Line Combos: 2017-18 Roster Thread II - Massive changes not coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I’ve already cleared two million in cap by releasing Chimera because he’s UFA. Ritchie goes to the Gulls and Silf is traded makes room for 5 million +. 6 by 6 can work with the cap area we have. No reason for ducks to be cheap on this type of upgrade. If we have to cut even more cost I have no issue not resigning Grant and letting Steel create his pro career there while moving him up in the roster during the season.

Sorry but this is a complete mess of a post.

Sending Ritchie down is a ridiculous suggestion to begin with, but even moreso when you consider he'd be lost on waivers.

Whatever space you think you see from impending UFA's is already allotted to the Fowler and Manson raises kicking in. If somehow there is $6M remaining to work with this year, we need a veteran Dman and a 4C before we can go shopping for luxuries like a one dimensional winger.

Furthermore, it's short sighted to only consider next year. You sign a guy like JVR and push right up against the cap, what happens if it doesn't rise next year, how do you afford a big raises for Gibson and Henrique next summer? Both much more vital players than JVR.

You're not looking at the big picture, at all.

Silf with one year left at 3.75 >>> long term contract for JVR, who will get you 20 more points and be much worse in every other regard.

Reactions: Spazkat

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Perhaps, but you want depth on a road trip, so I get it. Hopefully he gets another chance to play.

Would they need 8 D though? I'd feel a lot better about Josh if we sent Holzer back down. Hopefully it's just precautionary, but I really hope we see Welinski over Holzer. I still think he's the better option than Pettersson but hard to complain since Pettersson has played much better lately.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
This is bad, but makes me glad Bieska is out.

I don't think they'd waste a call up if Manson was only gonna miss a game or 2

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
And we are down to two legitimate top 4 guys left. This is where it would have been nice to have kept some of our defensive depth we used to have so much of...

Reactions: Duck Off

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Manson is going on the trip at least, so it isn't too awful.

Also, I'll be surprised if Welinski doesn't sit for holzer.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
And we are down to two legitimate top 4 guys left. This is where it would have been nice to have kept some of our defensive depth we used to have so much of...

Baptism by fire for some of the kids. This is where our D depth is tested...

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Would they need 8 D though? I'd feel a lot better about Josh if we sent Holzer back down. Hopefully it's just precautionary, but I really hope we see Welinski over Holzer. I still think he's the better option than Pettersson but hard to complain since Pettersson has played much better lately.

Well if Manson can't go tomorrow then it's only 7, but he is on the trip, So that's a very encouraging sign.

Reactions: Duck Off
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad