that he's going to get some significant minutes right off the bat. It's not necessarily a bad thing.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
Depends on your point of view. Transitioning from pro to junior isn't easy and essentially, this is giving him a chance to do it ever so gradually. If he's flat out dominating the ECHL, he won't be there all year but my guess is that he's going to get some significant minutes right off the bat. It's not necessarily a bad thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets his 5 games in to qualify for the ECHL playoffs and goes back up, maybe gets swapped with St. Amant or Nantel if they're healthy.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I know I'm late to the party but it's awesome the Iggles will be the new AHL team, I have a bunch of friends around Windsor/Greeley/Fort Collins and I'll definitely check out a bunch of their games

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
Not sure where to put this and don't see an existing thread. The Colorado Avalanche just tweeted that Mironov has been reassigned to the San Antonio Rampage.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That's awesome that Greer is back, and also very good to see Mironov actually willing to spend some time in the AHL. I still think he can be a quality bottom pairing Dman for us but it was clear through pre-season and his one NHL game that he needs time in the minors to adjust to the faster game on smaller ice, and also to learn the English language a bit more so he understands what's being said in game that can further help him with his quick decisions.

Should be a lot of quality Avs players to watch in San Antonio tonight. It's a shame we have to share some of our roster spots with St. Louis players this year. The first(IMO) legit year where we'd have a quality team full of prospects to watch every night and half of them are stuck in either limited minutes(Like Meloche, Geertsen, Nantel), or dont even get the opportunity to play with the team(Beaudin).

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
At tonight's Eagles game they will be presenting championship rings to the players and staff who can attend. I was one of several fans who were chosen to present a player their ring on ice before the game. It's things like this that make me excited that the Eagles will still run the non-hockey ops next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad