Denmark: 2014 World Championship Thread

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
We are the “happiest people“ in the world because we are pessimists/realists, that never expect too much (good).

When expecting nothing good -> nothing good happens, we were right all along (I told you so).
When expecting nothing good -> good happens, we are pleasantly surprised.

Being an optimist is the recipe for discontent :sarcasm:

Yeah theres that,but having one of the highest standarts of living in the world also helps.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Naah, we mostly shower in money because waterbills are so expensive.

Come on now,you cant say you guys arent rich,yeah the prices are probably ridiclous but still :laugh:

It`s funny,cause we Baltics(mostly Latvia and Estonia,Lithuania to a smaller extent) try to emulate Scandinavia in every way,you are like our role model countries(sweden,norway,denmark),you are like what we could have been if not for USSR.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Come on now,you cant say you guys arent rich,yeah the prices are probably ridiclous but still :laugh:

It`s funny,cause we Baltics(mostly Latvia and Estonia,Lithuania to a smaller extent) try to emulate Scandinavia in every way,you are like our role model countries(sweden,norway,denmark),you are like what we could have been if not for USSR.

;-) was just kidding. We are indeed rich societies and we are generally happy because of the high living standard. But it's of course more than that.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So with 5 points we still have a small chance for a quarterfinal if we can win over Slovakia and France - hard but not impossible.
Since I weren't able to see the Canada or Czech game (apart from the shootout) has there been some improvements on the Danish teams?

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
So with 5 points we still have a small chance for a quarterfinal if we can win over Slovakia and France - hard but not impossible.
Since I weren't able to see the Canada or Czech game (apart from the shootout) has there been some improvements on the Danish teams?

Very very much. We were amazing against st the Czechs. No bad players in that game. Played 3 lines most of the day.
Hansen played like his life depended on it like he did vs. Canada. Big improvement.

Our backs were surprisingly good vs. Czech

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Very very much. We were amazing against st the Czechs. No bad players in that game. Played 3 lines most of the day.
Hansen played like his life depended on it like he did vs. Canada. Big improvement.

So it seems that maxing our first 3 lines compared to rolling all 4 gave a boost to the team!
Good to see Jannik Hansen is getting in there. He was invisible the first games.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen

Rome wasnt build in a day. I wasnt very optimistic either after the first two games, but advocated for giving Karlsson a fair shot and wait with the evaluation until after the Worlds had been completed. I still think we should do that, hence losing the last two games and a regulation win from Italy would still relegate us or just two losses where we play like crap would give the outcome a different view.

I didnt watch the game vs the Checz's, so I cant really comment on how the general play was.

Overall I like the idea or theory that we should try to win every game now, even if it means that we are going to lose bigger to some of the nations than before. If it works in practice we will have to wait and see.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Rome wasnt build in a day. I wasnt very optimistic either after the first two games, but advocated for giving Karlsson a fair shot and wait with the evaluation until after the Worlds had been completed. I still think we should do that, hence losing the last two games and a regulation win from Italy would still relegate us or just two losses where we play like crap would give the outcome a different view.

I didnt watch the game vs the Checz's, so I cant really comment on how the general play was.

Overall I like the idea or theory that we should try to win every game now, even if it means that we are going to lose bigger to some of the nations than before. If it works in practice we will have to wait and see.

Completely agree. We also need to give the team time to learn that system. I was optimistic that we would get better offensively but was pleasantly surprised that we played so much better at the back, especially in the 2nd and 3rd. Don't get me wrong, it was not like we played like we did at times last year but it was better. I liked the lines combination better this time and we mixed up the pp quite a bit.

If you look beyond this tournament, I think we could be looking at some potential in our backs for the future. Emil Kristensen has impressed me and Philip Larsen has been good. I think the criticism of his defensive abilities in terms of the national team. He might not be good enough for the nhl but he is plenty good for the national team in that area

Remi

Mar 2, 2012
Denmark
If we beat France and they lose to Czech Rep, meanwhile Norway loses to Canada, we will play for 4th spot vs. Slovakia in last game.

Right?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Dernmark ended as 13'th, barely [same points (5) & goal difference as Germany, but we had more goals 17-27 vs 13-23].
So meh result. Happy they didn't relegate. Offense looked OK, but defense and goaltending was worse than expected.
See if they can do better with this system next year.
I'm skeptical, but we give it a shot.

Kim Staal best Dane in production second year in a row, but also indicating that our NHL players hadn't really hit the superform for the WC.
Jesper Jensen, Patrick Bjørkstrand and Frederik Storm was the overall best line.
Not really any chemistry was found beside that trio?!

Remi

Mar 2, 2012
Denmark
A lot of talent, yes. But we need more chemistry.

Just imagine if we could get to the Olympics and moister up 10 NHL players (maybe). We could be the new team Switzerland or maybe better.

And also I think we played bad due to bad centers, we never won a bloody face-off, lol

Anyway, next time WE HAVE TO BEAT THOSE DAMN NORWEGIANS!

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Dernmark ended as 13'th, barely [same points (5) & goal difference as Germany, but we had more goals 17-27 vs 13-23].
So meh result. Happy they didn't relegate. Offense looked OK, but defense and goaltending was worse than expected.
See if they can do better with this system next year.
I'm skeptical, but we give it a shot.

Kim Staal best Dane in production second year in a row, but also indicating that our NHL players hadn't really hit the superform for the WC.
Jesper Jensen, Patrick Bjørkstrand and Frederik Storm was the overall best line.
Not really any chemistry was found beside that trio?!

Both Lauridsen brothers have had long term injuries and just barely got ready for the WC. That might have had something to do with their poor performance. That being said, we have a serious problem in defense if we are to rely on those guys in the future. I want to see Hertzberg promoted to the senior level next year, to get him accustomed to the level as early as possible. And lets see if Brugisser changing club to Allsvenskan will raise his level of play. Overall I am not convinced about our defense, but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00