2017-18 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Colorado Eagles (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Americans :dunno:

Yeah we're violent f***ers who only like sports that have a high rate of concussions. I respect the sports, and had a blast playing them. I just can't get into it on TV. Also with baseball, unless you get really good seats, you need f***ing binoculars to see what's going on lol. I haven't been to a pro soccer game in person to judge.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah we're violent ****ers who only like sports that have a high rate of concussions. I respect the sports, and had a blast playing them. I just can't get into it on TV. Also with baseball, unless you get really good seats, you need ****ing binoculars to see what's going on lol. I haven't been to a pro soccer game in person to judge.

That could be it, I love watching it on tv, but there's nothing like seeing it in person at the Alte Forsterei...well, maybe with one exception:

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That could be it, I love watching it on tv, but there's nothing like seeing it in person at the Alte Forsterei...well, maybe with one exception:

Not exactly the same thing, but that reminds me of being in Tampa. They setup watch parties on the beach hosted by a hotel on the regular, and that was a blast. A 75 degree night on the beach watching hockey, and frequenting the hotel bar was f***ing awesome.

Reactions: cgf

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
All sports are tactical... so I don't really get that argument. Hockey, baseball, soccer, football... they all have a tactical side to them. Now on the boredom level... Baseball is really more about the experience at the park than the game itself for most people. Baseball games are fun because you get to eat unhealthy food and drink beer outdoors in a nice stadium. And outdoors is key there, any place that has a dome (or a convertible that is mostly closed) typically has horrible attendance... because baseball is pretty damn boring outside of the experience.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'd say that sports that have more tactic involved than baseball are few and far between. And the impact a coach can have there is absurdly high.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'd say that sports that have more tactic involved than baseball are few and far between. And the impact a coach can have there is absurdly high.

I'd agree with that . My statement was just an overall sort of thing. All have their tactics within. Baseball has gotten so crazy with it that the tactics have gotten so impactful that MLB will likely have to legislate against some (like the infield shifts).

Reactions: Ivan13

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'd agree with that . My statement was just an overall sort of thing. All have their tactics within. Baseball has gotten so crazy with it that the tactics have gotten so impactful that MLB will likely have to legislate against some (like the infield shifts).
Yeah, I get that, I was just expanding on your point.

Reactions: henchman21

AdamCalderHero

Jul 20, 2010
Coventry, England
The way baseball work also lends itself to certain high pressure moments. Towards the end of the game, specific moments become super important and hence fun to watch. It also leads to a lot of memorable, even legendary moments. The problem is you have to sit through a 4 hour game for moments which may or may not come. For me its fine, I watch cricket which lasts for 5 days and often ends in a draw so I don't mind the pace of baseball, but I also get why its not for everyone.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I have no idea what this has to do with the Avs minor league affiliates ;) but here's my take on this whole soccer (football)/baseball/sports discussion. Any sport is interesting to watch if you understand it well enough and it's being played well. Any sport can also be boring as all hell if you don't understand what's going on and/or it's being played poorly. So when I hear someone say baseball or football are boring, what I assume they really mean is "I don't understand the nuances of the game well enough to appreciate what's happening fully, so I get bored when I watch it."

Now, I can get not being in the *mood* for the pace of a particular sport - some are objectively more slow-paced that others, but no sport is objectively boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad