Denmark: 2014 World Championship Thread

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Well it is typical.. We could have a potentially stacked team, and then two guys have already said no because of children :laugh:

Oh I believe to the meltdown to be completely justified. But why would he not go? He impressed when he got called up and a good wc will only improve that even more. And he had a good tournament last time. Hansen is the worst one since this is the second time I believe. Was it exhaustion or resting a recurring injury back then?

Hardt is a great player also because of his style of play but it's not a massive loss.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
New roster announced:

Stefan Lassen's back. He's joined on the blue by Anders Overmark and Rasmus Nielsen. Out goes Sonny Hertzberg, Kasper Jensen and Simon Grønvaldt(Jannik Christensen and Philip Bruggisser ahead of Kasper Jensen is a small surprise for me).

I can't help but noticing that Daniel Nielsen isn't there. Don't know why. Family related? ;)

On the forward side Julian Jakobsen and Morten Madsen joins from Hamburg and Thomas Spelling(SønderjyskE), Anders H. Poulsen and Lasse Lassen(Both Herning) from the Danish finals. No more Steffen Klarskov, Kristoffer Lauridsen, Mathias Thinnesen, Sebastian Svendsen or Morten Lie. I'm mildly surprised Lie got cut so soon.

This also means that this is the roster minus the NHL'ers. Blue line needs additions big time.

Last edited:

Paaske

Apr 10, 2013
Copenhagen
I was wondering where some people in here got the info he weren't gonna join since it wasnt stated anywhere that he wouldn't come.

Our goalie status is as its always been , its not any weaker than usually and the D is gonna be almost the same as last year.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I would say our G is weaker off without Andersen.

And alot depends on wither or not we get the Lauridsen brothers on D.

Cool about Jannik, would love if it was true.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
I was wondering where some people in here got the info he weren't gonna join since it wasnt stated anywhere that he wouldn't come.

Our goalie status is as its always been , its not any weaker than usually and the D is gonna be almost the same as last year.

A poster posted about a rumour here, I don't know where he got it from though. But that's where it's from.

In my opinion G is not much different this year. Galbraith had one of his best seasons ever in Allsvenskan. The only year we've had a significantly better G in recent years was when Andersen was in Frölunda, before that it was probably Hirsch in his SHL years. Even if we miss the Laurdisens, I don't think of D looks off much worse than it's usually is, last year was an usually strong year for D. If we relegate this year, I would be surprised. We are a better team than France, Italy and Kazakhstan, and we are about equal with Latvia, Belarus and Norway. Especially with the great support from NA that we are looking at this year.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Fantastic news on Jannik Hansen! :)

Daniel Nielsen's wife is giving birth anytime now I think, so I'm not sure if he'll go but I'm thinking no.

Paaske> It's great to have a few optimists around :) ImGoingNucks' got plenty of pessimism for the rest if us ;) :D And I agere that preformance in net will only take a small hit and the forwards will be fine but I'm not quite on board with the D being equal. For now at least. Removing the Lauridsen brothers, Daniel Nielsen, Philip Larsen and Mads Bødker is simply in both quality and quantity a clear step back from last year. I see three D's from last year incl. #8 Rasmus Nielsen. That's not good. Lets hope Philip Larsen gets home and some fortune in the shape of a Lauridsen or Daniel Nielsen shows up in Minsk.

And I really don't think this personale is uncapable of avoiding relegation :)

EDIT: In other words... What Jevo said

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
I thought Phillip Larsen was pretty much a certain that he would join. We are just waiting for official news. He is not being sent down to Oklahoma, and there would be no reason for the Oilers to keep him from going.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I should of said, could look at relegation:) I was by no means saying we will. I am also not saying
G is worse than other years, I am saying G in Combination with what could be a weak D coild result in a dificult wc:) Not trying to be pessimistic at all so we can pack that theory away:)

I just have another take on things, I know I have come with controversial statements before,
but lately it seems everything I write is taken very, very literal or wrong.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I thought Phillip Larsen was pretty much a certain that he would join. We are just waiting for official news. He is not being sent down to Oklahoma, and there would be no reason for the Oilers to keep him from going.

I'm completely in the dark. If you've seen something I haven't please share so I can get some peace in mind :D

I'm cautious optimistic due to reasons you mention. Then there's some tweet you could speculate points to him participating. But Murphys law... He's still eligible for AHL with or with waivers, and hockey logic would have him go there before the WC.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I should of said, could look at relegation:) I was by no means saying we will. I am also not saying
G is worse than other years, I am saying G in Combination with what could be a weak D coild result in a dificult wc:) Not trying to be pessimistic at all so we can pack that theory away:)

I just have another take on things, I know I have come with controversial statements before,
but lately it seems everything I write is taken very, very literal or wrong.

My bad - no offense intended :)

Still think we're so much better than Italy and France that we don't need to fear relegation. Even with the questionable defense - we agree - we have on paper for now ;)

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
My bad - no offense intended :)

Still think we're so much better than Italy and France that we don't need to fear relegation. Even with the questionable defense - we agree - we have on paper for now ;)

Dont sweat it:)

Oh we are definitely better than those teams, but that does not make
me more confident.

We always struggle with these heart and soul teams.

And our D and a shaky G could make those games harder if our offence goes into hiatus as they did
the year Italy had one on us.

And I dont agree we are on level with Norway, i would say they have shown to be a better team
than ours.

This does not make me a pessimist, it may equate to me being more nervous during games though :)

Last edited:

Paaske

Apr 10, 2013
Copenhagen
Im pretty sure we will see both Lauridsen bros and Philip Larsen on the team , and only injuries is gonna keep us from having 4 NHL forwards (could even be 5 with Chicago getting closer to elimination)

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Im pretty sure we will see both Lauridsen bros and Philip Larsen on the team , and only injuries is gonna keep us from having 4 NHL forwards (could even be 5 with Chicago getting closer to elimination)

And if that's the case, ill be much less worried. :nod:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark

I'm not gonna go into semantics about probability because I feel we don't have the same attitude nor disagree towards that but I will say this: I think it'll be more important if Daniel Nielsen is there then the Lauridsen brothers :) Let's hope they're all there! :)

Last edited:

Paaske

Apr 10, 2013
Copenhagen
I'm not gonna go into semantics about probability because I feel we don't have the same attitude towards that but I will say this: I think it'll be more important if Daniel Nielsen is there then the Lauridsen brothers :) Let's hope they're all there! :)

Please do so since i didn't mention anything about probability, but said that i was pretty sure.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I'm not gonna go into semantics about probability because I feel we don't have the same attitude towards that but I will say this: I think it'll be more important if Daniel Nielsen is there then the Lauridsen brothers :) Let's hope they're all there! :)

Why is that?

Based on last years WC I would strongly disagree, I think Nielsen was below average last year, and the Lauridsens the direct opposite.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
I'm completely in the dark. If you've seen something I haven't please share so I can get some peace in mind :D

I'm cautious optimistic due to reasons you mention. Then there's some tweet you could speculate points to him participating. But Murphys law... He's still eligible for AHL with or with waivers, and hockey logic would have him go there before the WC.

I don't think I've seen anything you haven't seen. But I merely assume that he would already have been sent down to OKC if it was the intention to send him there for the playoffs. Remember that they weren't in yet when the Oilers were eliminated.

I was shortly on the Colorado board. So far there has been no mention or speculation that Laurdisen will be one of the black aces for the team. Would be good news if they release him instead of keeping him around.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Why is that?

Based on last years WC I would strongly disagree, I think Nielsen was below average last year, and the Lauridsens the direct opposite.

Daniel Nielsen will be able to play BP, PP and hard 5 on 5 matchups throughout. While I agree that last year the Lauridsens looked better they're more specialized. Oliver wouldn't help our PP. Markus most likely won't do any better in hard 5-on-5 matchups. It's the versatility. That and then the fact this year will most likely have some new faces on the blue line and a leader(Which Daniel Nielsen is) would be most welcomed IMO :) This is all of course under the presumption that Daniel Nielsen isn't burned out but had a bad tournament last year and if everybody shows up in the end the point may be mute.

Havn't heard anything on the black aces in Colorado, but I assume they'll be known soon as the AHL ended last night. Fingers crossed!

Please do so since i didn't mention anything about probability, but said that i was pretty sure.

My bad then. Thought pretty sure was your assessment of the chances of them being there :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad