2017-18 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Colorado Eagles (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I really do not feel like Beaudin will benefit much from the ECHL. Not all playing time is created equal, there's not a lot of structure down there and I don't think playing that kind of hockey will be something he learns a lot from. Soon enough, injuries will force him into the AHL lineup, and then he can sink or swim on his own merits.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I really do not feel like Beaudin will benefit much from the ECHL. Not all playing time is created equal, there's not a lot of structure down there and I don't think playing that kind of hockey will be something he learns a lot from. Soon enough, injuries will force him into the AHL lineup, and then he can sink or swim on his own merits.

He will benefit more from playing in the ECHL than not playing in the AHL.

When said injury happens he can be flown out here and playing/practicing right away.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Will be nice having the AHL team so close.

Wish I stilled lived in Thornton. Would have been a fairly quick drive up I25.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nice. About time they announced it.

I'm guessing a lot of Eagles fans are also Avs fans so at least they probably know what they're getting into. Monsters and Rampage fans had to find out the hard way. :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
"The Avalanche will have control over the roster, coaching staff and decisions on the ice, while the Eagles remain autonomous on the business side of running the organization."

Cool, kinda figured this would be how they did it. Seems like the best solution for the Eagles fans and the avs developmental needs.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
This is so great. Its a huge plus especially for the state of this franchise now to have their farm team within arms reach instead of in some other state. We need all the little benefits we can get right now.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Good on the Eagles. I went to my first Eagles game, in the POs, last season. What a great team, organization and fan base. And yes, some of them were Avs fans. But I really like the idea of seeing the prospects and draftees play closer to home, especially since the Budweiser Center is the next town over from mine. Less far to go there than to the Can!

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
Eagles with 8 forwards listed on their roster, with rosters due today and opening game on Friday. Hopefully SA has someone to send us before Friday.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Eagles with 8 forwards listed on their roster, with rosters due today and opening game on Friday. Hopefully SA has someone to send us before Friday.

Beaudin was re-assigned to the Eagles (apparently)...I'm sure this thread will have plenty of people with pitchforks out for that move.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO

Check that.....Mychan suspended first 2 games for a slash in preseason. Eagles at 7 forwards.....

Surprised they would send Beaudin and not Belzile.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Check that.....Mychan suspended first 2 games for a slash in preseason. Eagles at 7 forwards.....

Surprised they would send Beaudin and not Belzile.

Unless I'm mistaken (and all I did was a quick look at the stats from the official AHL website), Beaudin may not have even drawn in on the Rampage opening game. Might be better to at least get him some playing time until the Colborne situation is resolved.

But in all honesty, this is probably going to be a funky year w/ the split arrangement.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm happier it was done earlier rather than later, but just another issue with this split team.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Yea I'm fine about Beaudin being sent down; kid has to play. Plus it doesn't hurt Belzile to sit around and be an extra forward. He doesn't need to be a developmental priority. Those goalies and defense are looking really nice for the Eagles. Forwards have some real talent too. Repeat?

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
Yea I'm fine about Beaudin being sent down; kid has to play. Plus it doesn't hurt Belzile to sit around and be an extra forward. He doesn't need to be a developmental priority. Those goalies and defense are looking really nice for the Eagles. Forwards have some real talent too. Repeat?

I think they have a good chance to repeat. I know they will throw everything they have into it for momentum (for the fans) for the move to the A next year.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
I don't know...can't help but feel like the Eagles are actually getting a downgrade at GM going from Chris Stewart to Craig Billington :laugh:

Totally agree. Stewart was a great coach and GM at the Central Hockey League level, but his coaching style didn't totally work in the E. His GM skills did though. Guy has a major pipeline in Alberta and WHL territory. (Those guys fit well at AA hockey in the West). He's a smart, old school guy with charisma and connections. He could at least be assistant GM at the AHL level, if there is such a thing.

Billington scares me to death.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
As of right now, I'm finding it a little hard to believe that Lind wouldn't have ensured a nice spot for Stewart somewhere in the organization once they make the move to the AHL. No, it's not likely to be the Eagles GM, but Stewart was still at the press conference, so I'd feel reasonably confident that he'll have a spot somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->