2017-18 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Colorado Eagles (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Reactions: Avsrule2022

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
They have some good ones. Husso and Schmatlz have already been sent to SA. Megan, Barbashev, Sundqvist, Kostin, Thompson, Sanford and Blais are forwards who would probably push one of our guys out of the lineup. Dunn, Walman and Lindbohm (might have been sent to chicago already) would be good Dmen.

If the two groups can find good chemistry together SA has the chance to have a lot of talent on it.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
I have a weird feeling that the Eagles announcement on Monday will have some surprises. I don't think it will be as simple as the Avs bought the expansion AHL franchise, buy out the Eagles ECHL org, and take over top to bottom. I feel like Martin Lind will be involved somehow, and/or some sort of split up of hockey ops and front office. No hard evidence, just a feeling I have. Probably just wishful thinking.....

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
They have some good ones. Husso and Schmatlz have already been sent to SA. Megan, Barbashev, Sundqvist, Kostin, Thompson, Sanford and Blais are forwards who would probably push one of our guys out of the lineup. Dunn, Walman and Lindbohm (might have been sent to chicago already) would be good Dmen.

If the two groups can find good chemistry together SA has the chance to have a lot of talent on it.
It's looking like Megan, Barbashev, Sundqvist, and Blais will be on the Blues to start the season. Kostin and Thompson will likely be sent down this week and my guess would be SA instead of Chicago. The Blues haven't been thrilled with how the Wolves handle their prospects, so I'm guessing they'd prefer to have their better prospects with the Rampage. Sanford had surgery on a dislocated shoulder and is out for the next 5-6 months. Dunn is looking like he'll make the Blues, and Lindbohm was already sent to Chicago. Walman will likely be sent to SA, he did not look good at all in the preseason.

I love Musil's game so I'm happy he was sent to SA
I'm surprised at how well Musil's game seems to be transferring over to the AHL. Looked good with the Wolves in their short playoff run last season and looks like he's off to a solid start with SA so far in the preseason.

Hope you guys don't mind if I pop in every now and then to check up on the Rampage and how the Blues prospects are doing.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Blues just announced their 23-man roster and my predictions were of course incorrect. Blais sent down and Thompson remains on the Blues. Kostin is apparently injured (out 7-10 days) but I'm guessing he'll be sent to SA when he's healthy. Walman was sent to SA as well.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Between Walman, Warsofsky & Meloche, the Rampage D should be a lot better at moving the puck than they were last year. Nevermind if Bigras...the only dman on the rampage who could move the puck at all last season...is down there as well.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Apparently the Blues got Walman's destination incorrect, it's now been revised to Chicago. So looks like he isn't heading to SA.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Apparently the Blues got Walman's destination incorrect, it's now been revised to Chicago. So looks like he isn't heading to SA.

That sucks. Warsofsky & Meloche will help the blue line immensely even if Bigras sticks with the NHL squad, but I had lowkey been getting my hopes up about Walman playing for the Rampage this season.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Any confirmation on where Chris Butler is at? Eliteprospects has him listed with the rampage.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Any confirmation on where Chris Butler is at? Eliteprospects has him listed with the rampage.
I believe he was assigned to the Rampage along with Schmaltz and Vannelli. I think Vannelli will end up in the ECHL as he's pretty terrible.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
So is the plan to make the Eagles the 31st AHL team and then the Blues will takeover the Rampage as the AHL affiliate solely?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The Rampage assigned some fringe Blues prospects to the echl so we are left with if I'm correct

D: Schmaltz, Butler
F: Musil, Blais
G: Husso

From what I understand all 5 are decent to very good range. Butler is a vet, Schmaltz is a good prospect who will get called up most likely. Musil is a first year pro, good prospect, Blais is a second year pro good prospect. Blais is probably in line for an early callup, seems he was kinda expected to make the team. Husso is their top goalie prospect and would be the one to call if the Blues actually needed someone to play.

That's about what I understand, if I'm wildly inaccurate there let me know.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
No problem, you are welcome. It's an odd situation but we are definitely in this together. When the team gets sorted and roles are more defined for these guys then I'll surely want to know more about them.

Certainly odd, Vixxx. Maybe we can come together as a common fan base to cheer on our mutual affiliate.

Blais barely missed out and is hardly "fringe". He will be called up soon enough.

Husso is a world-class goalie in the making.

Looking forward to an unusual alliance.

Go Rampage!

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
The Rampage assigned some fringe Blues prospects to the echl so we are left with if I'm correct

D: Schmaltz, Butler
F: Musil, Blais
G: Husso

From what I understand all 5 are decent to very good range. Butler is a vet, Schmaltz is a good prospect who will get called up most likely. Musil is a first year pro, good prospect, Blais is a second year pro good prospect. Blais is probably in line for an early callup, seems he was kinda expected to make the team. Husso is their top goalie prospect and would be the one to call if the Blues actually needed someone to play.

That's about what I understand, if I'm wildly inaccurate there let me know.
Looks accurate. I could also see Kostin being sent to the Rampage once he's fully healthy, and there is also the possibility of Tage Thompson being sent down once the Blues start to get some healthy bodies back in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad