Denmark: 2014 World Championship Thread

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
We'll probably hear something on the black aces very soon. I expect monday morning, tuesday at the latest.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
So nervous. Would be so happy if we had a stacked WC team this year. Don't know why we assumed Hansen would not go. somebody heard a rumor about his family I think.

But with Hansen saying yes, we could really be having something good. Nielsen seems a certain yes based on that tweet..And Nielsen has been one of our most frequent national team player from NA in earlier years due to the Islanders being the Islanders, so Im pretty relaxed when it comes to him. Seems to be injury free.

Lauridsen brothers seems to be biggest issue due to injuries. They might be afraid that he could make his injury worse since he is just getting eased back now.
Jensen seems logical because he could use another impressive WC on his CV.
Wonder about Boedker....Really, really want him to go. He could be so a stud with Nielsen and I just love his skating style and his speed.
If we don't get any "more", but everybody gets the okay and says yes then we are looking and a really strong team without Regin, Andersen and Eller. Anaheim isn't going out, im confident of that and im pretty sure edmonton won't fall apart...

Don't know how Janne Karlsson will do the lines because we could potentially have a NHL forward line or spread them around more like some of our earlier coaches often have done. Bjorkstrand looks in form, so will probably be a good candidate to take a place in the first line as one of the wings if thats the case. But since he played well with Jensen then maybe they should stay together.

Since im usually so pessimistic, I will go the opposite way and make my "if all goes well" prediction because If we get all go and ollie also goes then I think we can equal 2010. I would say that we could have a team that is just as good as 2010, although Galbraith would have to play a great tournament.

Regin was really in a great mood that year and everything really clicked. But on paper we are stronger.
There were some veteran players who played a great tournament like Jesper Damgaard and Kasper Degn(Ohhh that pass vs. slovakia. So sweet) but Boedker comes off a good season, Frans Nielsen comes out of his, without a doubt, best season....Jensen is also in form and we have a lot of players coming off good seasons in europe too.

All of this could ofcourse be shattered in the coming days but lets hope.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Continuing hoping.....
Chicago being down 0-2 to St Louis increases our chances of getting Peter Regin.
He has also been scratched for the first two game, so he is at least not risking injury.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
A poster posted about a rumour here, I don't know where he got it from though. But that's where it's from.

In my opinion G is not much different this year. Galbraith had one of his best seasons ever in Allsvenskan. The only year we've had a significantly better G in recent years was when Andersen was in Frölunda, before that it was probably Hirsch in his SHL years. .

Ah, always love remembering Hirsch. Inconsistent but boy was he good when he was in the zone. That canada match is probably still the best goalie performance I ever seen. Helped by a hopelessly overmatched set of defenders who just threw themselves in front of everything. Im getting nostalgic,

Dont sweat it:)

Oh we are definitely better than those teams, but that does not make
me more confident.

We always struggle with these heart and soul teams.

And our D and a shaky G could make those games harder if our offence goes into hiatus as they did
the year Italy had one on us.

And I dont agree we are on level with Norway, i would say they have shown to be a better team
than ours.

This does not make me a pessimist, it may equate to me being more nervous during games though :)

I have the same goal as every year. Avoid relegation and beat Norway.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Ah, always love remembering Hirsch. Inconsistent but boy was he good when he was in the zone. That canada match is probably still the best goalie performance I ever seen. Helped by a hopelessly overmatched set of defenders who just threw themselves in front of everything. Im getting nostalgic,

Agree. Hirsch was like night and day. Even in this Canada match he sadly let pass a softy from Bouwmeester to 2-2, but yeah he was in the form of his life.

This year in Rungsted he also had some days in the zone. If I was coach I would probably have taken him as a wild card 3'rd goalie for the WC after Galbraith and Dahm (that also had some great matches this season)

Simon Nielsen hasn't played many matches this season and when he played he has been awful; whereas last year I had him as second goalie after Andersen and before Galbraith.

If Galbraith gets hammered in a match you could put Hirsch in the net.......either it continues to go wrong or Hirsch takes everything.......

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Can Hansen play Center?

Even though a line with Boedker-Nielsen-Hansen sounds really nice. I would much rather have more depth down the middle and not a complete stacked first line. We tried that before...

I don't think so. I don't think he's ever played center in NA, maybe in Denmark when he was young. I'd reckon our European based centers are better than Hansen would be at C.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
In Plagens's postgame interview with the coach, Chynoweth stated that six or seven guys were going to stay in Cleveland (the "Black Aces" they are apparently calling themselves) and continue practicing in case the Avs might need some reinforcements. I found that unusual... maybe no one gets called up unless there is a need? I would think that management would want them to be on hand and with the big club.

This is a weird quote from the Lake Erie thread. If this is true we might not know whether Markus Lauridsen is a black aces or not for some time. BUT the good news is the number of players seems to indicate that it's not all hands on deck and if we assume Markus Lauridsens is at the bottom of the pile he'll be available even if Colorado are still in the playoffs. So yay :)

EDIT: nvm Nicklas Jensen is officially confirmed

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
EDIT: nvm Nicklas Jensen is officially confirmed

Great news. :yo:
So now we have a pretty stacked RW group: Bødker - Hansen - N. Jensen - P. Bjørkstrand, so pretty sure Bødker will be moved to LW.

So should we go with Bødker - Nielsen - Hansen or Bødker - Nielsen - N. Jensen ??
I actually go for the second choice and have Jannik Hansen to give punch to a second line.

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
and I agree that Daniel Nielsen was terrible last year.. maybe he was just out of form, but I would take any of the lauridsens before him, and esecially oliver

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Well that's not gonna happen. Frans Nielsen is confirmed out with a wrist injury. Big. ****ing. Bummer!

Damn that is really bad luck. :cry:
So if Nielsen, Eller and perhaps Regin doesn't come then we have to go with Morten Green - Jesper Jensen - Julian Jakobsen and likely Morten Madsen as the 4 centers in whatever order we play them.
Maybe the order will be Morten Green - Morten Madsen - Jesper Jensen - Julian Jakobsen

With Nichlas Hardt gone and if Morten Madsen moves to center will deplete our LW.

So LW: Mikkel Bødker - Mads Christensen - Frederik Storm - (Morten Poulsen/Kim Staal).
and RW: Nicklas Jensen - Jannik Hansen - Patrick Bjørkstrand - (Morten Poulsen/Kim Staal).

I think this line that has already been tested: Storm - Jensen - P. Bjørkstrand looks likely as the third line.
Since last year we had (if I remember correctly for a few matches) Morten Poulsen - Morten Madsen - Kim Staal; that could happen again, but Julian Jakobsen could also take the 4'th center.

Last edited:

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
I think Regin will be there, and we can hope for tampa bay to make a big comeback, so we can get Eller as well.

if larsen and the lauridsen brothers comes, then it will still be the best team we ever iced.

any news about norways team? looks like they will be without thoresen, zuccarello..

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Had to rewrite this a couple of times to remove the bad words I really wanted to write. dammit, dammit dammit!
We jinxed it:p

I just really want confirmation on Boedker now...God, I really hope the D boys come. But nice to have the two vancouver boys. Jensen is on form and Hansen has the ability to do some beautiful stuff despite his tough playing style and reputation for being dirty(kinda deservedly...at least in the NHL). He scored an amazing goal against the czechs at one point. Really world class stuff.

And he really bring some physicality to his line.

I think Regin will be there, and we can hope for tampa bay to make a big comeback, so we can get Eller as well.

if larsen and the lauridsen brothers comes, then it will still be the best team we ever iced.

any news about norways team? looks like they will be without thoresen, zuccarello..

I don't see Montreal going out. Saw both their matches and they were actually really good. Tampas first line is good but they lack secondary threats. Would be nice through since Eller is really in playoff mode at the moment. Haven't seen Chicagos matches so don't know if a comeback is in the cards.

just hope we can see ollie smack the living **** out of tollefsen a few times

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
In the press briefing announcing that frans won't go, he said that he talked to the other nhl'ers and that he is confident that we will have a strong team. Take that for what it's worth.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Right now I'm just down due to the fact that Frans himself felt good to go, but the Islanders didn't. That just confirms my suspicion that until they've confirmed they're going you can't count on it(THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS! - you're welcome!:) )

Markus Lauridsen isn't a black ace btw. Confirmation: http://www.milehighhockey.com/2014/...-announced-seven-players-called-up-to-the-avs

So there's that. Does that make i 2-1 in good news vs. bad news from today?

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Mikkel Bødker confirmed! Wuhu!

EDIT: And Markus Lauridsen as well! But not Oliver who seems to have been called up as a black ace. Go Rangers. Go Rangers so damn much!

Last edited:

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Great to have Mikkel confirmed. And great news about Markus, will be a big boost for our D.

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
My guess (hope):

Bødker - Regin - N Jensen

Christensen - J Jensen- Hansen

Storm - Green - Madsen

Bjørkstrand - Jakobsen - poulsen

Larsen - O Lauridsen

Jensen - M Lauridsen

Lassen - Kristensen

R Nielsen

I have a bad feeling about Larsen though. Does he have contract next season?

If Nielsen had been cleared I would expect quarterfinals, but now I think there's a good chance still.

Last edited:

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
My guess (hope):

Bødker - Regin - N Jensen

Christensen - J Jensen- Hansen

Storm - Green - Madsen

Bjørkstrand - Jakobsen - poulsen

Larsen - O Lauridsen

Jensen - M Lauridsen

Lassen - Kristensen

R Nielsen

I have a bad feeling about Larsen though. Does he have contract next season?

If Nielsen had been cleared I would expect quarterfinals, but now I think there's a good chance still.

I would have Bjørkstrand as RW on the 3rd line. He's probably the best winger we have outside of the NHL right now.

Larsen doesn't have a contract for next season, but he's an RFA, so if Edmonton wants to re-sign him, he'll probably be in Edmonton next season.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Sigh of relief... So good to have Bødker confirmed. Go rangers.

Coach karlsson made an agreement with flyers gm that they will talk about Oliver in ten days

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad