2017-18 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Colorado Eagles (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Storm back at D, interesting. Thanks a ton for the tidbits.

As far as the Rampage, they have 8,000 forwards now so can't speculate on the lineup but Siemens and Meloche were together in practice.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
http://admin.leaguestat.com/download.php?file_path=new-pdf/15908-43.pdf&client_code=echl

Maclise signed an AHL PTO with Manitoba, so the Mychan signing really helps the Eagles forwards, who were looking a little thin. Looks like they have put Ben Storm at defense. Will be probably 3 d-men scratched tonight.

As far as the Rampage, they have 8,000 forwards now so can't speculate on the lineup but Siemens and Meloche were together in practice.

They should send Natel and Belzile down and give them a stacked group of forwards.

Joly - Garbowsky - Belzile
Mychan - Nantel - St. Amant
Bowman - Harrison -

I'm not expert on the ECHL, but that seems like a really talented team to me.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
They should send Natel and Belzile down and give them a stacked group of forwards.

Joly - Garbowsky - Belzile
Mychan - Nantel - St. Amant
Bowman - Harrison -

I'm not expert on the ECHL, but that seems like a really talented team to me.

That would definitley be a loaded ECHL team.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

I like that pairing. Siemens is a vet at that level now, I feel like Meloche will be able to lean on him a little bit as he gets used to the increased competition.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I find it slightly ironic that Siemens was picked with a pick acquired from the Blues, and is now playing with some Blues prospects (generally speaking).

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's good for the fans in San Antonio that the team is rather stacked and I can't blame the coach for trying to win, but it's not particularly good from a developmental standpoint that Beaudin and Nantel are scratches. Better to send them to ECHL.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
It's good for the fans in San Antonio that the team is rather stacked and I can't blame the coach for trying to win, but it's not particularly good from a developmental standpoint that Beaudin and Nantel are scratches. Better to send them to ECHL.

After cutting a forward today, the Eagles have 9 forwards on their roster. Hopefully SA will send a few down before opening night on Friday.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The second any real prospect goes to the ECHL their career is declared over and they are called an ECHLer

Playing the good Blues prospects they were sent I get but too many plugs otherwise. And Colborne. Gotta play him of course.

Just 6 Avs draft picks are on the roster, 2 were scratched. There's 5 Blues draft picks on the roster, 4 played and one was the back up goalie who dressed. The rest were non prospect veterans and plugs basically (save for Toninato).

Last edited:

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
The second any real prospect goes to the ECHL their career is declared over and they are called an ECHLer

Playing the good Blues prospects they were sent I get but too many plugs otherwise. And Colborne. Gotta play him of course.

See, that to me is perception. Who cares what people call someone? Gotta do what's best for development and stop worrying about what others think. Seems that's one of Sakic problems, atleast regarding Duchene. Everyone will forget said player was ever there anyways, if they turn out to be good.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
See, that to me is perception. Who cares what people call someone? Gotta do what's best for development and stop worrying about what others think. Seems that's one of Sakic problems, atleast regarding Duchene. Everyone will forget said player was ever there anyways, if they turn out to be good.
No, that's pretty much reality. But no, someone should not go down a level just because the org has nowhere for them to play because they are accommodating too many players from another org and need to satisfy the vet fixation. Playing in a place where there's no system or structure is not what's best for development. I'm sure there will be injuries in SA or within the orgs soon enough, that's not really the point.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
No, that's pretty much reality. But no, someone should not go down a level just because the org has nowhere for them to play because they are accommodating too many players from another org and need to satisfy the vet fixation. Playing in a place where there's no system or structure is not what's best for development. I'm sure there will be injuries in SA or within the orgs soon enough, that's not really the point.

That's not reality at all. Hundreds of NHLers have started in the ECHL.

I can't think of a better reason to send a kid down than "the org has nowhere for them to play". Kids need to play. Playing at any level is better than sitting on a bench.

It's 2017. If an injury happens we can have 30 different players here over night.

Colorado has no system or structure? I don't believe that for a second. You don't become champs by just tossing people out on the ice and playing pond hockey.

Reactions: Metallo

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I have no issue with some of the prospects not making the Rampage. Much rather have a competitive team at the AHL and ECHL level instead of a weak Rampage team filled with kids.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I think it'd be much preferable to get playing time in the ECHL then eating nachos in the A for guys like Nantel and Beaudin. Having some prosepcts play close to Denver wouldn't be a bad thing either, and it would get them used to their surrundings for next year whn the Eagles are in the A. This affiliate sharing business sucks, but at least it's only one year and then we'll (hopefully) be in an ideal situation.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Beaudin is a legit prospect and needs to carve out an AHL role. Even if just a 3rd line one. I have said for a while he has a transition time. Give it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->