Denmark: 2014 World Championship Thread

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Mikkel Bødker confirmed! Wuhu!

EDIT: And Markus Lauridsen as well! But not Oliver who seems to have been called up as a black ace. Go Rangers. Go Rangers so damn much!

Markus was invisible last WCH. But I guess that is good for being a Defence D. But he does not have the physical play of his brother, I wish he had.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Markus was invisible last WCH. But I guess that is good for being a Defence D. But he does not have the physical play of his brother, I wish he had.

If only we could somehow morph them into one player. :sarcasm:

But yeah, Markus was not great, not bad but still not great.

Oliver on the other hand, really suprised alot of folks here in Denmark.
Believe it or not, but he is somewhat of an unknown to alot of Danish hockey fans. At least the not so fanatical ones who have a life besides hockey, unlike most of us here :D

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
If only we could somehow morph them into one player. :sarcasm:

But yeah, Markus was not great, not bad but still not great.

Oliver on the other hand, really suprised alot of folks here in Denmark.
Believe it or not, but he is somewhat of an unknown to alot of Danish hockey fans. At least the not so fanatical ones who have a life besides hockey, unlike most of us here :D

What is this life you speak off?
Markus was decent and he is an improvement over a lot of the other options ...hope he steps up this year but I'm rooting for the rangers like you would'n't believe. We neeeeeed oliver

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
What is this life you speak off?
Markus was decent and he is an improvement over a lot of the other options ...hope he steps up this year but I'm rooting for the rangers like you would'n't believe. We neeeeeed oliver

Add to that, that Zuccarello will not be able to join Norway. It's a win all around.

DK Rookie

May 9, 2013
Daniel Nielsen is officially out! Hope his son (and Hardts) atleast becomes solid pros in Europe in some 20 odd years (seems like that's how we recruit most of our players!) - make up for their dad's taking some personal time! They'll likely have girls, Rangers will win and Hawks will make a comeback... (going the pessimistic way here!)

Markus Lauridsen was very raw last year around, but you could see some potential. And playing semi-regularly in the AHL still must be better preperation than a playing semi-pro hockey in Denmark (as Rasmus Nielsen, Anders Overmark - at least one of whom will definately make the team, I'm guessing).

Still no word from Larsen? Wasn't there problem with the insurance for a RFA a few years back? I'm staying pessimistic :laugh: - but hopefully he'll join up! O.Lauridsen-Larsen, Jensen-Kristensen, and Lassen-M.Lauridsen isn't the worst ever D-corps (for a Danish NT); remember when the likes of Andreasen and Pander had to play key roles? I'll take the Lauridsen bros., please!

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Daniel Nielsen is officially out! Hope his son (and Hardts) atleast becomes solid pros in Europe in some 20 odd years (seems like that's how we recruit most of our players!) - make up for their dad's taking some personal time! They'll likely have girls, Rangers will win and Hawks will make a comeback... (going the pessimistic way here!)

Looks like our d-core still can be severely depleted. If O. Lauridsen and P. Larsen does not come our defense starts to look pretty shaky.

If they have girls it would probably boost our female NT :laugh:

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Some good things and bad things.

The line with Jensen - storm - bjorkstrand looked really good. I hope Jensen get a contract in SHL, and not in Rogle as the rumours say.

Our forwards generally looked good. And with the addition of Hansen, Jensen and Bødker it will be even better. If we get Regin we will probably have the best group of forwards we have ever had.

Our D on the other hand looked very shaky. Some very good individual decisions, but Jesper Jensen is the only one with international niveau.
Lassen looked out of shape, Kristensen was ok with a nice goal, but generally too many mistakes, and most of the D could cost goals in the WC. We need all the help we can get.

Nielsen was ok in goal, but by no means spectacular. Made some nice saves, but four against is a little much. On the other hand Belarus missed an open net twice, because of bad defending.

All in all a good match, but with room for improvement

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Some good things and bad things.

The line with Jensen - storm - bjorkstrand looked really good. I hope Jensen get a contract in SHL, and not in Rogle as the rumours say.

Our forwards generally looked good. And with the addition of Hansen, Jensen and Bødker it will be even better. If we get Regin we will probably have the best group of forwards we have ever had.

Our D on the other hand looked very shaky. Some very good individual decisions, but Jesper Jensen is the only one with international niveau.
Lassen looked out of shape, Kristensen was ok with a nice goal, but generally too many mistakes, and most of the D could cost goals in the WC. We need all the help we can get.

Nielsen was ok in goal, but by no means spectacular. Made some nice saves, but four against is a little much. On the other hand Belarus missed an open net twice, because of bad defending.

All in all a good match, but with room for improvement

As I have said earlier that line would be our perfect 3'rd line for this WC.
F. Storm (2G) - J. Jensen (3A) - P. Bjørkstrand (1A) really seem to click together.

Also agree our defense will be shaky if we don't get Oliver Lauridsen and Philip Larsen over.
But good that Lassen also will get some match training if he was out of shape.

I would also have Galbraith as starter, so giving Nielsen this game is perhaps to match train him a bit for being backup to Galbraith at the WC.
With Galbraith's season he should be the starter without question.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Second game against Belarus ended in a loss 3-4.

Source: hockeymagasinet.dk
Danmark vs. Hviderusland: 3-4 (1-1, 1-2, 1-1)
11:47 1-0 Thomas Spelling (Morten Madsen)
15:35 1-1 Ivan Usenko (Sergei Kostitsyn) PP1
21:03 2-1 Patrick Björkstrand (Frederik Storm og Jesper Jensen) PP1
25:18 2-2 Sergei Kostitsyn (Mikhail Grabovski)
31:42 2-3 Andrei Stas (Yevgeni Kovyrshin)
41:21 2-4 Andrei Stas (Andrei Antonov)
52:35 3-4 Morten Madsen (Julian Jakobsen)

So two close games vs. Belarus played in Denmark with the third game coming up in Belarus.
Seems that there are still big defensive problems.

Markus Lauridsen and Nicklas Jensen are ready for WC, while Morten Andreasen leaves the Danish roster.
So Anders Poulsen seem to have won the possible 4'th C battle with Andreasen - Morten Madsen can always work as a reserve center in case of injury.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Goodbye Morten Andreasen :) 3G, 8D and 13F are at the camp and Bødker and Hansen are still to come. That would bring us to 26. Someone(Perhaps someTWO... Okay bad one) has to go. Most likely a forward.

And btw... Philip Larsen is in Denmark.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Goodbye Morten Andreasen :) 3G, 8D and 13F are at the camp and Bødker and Hansen are still to come. That would bring us to 26. Someone(Perhaps someTWO... Okay bad one) has to go. Most likely a forward.

:sarcasm: - that someONE-TWO would like be between Morten Poulsen, Kim Staal, Lasse Lassen and Thomas Spelling (if Anders Poulsen is “safe“ as 4'th center - especially if Regin doesn't attend).
Of these Lasse Lassen & Thomas Spelling might be on the far end of the roster.

Philip Larsen in Denmark........on vacation or should we hope?
Our defense just look so thin without Oliver Lauridsen, Philip Larsen, Daniel Nielsen and Mads Bødker.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark

If he is in Denmark and says no, I'm going to personally blame him if we go down.

DK Rookie

May 9, 2013
He can't be worn out can he? A chance to be the go-to guy and play a lot of minutes after the season he's had... and most other players always talk about getting home to play as a good thing? Weird that it isn't resolved yet...

Our dept on defense is questionable so say the least. New guys have to step up, Jensen, Lassen and Lauridsen are perhaps out of their dept as #1-3. Nielsen and Bødker are limited in what they can do, but atleast they've been there several times before - and without Lauridsen and possibly Larsen on top of that! :help: Rasmus Nielsen, Emil Kristensen and Bruggisser will have to step up - hope they can!

Don't think they'll get relegated, what does Italy bring? France and Norway are not unbeatable either (I hope!). But not really a QF line-up:

Bødker - Green - N.Jensen
Christensen - Madsen - Hansen
Storm - J.Jensen - Bjorkstrand
M.Poulsen - Jakobsen - Staal/Lassen/Spelling
+ A.Poulsen

Jensen - Kristensen
Lassen - M.Lauridsen
Nielsen - Bruggisser/Overmark/Christensen

Centers assigned randomly! Could really do with Regin - sucks that F.Nielsen can't go! Regin would push Madsen to the wing and Staal/Lassen/Spelling out. Anders Poulsen has had a good season, but can't see him in the top12 of forwards: ahead of Staal, Lassen or Spelling perhaps?

Don't like that one of Bruggisser/Overmark/Christensen has to take a regular shift - but hope they grow with the responsibility if that's the case! Rasmus Nielsen got the experience last year and Emil Kristensen got a year of Allsvenskan under his belt, so they should be alright (again: in bigger roles then I'd see as ideal, but Larsen playing 25 minutes would help!)

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Jensen - Kristensen
Lassen - M.Lauridsen
Nielsen - Bruggisser/Overmark/Christensen

This just makes the joy of a Lauridsen and/or Larsen yes even bigger! If not... Jeebus have mercy in us all. Especially Patrick Galbraith. He's gonna have some very busy games. :laugh: (Disclaimer: Still thinks this will be more than sufficient to make. An active F-corp can do a lot for the team D)

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
rangers win. 1 win away from lauridsen on the team?

go blues!!

I doubt that Lauridsen will get allowed to go by Flyers. He recently just returned from a long term injury. He might have to work on his physics and be ready for the new season instead of risking an injury in WCH.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
The more I think about it, I can not see Larsen participate in the WCH this year. The risk of being injured with no contract would be devastating for him.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I doubt that Lauridsen will get allowed to go by Flyers. He recently just returned from a long term injury. He might have to work on his physics and be ready for the new season instead of risking an injury in WCH.

True - that would really be a sour grape if Rangers actually beats Philadelphia and O. Lauridsen gets a no anyways.
Regin is out since Chicago won the series over St. Louis.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
This is going to be a rough wc with those d-guys missing.

Only two veterans - Stefan Lassen (bit out of shape) and Jesper "B" Jensen.
Then Markus Lauridsen and then 3 very green d-men when it comes to NT.

So maybe these veterans should be split up so we have a more solid partner for the 3 green NT players (chosen from these 5: Kristensen, R. Nielsen, Bruggisser, Overmark, Christensen).

or

Go very hard on the 2 first pairs and play the third pair sparingly?

For a long tournament as the WC I would probably go for first option (though Norway has done it with big success in many WC - Holøs, Tollefsen, Trygg especially playing massive minutes).

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
True - that would really be a sour grape if Rangers actually beats Philadelphia and O. Lauridsen gets a no anyways.
Regin is out since Chicago won the series over St. Louis.

As I previously posted, Zuccarello will not participate for Norway if Rangers win the po series, so there is a still a little good news even if Ollie is not allowed to go.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
At the risk of sounding pessimistic, I will re voice my opinion that this WC coulc get very, very ugly...

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
At the risk of sounding pessimistic, I will re voice my opinion that this WC coulc get very, very ugly...

I would like to wait until the final roster is ready to comment whether it is going to be ugly or not. There are to many unanswered questions at this point to be able to conclude anything at all. I am excited to see in what way the new style of playing will take us. In my opinion it is the right way to go forward with the material we have on our hands, but I am doubtful whether our roster will be strong enough this year. Will be very interesting to watch.

Overall, I don't think we have to worry about relegation this year. Both Italy and France is nations we have to beat (yes I know we lost to Italy last year)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad