| -

Starter​
|
Backup​
Simon Nielsen​
|
Patrick Galbraith​
| -

Ekstras: Sebastian Dahm(Not registered), Anders H. Poulsen(Not Registered), Thomas Spelling

Roster

Goalies[3]:

#1 Patrick Galbraith, Karlskrona
#31 Simon Nielsen, Lukko
#32 Sebastian Dahm, Rødovre Mighty Bulls

Backs[7]:

#2 Phillip Brugisser, Kristianstads IK
#3 Philip Larsen, Edmonton Oilers
#6 Stefan Lassen, Graz 99'ers
#22 Markus Lauridsen, Lake Erie Monsters
#25 Oliver Lauridsen, Aidrondack Phantoms
#28 Emil Kristensen, Oskarshamn
#41 Jesper B. Jensen, Rögle BK

Forwards[14]:

#9 Frederik Storm, Malmø
#11 Patrick Bjorkstrand, Medvescak Zagreb
#13 Morten Green, Schwenniger Wild Wings
#17 Nicklas Jensen, Vancouver Canucks
#19 Kim Staal, Starbulls Rosenheim
#29 Morten Madsen, Hamburg Freezers
#33 Julian Jakobsen, Hamburg Freezers
#36 Jannik Hansen, Vancouver Canucks
#37 Anders H. Poulsen, Herning
#38 Morten Poulsen, Oskarshamn
#40 Jesper Jensen, Karlskrona
#53 Thomas Spelling, SønderjyskE
#60 Mads Christensen, Eisbären Berlin
#89 Mikkel Bødker, Phoenix Coyotes

Schedule

May 10th vs. Sweden 0-3
May 11th vs. Norway(15:45 - TV3 Puls LIVE starting 15:40)
May 13th vs. Italy(15:45 - TV3 Sport 1 LIVE starting 15:15)
May 15th vs. Canada(15:45 - TV3 Sport 1 LIVE)
May 17th vs. Czech Republic(15:45 - TV3 Sport 1 LIVE)
May 19th vs. France(15:45 - TV3 Sport 1 LIVE)
May 20th vs. Slovakia(15:45 - TV3 Sport 1 LIVE)

Standing

Team|Games|Wins|OT wins|OT losses|Losses|Points
Canada |2|1|0|1|0|4
Sweden |1|1|0|0|0|3
Norway |1|1|0|0|0|3
Czech Republic |1|0|1|0|0|2
France |1|0|1|0|0|2
Slovakia |2|0|0|1|0|1
Italy |0|0|0|0|0|0
Denmark |0|0|0|0|0|0

Bottom team in the group gets relegated. Top 4 teams goes to the quarter finals.

Pre-tournament games

April 10th Czech Republic - Denmark in Decin 4-0

April 11th Czech Republic - Denmark in Prerov 2-0

April 16th Sweden - Denmark in Ängelholm 5-2; 0-1 Patrick Bjørkstrand(Jesper Jensen), 5-2 Patrick Bjørkstrand(Jesper Jensen, Sonny Hertzberg)

April 18th Sweden - Denmark in Malmo 6-2; 0-1 Mads Christensen, 4-2 Mads Christensen(Morten Green)

April 24th Denmark - Belarus in Odense 5-4; 1-1 Emil Kristensen(Jesper Jensen), 2-1 Frederik Storm(Jesper Jensen, Patrick Bjørkstrand), 3-4 Jesper B. Jensen(Mads Christensen, Morten Poulsen), 4-4 Frederik Storm(Jesper Jensen, Emil Kristensen), 5-4 Julian Jakobsen(Morten Madsen)

April 26th Denmark - Belarus in Rødovre 3-4; 1-0 Thomas Spelling(Morten Madsen), 2-1 Patrick Bjørkstrand(Frederik Storm, Jesper Jensen), 3-4 Morten Madsen(Julian Jakobsen)

May 3rd Belarus - Denmark in Minsk 2-5; 2-1 Nicklas Jensen, 4-2 Phillip Brugisser

Patrick Bjørkstrand: 3+1=4
Mads Christensen: 2+1=3
Frederik Storm: 2+1=3
Morten Madsen: 1+2=3
Emil Kristensen: 1+1=2
Julian Jakobsen: 1+1=2
Sonny Hertzberg: 0+1=1
Morten Green: 0+1=1
Jesper B. Jensen: 1+0=1
Morten Poulsen: 0+1=1
Thomas Spelling: 1+0=1
Nicklas Jensen: 1+0=1
Phillip Brugisser: 1+0=1

Who's not there:

Player|NHL|Status|AHL|Status|WC
Frans Nielsen |No playoffs||||Injured(Wrist)
Lars Eller |Playoffs|Montreal tied 2-2|||
Peter Regin |Playoffs|Chicago tied 2-2|||
Frederik Andersen |Playoffs|Anaheim tied 2-2|Playoffs||

Nichlas Hardt - Tending his family
Daniel Nielsen - Tending his family
Mads Bødker - IIHF Ban due to some technicality in connection with his transfer from VHL to DEL.
Oliver Bjørkstrand - WHL playoffs/Janne Karlsson not interested
Nikolaj Ehlers - QMJLH playoffs/Janne Karlsson not interested

Everybody else seems to be healthy.

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Based on the four worst teams in Denmark + half the European guys. Some of these guys are just warm bodies. When you pick warm bodies the policy from Karlsson clearly seems to be aimed at the future more than quality in practice now. Martin Jørgensen, Søren Nielsen, Rasmus Lyø, Martin Larsen, Anders Krogsgaard, Morten Jensen and Søren Nielsen are there because they might someday be relevant to the coach. Most/some of those guys will most likely be send home well before the first test against Czech Republic.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of bringing in younger more hungry guys or if I had gone with some older more qualified guys that'll properly never be relevant to this team. Just of the top of my head: Olafur Gunnarsson, Philip Hersby, Kasper Gommesen, Lasse Holdgaard, Nicolaj Rosenthal, Tobias Kisum, Christoffer Lindhøj and Felix Scheel might be disappointed.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Based on the four worst teams in Denmark + half the European guys. Some of these guys are just warm bodies. When you pick warm bodies the policy from Karlsson clearly seems to be aimed at the future more than quality in practice now. Martin Jørgensen, Søren Nielsen, Rasmus Lyø, Martin Larsen, Anders Krogsgaard, Morten Jensen and Søren Nielsen are there because they might someday be relevant to the coach. Most/some of those guys will most likely be send home well before the first test against Czech Republic.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of bringing in younger more hungry guys or if I had gone with some older more qualified guys that'll properly never be relevant to this team. Just of the top of my head: Olafur Gunnarsson, Philip Hersby, Kasper Gommesen, Lasse Holdgaard, Nicolaj Rosenthal, Tobias Kisum, Christoffer Lindhøj and Felix Scheel might be disappointed.

I would say that Nikolaj Rosenthal has produced well for Danish bottom teams (15 goals for Rungsted this season) and especially Felix Scheel would have been interesting.
Philip Hersby does have NT experience, (but has been injured), but should still be more in line than some other chosen D-men for this WC. If the Lauridsen brothers stay injured shouldn't he be in the roster or at least close to it?

But if the coach feel that "these guys are the future" I can understand the choice - but he can see most of them to U18 & U20 games?

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Yeah him and Gunnarsson I'd have no trouble giving a call but looking at the D only three strikes me as "free-rides". Lyø, Martin Larsen and Korgsgaard. Those three will(knock on wood) be replaced by Daniel Nielsen, Jesper B. Jensen and Philip Larsen. And even then rest still have to compete with the likes of Kasper Jensen, Simon Grøvaldt, Michael Eskesen, Anders Overmark, Rasmus Nielsen and even Bjørn Uldall. So he might just not be high on Hersby.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yeah him and Gunnarsson I'd have no trouble giving a call but looking at the D only three strikes me as "free-rides". Lyø, Martin Larsen and Korgsgaard. Those three will(knock on wood) be replaced by Daniel Nielsen, Jesper B. Jensen and Philip Larsen. And even then rest still have to compete with the likes of Kasper Jensen, Simon Grøvaldt, Michael Eskesen, Anders Overmark, Rasmus Nielsen and even Bjørn Uldall. So he might just not be high on Hersby.

Yeah the last roster fillings for d-men is very open especially if both Lauridsens stays injured:
These four are given:
Philip Larsen
Daniel Nielsen
Jesper B Jensen
Stefan Lassen

Then it's quite open. [don't know if Mads Bødker is allowed to play because of this VHL business?]

If both Lauridsens are ready, then there is possibly only 1 spot for all these guys.......though if eligible Mads Bødker doesn't really have a lot of matches lately and might be disregarded because of that.

Emil L. Kristensen was very close last year (lost the 8'th spot to Rasmus Nielsen) and might have become even better in Allsvenskan, so perhaps a favourite for last roster spot?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I love Frederik Storm.

Yeah his hat trick for Malmø certainly must help in that regard! He should also be quite possible for a quite good 4'th line with Patrick Bjørkstrand and perhaps Morten Green as center, depending on how many NHL forwards comes over for WC.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Update on possible additions:

Goalie Sebastian Dahm, D-man Marco Illemann and forward Jannik Karvinen joined from Rødovre.

Looks like the semifinals might be over before to long so names like Mads Bech Christensen, Nicolai Meyer, Nicolai Nørbak, Simon Grønvaldt, Kasper Jensen, Kasper Degn and Steffen Klarskov might pop up. It could all be over tonight. It could go on for another week.

Morten Lie is done i DEL-2. So is Christoffer Kjærgaard but not holding my breath on that one.

Kim Staal: Still going strong with Starbulls Rosenheim. Semifinal-series 1-1. Game 7 is Friday the 11th.

Morten Madsen + Julian Jakobsen + Daniel Nielsen: Hamburg Freezers begins their semifinals tomorrow. Game 4 is Tuesday the 8th. Game 7 the Tuesday the 15th. Freezers won the regular season so they could very well go all the way.

Frederik Storm + Jesper Jensen: Rögle(Jesper Jensen) and Malmo(Frederik Storm) are done by Monday. In their group of 6 teams battling for 2 spots in Elitserien next year Malmö are third - 1 point out - and Rögle are forth - 2 points out. 3 games left. I think.

Simon Nielsen: Lukko will start their semifinals tomorrow. Could go on until next saturday(the 12th).

NHL ends around the 12th(Edmonton)-13th(Islanders, Vancouver). So some of the NHL-guys will get 5 games before the first game. Liking that a lot!!

Last edited:

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Where is a good place to see a calender for the national teams pre-WC schedule? AL-bankligaen.dk used to have a good one, but it doesn't look it was transfered when the site was switched to metalligaen.dk. At least it doesn't look it's being updated anymore.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
The one in OP is put together by different Facebook and Twitter updates. I think it's mostly correct. I haven't been able to find better sources. Please do tell if you find it. Or write to DIU.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
The one in OP is put together by different Facebook and Twitter updates. I think it's mostly correct. I haven't been able to find better sources. Please do tell if you find it. Or write to DIU.

I had forgotten about the OP. Great work, thank you.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Jesper B. Jensen's season is over. Røgle has two matches left(And they have a good chance of making it back to Elitserien next year... despite ending up as #7 in Allsvenskan) but Jesper Jensen has gotten a 5 game suspension which I'm pretty sure doesn't translate to the IIHF-system.

But he could theoretically join Team Denmark as of now.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Jesper B. Jensen's season is over. Røgle has two matches left(And they have a good chance of making it back to Elitserien next year... despite ending up as #7 in Allsvenskan) but Jesper Jensen has gotten a 5 game suspension which I'm pretty sure doesn't translate to the IIHF-system.

But he could theoretically join Team Denmark as of now.

Don't give me a heart attack! I read the first 1½ sentence and thought he got season ending injury!

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Don't give me a heart attack! I read the first 1½ sentence and thought he got season ending injury!

Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif
;)

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark

Hahaha had exactly the same reaction. We need all the defensemen that we can get our hands on. No injuries!

More players needed to fight with Martin Røymark and Tollefsen.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Im beginning to get hyped for the WC. I have expressed my love for this tournament before, and I always get excited when we get near. Yes, its not best on best but this, and the qualifying for the A-Group before hand was really the thing that really kickstarted my hockey interest.

Looks like a pretty good squad this year, and a lot of things could still change. If anaheim goes out in the first round and we get Freddy, then everything can happen. Hope to see us improve on our 2010 tournament

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I've got quite a lot on my plate these days so forgot this...

A) Frederik Storm finished monday.
B) The roster is updated in the OP per info from DIU yesterday. The roster is down to two goalies, Simon Grønvaldt, Jesper B. Jensen and Kasper Jensen has joined the blue line and Steffen Klarskov, Morten Lie, and Anders Schultz has been added to the forwards. Don't know why Stefan Lassen isn't there.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Well if he choses to, you can't really hold anything against him.
But it would be a big loss for the NT......

Indeed nothing you can hold against him. Didn't he get twins earlier in the season, or was it late last season? I've forgot when. Either way he has two young children that you can't fault him for wanting to spend time with, when he spends as much time on the road as NHLers do in the season.
But from a selfish NT point of view, it is indeed a huge loss.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Denmark opened the warm up games with a 4-0(0-0, 3-0, 1-0) loss against Czech Republic. The lines was as follows:

Morten Poulsen-Green-Mads Christensen
Morten Lie-Jesper Jensen-Patrick Bjørkstrand
Mathias Thinnesen-Morten Andreasen-Sebastian Svendsen
Anders Schultz-Kristoffer Lauridsen-Steffen Klarskov

Jannik Christensen-Philip Bruggisser
Jesper B. Jensen-Emil Kristensen
Kasper Jensen-Simon Grønvaldt
Sonny Hertzberg

Galbraith

The Czech goals(Two of them within 1:01 to start the 2nd) were scored by Radil, Ondrej Roman(x2) and Nosek.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Denmark opened the warm up games with a 4-0(0-0, 3-0, 1-0) loss against Czech Republic. The lines was as follows:

Morten Poulsen-Green-Mads Christensen
Morten Lie-Jesper Jensen-Patrick Bjørkstrand
Mathias Thinnesen-Morten Andreasen-Sebastian Svendsen
Anders Schultz-Kristoffer Lauridsen-Steffen Klarskov

Jannik Christensen-Philip Bruggisser
Jesper B. Jensen-Emil Kristensen
Kasper Jensen-Simon Grønvaldt
Sonny Hertzberg

Galbraith

The Czech goals(Two of them within 1:01 to start the 2nd) were scored by Radil, Ondrej Roman(x2) and Nosek.

Wow...thin lines so far. I like the 2nd line.
A lot of players from the danish league so far. How many players who are still playing in their european leagues are we waiting on?

There is quite a few pretty young(early twenties) on the roster. nice to see but thin so far

Where is Stefan Lassen? Have no idea how he done this year but he should be called up no matter what. He usually plays amazing during the WC no matter how he played during the season.

Last edited:

DK Rookie

May 9, 2013
Looking forward to seeing what they can do this year! New coach, system - an olympic year, which could have an effect on the big teams interest/performance?

Forwards, as of today:
Morten Madsen - Frans Nielsen - Nicklas Jensen
Nichlas Hardt - Morten Green - Mads Christensen
Frederik Storm - Julian Jakobsen - Patrick Bjorkstrand
Morten Poulsen - Jesper Jensen - Kim Staal

Success (win a couple of games!) would depend on those second/third liners chipping in. Christensen/Hardt/Jakobsen haven't done that much in the last tournaments (WC and OQ), maybe one of the kids in CHL could get a spot? Jesper Jensen isn't really a shutdown center either, but who is? Not any I would take off for an Danish League centerman. Eller or Regin could join after one round - push Jakobsen/Green down. Mikkel Bødker still in the playoff race, but if PHX is the lowest seed they could be in trouble, would give a solid NHL line - should be some goals off the rush with Franzies transitional play, Bødkers speed and Jensen just scores! (Hopefully). Jannik Hansen would be a huge plus, but understandable if he opts out.

Philip Larsen, Jesper B. Jensen, Markus Lauridsen, Stefan Lassen, Daniel Nielsen, Emil Kristensen, Rasmus Nielsen on defense, Oliver Lauridsen will be with the Flyers? Mads Bødker is ...?

Patrick Galbraith, Simon Nielsen, Sebastian Dahm
Goalies pick themselves. Only four really in the race and with the big guy overthere...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00