Denmark: 2014 World Championship Thread

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Wow...thin lines so far. I like the 2nd line.
A lot of players from the danish league so far. How many players who are still playing in their european leagues are we waiting on?

There is quite a few pretty young(early twenties) on the roster. nice to see but thin so far

Where is Stefan Lassen? Have no idea how he done this year but he should be called up no matter what. He usually plays amazing during the WC no matter how he played during the season.

A) The OP should be complete. The Hamburg Freezers are surprisingly down 3-1 in their semifinals. Looks like Daniel Nielsen, Morten Madsen and Julian Jakobsen will be joining the roster sooner than possible. Kim Staal are done in the DEL 2 I think. Lost 4-2 in games... I think. Simon Nielsen and Lukko are down 3-2.

B) I was wondering. Him and Mads Bødker I have no idea if they're ready to step in or out for the tournament or somewhere in between.

It's been confirmed that Jesper B. Jensen will have to find a new club next year. So he's got something to play for.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Looking forward to seeing what they can do this year! New coach, system - an olympic year, which could have an effect on the big teams interest/performance?

Forwards, as of today:
Morten Madsen - Frans Nielsen - Nicklas Jensen
Nichlas Hardt - Morten Green - Mads Christensen
Frederik Storm - Julian Jakobsen - Patrick Bjorkstrand
Morten Poulsen - Jesper Jensen - Kim Staal

Success (win a couple of games!) would depend on those second/third liners chipping in. Christensen/Hardt/Jakobsen haven't done that much in the last tournaments (WC and OQ), maybe one of the kids in CHL could get a spot? Jesper Jensen isn't really a shutdown center either, but who is? Not any I would take off for an Danish League centerman. Eller or Regin could join after one round - push Jakobsen/Green down. Mikkel Bødker still in the playoff race, but if PHX is the lowest seed they could be in trouble, would give a solid NHL line - should be some goals off the rush with Franzies transitional play, Bødkers speed and Jensen just scores! (Hopefully). Jannik Hansen would be a huge plus, but understandable if he opts out.

Philip Larsen, Jesper B. Jensen, Markus Lauridsen, Stefan Lassen, Daniel Nielsen, Emil Kristensen, Rasmus Nielsen on defense, Oliver Lauridsen will be with the Flyers? Mads Bødker is ...?

Patrick Galbraith, Simon Nielsen, Sebastian Dahm
Goalies pick themselves. Only four really in the race and with the big guy overthere...

Don't know about lines(I'll wait till after the first round where at least one from North America should join us). But I like the names. Looks like Morten Lie will be another name in there. And then the last spot is up for grabs. Nicolai Meyer has left the camp injured. Some candidates from Herning and SønderjyskE could be: Georg Sørensen, Anders H. Poulsen, Rasmus Nielsen, Lasse Lassen and Michael Eskesen, Steffen Frank, Thomas Spelling... and perhaps Kim Lykkeskov if he's up for it.

DK Rookie

May 9, 2013
Don't know about lines(I'll wait till after the first round where at least one from North America should join us). But I like the names. Looks like Morten Lie will be another name in there. And then the last spot is up for grabs. Nicolai Meyer has left the camp injured. Some candidates from Herning and SønderjyskE could be: Georg Sørensen, Anders H. Poulsen, Rasmus Nielsen, Lasse Lassen and Michael Eskesen, Steffen Frank, Thomas Spelling... and perhaps Kim Lykkeskov if he's up for it.

Georg Sørensen might be a bit young. Would the coach put him in before Dahm? He's pretty awesome, but very young!

Anders Poulsen and maybe Morten Andreasen (with the team already, right?) could be candidates to that center role. If not, get Dresler out of the ref uniform and back in there!

Is Morten Lie any better than the other wings in there? Staal is bigger, got more experience and a well defined role on the team - Storm, Poulsen, Bjorkstrand has been there before, plays at a higher level and is (in my opinion) better. Would put Lasse Lassen and Thomas Spelling ahead too, and Frank did alright in some test games this year, right?

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Georg Sørensen might be a bit young. Would the coach put him in before Dahm? He's pretty awesome, but very young!

Anders Poulsen and maybe Morten Andreasen (with the team already, right?) could be candidates to that center role. If not, get Dresler out of the ref uniform and back in there!

Is Morten Lie any better than the other wings in there? Staal is bigger, got more experience and a well defined role on the team - Storm, Poulsen, Bjorkstrand has been there before, plays at a higher level and is (in my opinion) better. Would put Lasse Lassen and Thomas Spelling ahead too, and Frank did alright in some test games this year, right?

Georg Sørensen would be instead of Simon Nielsen in my head :)

Morten Lie was a suggestion as 13th forward. You would have Lasse Lassen and Spelling ahead of Lie or? :)

DK Rookie

May 9, 2013
Georg Sørensen would be instead of Simon Nielsen in my head :)

Morten Lie was a suggestion as 13th forward. You would have Lasse Lassen and Spelling ahead of Lie or? :)

I guess, he hasn't played much this season. But Dahm and Sørensen isn't very tested options should Galbraith need relief. We'll see!

And yes! Personally I'm not that high on Lie, but really, 4th line wings and 13th forward isn't going to matter too much! Someone who can skate and work hard - and Lie certainly fits that, so it's a possibility!

Defense is the key, hope Lassen and Nielsen have a good tournament - didn't like Daniel Nielsen's play at last years WC, wasn't good on his skates, wasn't physical and took some bad decisions (that play against Duchene sticks out, but then again - it was against Duchene!) Oliver Lauridsen was awesome last year, gave something that's otherwise missing on this team. Maybe talk the Flyers into letting him go? They got much better dept on D this year (lessons learned :laugh:) - or hope they get a short playoff!

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I guess, he hasn't played much this season. But Dahm and Sørensen isn't very tested options should Galbraith need relief. We'll see!

And yes! Personally I'm not that high on Lie, but really, 4th line wings and 13th forward isn't going to matter too much! Someone who can skate and work hard - and Lie certainly fits that, so it's a possibility!

Defense is the key, hope Lassen and Nielsen have a good tournament - didn't like Daniel Nielsen's play at last years WC, wasn't good on his skates, wasn't physical and took some bad decisions (that play against Duchene sticks out, but then again - it was against Duchene!) Oliver Lauridsen was awesome last year, gave something that's otherwise missing on this team. Maybe talk the Flyers into letting him go? They got much better dept on D this year (lessons learned :laugh:) - or hope they get a short playoff!

He needs to be healthy before we think about that. A) Not gonna happen B) Don't think they they're that much deeper, just had an ridiculous amount of injuries last year if I remember correctly. Gonna need a first round exit.

Btw. St. Louis has blown it. Colorado and Chicago might not end up facing each other. That would make the worst case scenario worse(Neither Markus nor Regin), and vice versa the best case scenario(Both Markus and Regin).

2. btw) Lines are identical tonight from last night. Dahm in net. Denmark down 2-0 middle of the 2nd.... AND it ended that way.

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark

Staal should always play. He always scores

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Staal should always play. He always scores

I agree that Kim Staal should be on the roster. He is a veteran that always deliver. He played very well last year at the WC and comes from an excellent year in DEL2.
Depending on how strong our roster will be I think he can bring a 4'th line some spunk.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
The NT plays some training matches up to the WC.

Started with 2 games against the Czech Republic.
Seems we hit a wall almost every time we play the Czech.

1'st match lost 0-4
2'nd match lost 0-2

Next two matches will be against Sweden in Sweden the 16'th and 19'th.
Then 3 matches against Belarus, first two in Denmark, the last in Minsk.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Simon Nielsen and Lukko are done. As are Kim Staal and Rosenheim. They could be home by the next game on the 16th.

Hamburg are down 3-2. Next game Sunday. Game 7 on Tuesday I'd speculate... which would put the three boys from Hamburg out of the game in Ängelholm(See OP) but should be good to go for the game in Malmo. They will the be last European Danes to join the team.

Frans Nielsen, Jannik Hansen and Mikkel Bødker are done on Sunday. Then they'll have to decide and get home. Wouldn't expect to see them before the game in Odense.

We should know whether Philip Larsen will be eligible by Monday or Tuesday as Oklahoma plays Wednesday next week.

I haven't thought of this before now but Nicklas Jensen might have to support Utica in their last minute rush. That would keep him occupied until at least next Saturday the 19th. That could take those two out of the game for the Odense and perhaps also the Rødovre-game. So they'd be joining the team for the last test IN Minsk.

Without knowing the playoff schedule the usual series takes between 6-12 days depending how many games... So if the playoffs start Wednesday the 16th. That's an exit date the 28th at the latest. One or more of Eller, Lauridsen x2, Frederik Andersen or Peter Regin could be joining in Minsk - Along with (hopefully) Philip Larsen and Nicklas Jensen - for the final test in Minsk.

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Simon Nielsen and Lukko are done. As are Kim Staal and Rosenheim. They could be home by the next game on the 16th.

Hamburg are down 3-2. Next game Sunday. Game 7 on Tuesday I'd speculate... which would put the three boys from Hamburg out of the game in Ängelholm(See OP) but should be good to go for the game in Malmo. They will the be last European Danes to join the team.

Frans Nielsen, Jannik Hansen and Mikkel Bødker are done on Sunday. Then they'll have to decide and get home. Wouldn't expect to see them before the game in Odense.

We should know whether Philip Larsen will be eligible by Monday or Tuesday as Oklahoma plays Wednesday next week.

I haven't thought of this before now but Nicklas Jensen might have to support Utica in their last minute rush. That would keep him occupied until at least next Saturday the 19th. That could take those two out of the game for the Odense and perhaps also the Rødovre-game. So they'd be joining the team for the last test IN Minsk.

Without knowing the playoff schedule the usual series takes between 6-12 days depending how many games... So if the playoffs start Wednesday the 16th. That's an exit date the 28th at the latest. One or more of Eller, Lauridsen x2, Frederik Andersen or Peter Regin could be joining in Minsk - Along with (hopefully) Philip Larsen and Nicklas Jensen - for the final test in Minsk.

We will be looking at a better lineup in terms of players from NA than we did last year.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
It's been confirmed that Kim Staal and Frederik Storm has joined the roster without any departures.

Love staalmanden.....legend.
Storm played quite well last year too.

I found this article from today on berlingske with a short interview with Kim Pedersen. (http://www.b.dk/sport/vm-puslespillet-kraever-stor-taalmodighed-af-landstraener). Kim Pedersen(GM) says that they understand that the north american players might want a little rest before but
" It would be best , If they could be in the last WC test on danish ice on the 26 of april in Rødovre against Belarus and the 3 of may game in minsk"-

There are no news on Mads Bødker? I really can't understand how he can be banned

Does anybody know where its possible to find roster and lines for last years WC? I know the lines changed but how they were in the beginning?

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Does anybody know where its possible to find roster and lines for last years WC? I know the lines changed but how they were in the beginning?

Roster from last year was this:

Goalies:
Patrick Galbraith (Ex-Frölunda Indians)
Simon Nielsen (Rauman Lukko )
Sebastian Dahm (Rødovre Mighty Bulls)

Defense:
Philip Larsen (Dallas Stars)
Oliver Lauridsen (Philadelphia Flyers)
Markus Lauridsen (Lake Erie Monsters/Colorado Avalanche)
Daniel Nielsen (Hamburg Freezers).
Jesper B. Jensen (Rögle BK).
Stefan Lassen (Ex-Malmö Redhawks)
Mads Bødker (Malmö Redhawks)
Rasmus Nielsen (Herning Blue Fox)

Forwards:
Mikkel Bødker (Phoenix Coyotes)
Nichlas Hardt (Jokerit)
Mads Christensen (Eisbären Berlin)
Morten Green (Hannover Scorpions; Team Captain),
Julian Jakobsen (Hamburg Freezers),
Morten Madsen (Hamburg Freezers),
Kirill Starkov (Ex-Oskarshamn IK)
Morten Poulsen (Oskarshamn IK)
Patrick Bjorkstrand (Ex-Mora IK)
Jesper Jensen (Karlskrona)
Frederik Storm (Malmö Redhawks)
Kim Staal (Herlev Eagles)
Thor Dresler (Herlev Eagles).

Lines changed somewhat during the last WC. can't really remember the specifics.

DK Rookie

May 9, 2013
The IIHF website got lineups.

The lines stayed the same until Mads Christensen was injured (and the pairs until Daniel Nielsen was), then Morten Madsen was bumped up. And there was some changes when Nicklas Jensen joined the team.

Hardt - Green - Starkov (Madsen instead of Hardt after a couple of games)
Mikkel Bødker - Jakobsen - Christensen (Hardt took over from Christensen)
Storm - Jensen - Poulsen
Bjorkstrand - Madsen - Staal (Dresler at center when Madsen moved up)

When Nicklas Jensen joined he played one game with Green and Hardt, then with Bødker and Jakobsen. Staal playing on the line with Hardt and Green.

Lassen - Larsen (D.Nielsen played the first two, Larsen played one game with Oliver)
Jensen - O.Lauridsen
Mads Bødker - M.Lauridsen
+ R.Nielsen

That took up some time! Back to my schoolwork, then...

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
The IIHF website got lineups.

The lines stayed the same until Mads Christensen was injured (and the pairs until Daniel Nielsen was), then Morten Madsen was bumped up. And there was some changes when Nicklas Jensen joined the team.

Hardt - Green - Starkov (Madsen instead of Hardt after a couple of games)
Mikkel Bødker - Jakobsen - Christensen (Hardt took over from Christensen)
Storm - Jensen - Poulsen
Bjorkstrand - Madsen - Staal (Dresler at center when Madsen moved up)

When Nicklas Jensen joined he played one game with Green and Hardt, then with Bødker and Jakobsen. Staal playing on the line with Hardt and Green.

Lassen - Larsen (D.Nielsen played the first two, Larsen played one game with Oliver)
Jensen - O.Lauridsen
Mads Bødker - M.Lauridsen
+ R.Nielsen

That took up some time! Back to my schoolwork, then...

Great work looking all this up DK Rookie and welcome to our Danish boards by the way :) [I didn't have time to look for it myself]
Nicklas Jensen was the late addition to the roster I posted above, that had originally kept one seat open (primarily for Frans Nielsen).

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Nicklas Jensen has been sent down to Utica for a last minute playoff push. Utica is currently 4 points out of the playoffs with 3 games left. They are unlikely to get in. As far as I can see, Philip Larsen has not been sent down to Oklahoma City yet. This is good news, since it would imply he is free to go to the WC.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
THanks to DK Rookie and Justikov for the rosters and lines from last year...

Nicklas Jensen has been sent down to Utica for a last minute playoff push. Utica is currently 4 points out of the playoffs with 3 games left. They are unlikely to get in. As far as I can see, Philip Larsen has not been sent down to Oklahoma City yet. This is good news, since it would imply he is free to go to the WC.

Looks like we could have one of the better squads in a few years unless the NHL guys says no. Im already not counting on Hansen so lets see.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen

Wouldnt he have to clear waivers once more before he is 100 % ready for WC?

DK Rookie

May 9, 2013
Great if Larsen is there! Not the greatest defense corps we've got back here in Europe, and it seems like asking a bit too much of some of them when not having a #1 like Larsen - everyone else is better suited for lesser roles, D.Nielsen, Jensen, the young Lauridsen. A top shut-down guy (Denmark nationalteam-wise) like Oliver Lauridsen would be great too, less load to carry for Lassen and who have you - let's pin our hopes on the Rangers making it so!

Don't see why? Would have to clear to play in the AHL (I would think), but if they don't waive and reassign him, then his season would be over and it's just about getting the OK (and Denmark paying the insurance) before he could head home, right?

How is that youngsters, Sonny Hertzberg, chances of getting a spot? 7th or 8th D? Hockey's Future is the name of the site afterall!

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010

No. Waivers are only for being sent down from the NHL team. If you had clear waivers to be in WC, no NHL players would be allowed to go. Imagine losing Tavares because he wants to go to the WC.

On Hertzberg. I like his potential, but I don't think he's ready this year. I think the new coach is more youth oriented than the old one, and he has called in a few youngsters to his camp, to get a view at what he has for the future, and how close they are.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So the d-man situation is still quite uncertain.
Sonny Hertzberg is young and untested and in my opinion we still have a lot of veterans in the Danish League that can make the roster before him. But next year when/if he has played a full year in Allsvenskan....
Of the young d-men Emil L. Kristensen from Oskarshamn are the one I'm fairly certain will make it.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
No. Waivers are only for being sent down from the NHL team. If you had clear waivers to be in WC, no NHL players would be allowed to go. Imagine losing Tavares because he wants to go to the WC.

That's not exactly what I meant. In order to send down Philip Larsen to Oklahoma he would have to clear waivers once more, right? Even though he cleared waivers just a month ago he would still have to go through it again?? The clubs in the playoffs probably all have their organisation in order, but what if a club lost one of their d-men to long term injury in the last game before playoffs? Maybe some would claim him just as a back-up for an untested prospect or am I totally misunderstanding the waiver system?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $45.00