Line Combos: 2017-18 Roster Thread II - Massive changes not coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Btw, what do you expect from the extensions from Montour, Kase and Ritchie?

Ritchie won’t get much at all, maybe between 1 and 1.5 on a short term deal. Kase between 1.5 and 3.5 depending on term. Same with Montour, the term will dictate his AAV. If he gets a bridge I would expect slightly higher in terms of cap % than Vatanens bridge a few years back.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Ritchie gets more than 1.5M, maybe 1.8-2.0 for 2-3y deal. If he asks for more, trade him to some sucker GM who can't see past his size and toughness.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Ritchie gets more than 1.5M, maybe 1.8-2.0 for 2-3y deal. If he asks for more, trade him to some sucker GM who can't see past his size and toughness.

Can't see it, hasn't produced enough to have the leverage for that. $1.5M is plenty for first time RFA who has yet to graduate out of a bottom six role.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
It's really going to be depressing if we enter next season with essentially the same team and Carlyle is still coach. Looks like Kesler is still injured too. Can't believe Murray is okay with that. I knew having much roster turnover would be difficult because of some of the contracts, but it seemed obvious that we needed a coaching change.

And yes, I'm aware the offseason just started and we could see more turnover. Just doesn't seem likely.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Can't see it, hasn't produced enough to have the leverage for that. $1.5M is plenty for first time RFA who has yet to graduate out of a bottom six role.
There a couple prospects recently who signed deals for 1.5 and as much as we like to bag on Ritchie he has produced more than those players. Hell get around 1.8 imo. Kase I imagine comes in around 2.5 on a bridge and Montour about 2.9 on a bridge.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
It's gonna take a season with Ducks out of play-offs at TDL to get Kesler, Perry etc to waive their NMC's.

Sad but true.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
There a couple prospects recently who signed deals for 1.5 and as much as we like to bag on Ritchie he has produced more than those players. Hell get around 1.8 imo. Kase I imagine comes in around 2.5 on a bridge and Montour about 2.9 on a bridge.

Our management group does a great job keeping those second contracts cheap. The most likely deal for Ritchie is a one year "show me" deal because he just hasn't earned more.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Our management group does a great job keeping those second contracts cheap. The most likely deal for Ritchie is a one year "show me" deal because he just hasn't earned more.
2 25+ pt seasons. Bob has done well with the bridges but lets be real. Palmieri got 1.46 after a 21 pts on 41 games. That was 6 years ago. Inflation alone will get Ritchie more. I'll be very surprised if he gets less unless he takes a 1 year prove it deal like Silf did.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
2 25+ pt seasons. Bob has done well with the bridges but lets be real. Palmieri got 1.46 after a 21 pts on 41 games. That was 6 years ago. Inflation alone will get Ritchie more. I'll be very surprised if he gets less unless he takes a 1 year prove it deal like Silf did.

I don't see Ritchie having much, if anymore leverage than Silf when he took the one year bridge for 850k. Expecting a one year deal for just over $1M.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
It's really going to be depressing if we enter next season with essentially the same team and Carlyle is still coach. Looks like Kesler is still injured too. Can't believe Murray is okay with that. I knew having much roster turnover would be difficult because of some of the contracts, but it seemed obvious that we needed a coaching change.

And yes, I'm aware the offseason just started and we could see more turnover. Just doesn't seem likely.
This team would be depressing regardless because of RC as coach. Unless they found a couple of future HoF defencemen of course :laugh:

I'm just waiting for the (hopeful) reset in 2019.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
This team would be depressing regardless because of RC as coach. Unless they found a couple of future HoF defencemen of course :laugh:

I'm just waiting for the (hopeful) reset in 2019.

I didn't have a lot of hope that Murray would fire RC. However, I thought he'd know better than to bring back basically same team and same coaching staff. I'd give him a little more benefit of the doubt if Kesler was coming back much more healthy, but clearly they know he's not.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
From reading Stephens’ tweets, sounds like they’re making him the scapegoat for the abysmal PP

Well, that was his primary responsibility.

Just all around weird news, between the timing and saying he won't necessarily be replaced. Like sure, theres still three, but I guess one of Preston or Morrison is just gonna assume those duties? Kind of odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad