2014-2015 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
that 2nd goal was a beauty, great to see. he's got 14 pts in the last 6 games.

It's exciting, yet traumatic. So much potential. My fantasy, Cam Neely.

Realistically, yet hopefully, Peter Mahovlich?

After midnight babbling.... he's so unique in skills, strength and stature. It's so difficult to place him....

Last edited:

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
It's exciting, yet traumatic. So much potential. My fantasy, Cam Neely.

Realistically, yet hopefully, Peter Mahovlich?

After midnight babbling.... he's so unique in skills, strength and stature. It's so difficult to place him....
Eric Lindros...

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
@SNetJunior
OHL News: Oshawa and London deal expected today. Names I've heard involved - Michael McCarron, Clifford Pu, Josh Sterk. - jeff

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Is Oshawa a contender?

For sure. Second best goal differential in the CHL and not leading the east for no reason (although weaker than the west). Expected Oshawa to be more aggressive this season. Word was that they fired their GM for being too passive last year. Will play for a terrific coach in DJ Smith (should get an AHL job soon enough).

For all the size lovers, should make for a good line with Hunter Smith ;).

Complete trade:

@BrownRecord: Oshawa gets Mike McCarron, Dakota Mermis from London for two seconds, a third, Cliff Pu and former Ranger Josh Sterk

Last edited:

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
For sure. Second best goal differential in the CHL and not leading the east for no reason (although weaker than the west). Expected Oshawa to be more aggressive this season. Word was that they fired their GM for being too passive last year. Will play for a terrific coach in DJ Smith (should get an AHL job soon enough).

For all the size lovers, should make for a good line with Hunter Smith ;).

Complete trade:

@BrownRecord: Oshawa gets Mike McCarron, Dakota Mermis from London for two seconds, a third, Cliff Pu and former Ranger Josh Sterk

Oh wow, I wonder how this trade will turn out for McCarron.

Drifting

Apr 15, 2012
So it's ok to talk about Duclair's upside but not Crisp's because Duclair will develop and Crisp won't?

At this point Duclair has only shown flashes like a D'agostini or Palushaj, it proves nothing.

Connor Crisp is playing 4th line AHL at 20 with 2 points in 17 games. D'agostini was almost a point a game in the AHL at 20. D'agostini has over 300 NHL games and over 100 NHL points.

Duclair, D'agostini and Palushaj are inarguably better than Crisp. Crisp having any NHL upside is a reach.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Connor Crisp is playing 4th line AHL at 20 with 2 points in 17 games. D'agostini was almost a point a game in the AHL at 20. D'agostini has over 300 NHL games and over 100 NHL points.

Duclair, D'agostini and Palushaj are inarguably better than Crisp. Crisp having any NHL upside is a reach.

Not everybody is going to put up points in the NHL. D'Agostini, Palushaj have to put up points if they're in the NHL, because they don't have many other assets. Crisp has those assets that can lead to an NHL career without having to be on the scoresheet every night.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Cory Locke was a point machine and barely got a sniff in the NHL, not predicting who's gonna make it and who won't but you can't just base it on points, of course it helps but it don't garantee anything. Maybe when they put him on a more offensive role you'll see a different type of player

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Cory Locke was a point machine and barely got a sniff in the NHL, not predicting who's gonna make it and who won't but you can't just base it on points, of course it helps but it don't garantee anything. Maybe when they put him on a more offensive role you'll see a different type of player
Player like Connor Crisp are a dime dozen too... Look at Ryan White or Greg Stewart they never achieved much with the habs. Duclair unlike Locke has all the physical tools to have a bigger impact at the NHL level.
The only down I have on Duclair is his tendency to play on the perimeter and to not drive the net.
It's just sad to see such a talented local player passed over so many times by the habs brass.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Player like Connor Crisp are a dime dozen too... Look at Ryan White or Greg Stewart they never achieved much with the habs. Duclair unlike Locke has all the physical tools to have a bigger impact at the NHL level.
The only down I have on Duclair is his tendency to play on the perimeter and to not drive the net.
It's just sad to see such a talented local player passed over so many times by the habs brass.

White was very quickly becoming our Prust before we signed Prust until injuries derailed him and then Therrien leashed him.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
White was very quickly becoming our Prust before we signed Prust until injuries derailed him and then Therrien leashed him.

yeah White was playing good hockey. Just had that bad stretch of really bad penalties than he lost his edge. Too bad. Loved White.

PricePkPatch*

Hey guys.

F Gauthier vs. J De La Rose

Which would you prefer?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Not every player develops at the same pace or adjusts to a new level as quickly. I can name hundreds of examples of players that had fasters starts to their junior careers than Lucic Bergeron and others.

Crisp showed last year he could score and be a consistant offensive contributor, he's a young guy adapting to a higher level, sometimes it takes a half year to a full year.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Talent has never been the issue with Duclair, all 30 NHL teams knew that, it's his softness and questionable work ethic that dropped him to the 3rd round.

I'll give Crisp a couple more years before limiting him to a 4th line role player, obviously Timmins and co saw more than that from him, drafting him in the 3rd round with less than eye popping stats.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
It's sure nice as a Hab fan to know there is a balance of player prospects in the system, unlike the past two decades. Now the big physical prospects actually have the skating and abilities to play against NHL types, with AHL development time they can be productive NHLers with a career. Instead of being thugs with no hockey talents, so to speak like many teams call enforcers/goons or worse. The Habs have now drafted some very good talented physical prospects, that will blend well with our playmaking draftees forming depth with physicality on each line, a true sign of a Championship contending team. (Especially when the playoffs run four rounds of best of seven game series):nod:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Wow those goals were beauties. That 2nd one?!?!

The thing that impressive with McCarron's points is 95% of them are finesse plays. It's not like he's just banging in rebounds from 5 feet and always getting secondary assists, a lot of his points are skill plays. As he keeps growing physically and incorporating more power into his game in the pros, he should be able to score in variety of ways.

Will be interesting to see how fast he adapts to the pro game next year...

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Wooow, I think I threw up in my mouth. Seriously, goes downhill for you each post you write. Through NHL break, some players played there. Can you imagine someone even considering AHL or or those beer leagues to keep in form?

Really? Why don't you think about it for a sec.

The Czech Republic and Slovakia produce some good players but quantity isn't exactly their strong suit. When you subtract all the Czech & Slovak players who have moved to the NHL (and AHL), to the KHL, to the CHL, the Swedish, Finnish and Swiss leagues what exactly do you have left that can play in that Czech league? Junior players and over the hill players and wannabes.

Weise played in the Dutch league during the lock out, I guess we should start considering that league as a top league now.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Hey guys.

F Gauthier vs. J De La Rose

Which would you prefer?

No doubt Jacob De La Rose…He has offensive upside that Gauthier doesn't have. IMO. I'm never impressed when I watch Gauthier play…but again, that's my personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad