2014-2015 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004

Sounds about right.

Nope he is a cancer he hates groulx he hates NA he doesnt want the cup hes a midget hes selfish hes a POS tiny euro who cares about his country more than a team from across the sea :rant:HFBOARDS!!!!:rant:

Every quote and everything I've seen from him has been positive and totally antithesis to what I've heard here, I like it. Also said he wants his next hat trick in a Habs jersey and how cool it was to play in MTL. Gave props to Groulx for being a great coach since he left NA to make some more cash for his family. I think some people thought his congrats was sarcastic, I cannot imagine :laugh: but maybe I'm the nutter.

He'll need a lot of work in every department aside from his silky silky mitts and super hockey IQ. I love smart players, no doubt in my mind he sees the game ahead of a lot of other players. His passes are often of the 'wow' variety, so quick and subtle and accurate. Even last night giving up that empty net on a real nice flip pass, sharing the trophy with all his teammates, being Captain of a team that far exceeded expectations and being in on like 75% of their goals. That aint too shabby. But he definitely is small, and seems super offense oriented. Still, that skill and those hands are well worth a draft pick IMO.

All I hope for Reway at this point is he gives NA another shot (or NA gives him one, two way street there) and commits, but I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to stay close to home, make more money right now, but it seems he is at least partially interested and didn't just run away with his tail between his legs cause he couldn't play defense and is a locker room cancer or whatever.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Nope he is a cancer he hates groulx he hates NA he doesnt want the cup hes a midget hes selfish hes a POS tiny euro who cares about his country more than a team from across the sea :rant:HFBOARDS!!!!:rant:

Every quote and everything I've seen from him has been positive and totally antithesis to what I've heard here, I like it. Also said he wants his next hat trick in a Habs jersey and how cool it was to play in MTL. Gave props to Groulx for being a great coach since he left NA to make some more cash for his family. I think some people thought his congrats was sarcastic, I cannot imagine :laugh: but maybe I'm the nutter.

He'll need a lot of work in every department aside from his silky silky mitts and super hockey IQ. I love smart players, no doubt in my mind he sees the game ahead of a lot of other players. His passes are often of the 'wow' variety, so quick and subtle and accurate. Even last night giving up that empty net on a real nice flip pass, sharing the trophy with all his teammates, being Captain of a team that far exceeded expectations and being in on like 75% of their goals. That aint too shabby. But he definitely is small, and seems super offense oriented. Still, that skill and those hands are well worth a draft pick IMO.

All I hope for Reway at this point is he gives NA another shot (or NA gives him one, two way street there) and commits, but I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to stay close to home, make more money right now, but it seems he is at least partially interested and didn't just run away with his tail between his legs cause he couldn't play defense and is a locker room cancer or whatever.

I don't see any evidence of a high hockey iq.....quite the contrary. He is an absolute turn over machine and tries foolish low percentage passes that a high hockey iq would recognize as being a poor play. I think you are confusing his recklessness with intelligence. Nazem Kadri is very similar in this sense as he is a dumb player who tries silly tricks. If his occassional success makes him a genious then wouldn't his common failures by the same token make him an idiot?

I don't see a successful NHL future for Reway at all as I have seen many of his kind before. His silly junior tricks will not work in the NHL. I would love nothing more than to be wrong and hope he turns into a great Hab but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
"Ruined players stay ruined. Not saying he was the next Ovechkin, but his stint in Hamilton pretty much killed his career."

"He literally was better in the KHL at 18 years old than before reaching Hamilton and returning to KHL. Pretty easy to see someone's career was ruined."

It's just as ludicrous to blame "Hamilton" the city as Lefebvre. If they are blaming previous coaching staff and Lefebvre in conjunction then its still a very valid point to say "Here's a thought, maybe, just maybe, Avtsin was a project that the Gainey staff took a chance on and it didn't work out. Lefebvre OR HAMILTON has practically nothing to do with his busting. And his KHL record shows he was a long shot."

I didn't mean Hamilton the city, I meant the Hamilton Bulldogs organisation. Playing for several coaches that always had a very short leash on him, Lefevbre included, did not help his development. Add to this the lackluster veteran leadership in Hamilton during those years (except when Henry was there) and you don't have the best developing environment.

kernkraft

Jul 8, 2006
Kanata
LucGelinasRDS: RT @jfplante_Droit: Dernier RT Martin Reway pourrait revenir dans la #LHJMQ. Les @monctonwildcats en négos avec le #CH et lui. Gros coup. #ledroit

Translation:
Martin Reway could return to the LHJMQ. The Moncton Wildcats are negotiating with the Habs and him (Reway). Big move.

Last edited:

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Stéphane Leroux saying it's unlikely Reway comes over. Martin's first choice would be to go to Moncton but his club doesn't have to release him if they don't want to. Habs would have to be involved as he can only leave his club for the NHL and no other league. Has to happen before January 10.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I don't see any evidence of a high hockey iq.....quite the contrary. He is an absolute turn over machine and tries foolish low percentage passes that a high hockey iq would recognize as being a poor play. I think you are confusing his recklessness with intelligence. Nazem Kadri is very similar in this sense as he is a dumb player who tries silly tricks. If his occassional success makes him a genious then wouldn't his common failures by the same token make him an idiot?

I don't see a successful NHL future for Reway at all as I have seen many of his kind before. His silly junior tricks will not work in the NHL. I would love nothing more than to be wrong and hope he turns into a great Hab but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

His turnovers are not on dumb plays, they are as a result of trying to create things offensively. Galchenyuk and others do the same.

He may or may not be a future NHLer, but if there is one thing he doesn't lack it's hockey IQ. My main concern is, is he willing to get his hands dirty more? The game he plays in junior/WJHC he won't be able to cheat on offense like that in the NHL...however, many have adjusted and had successful careers.

At this point he is a low risk high reward prospect.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
His turnovers are not on dumb plays, they are as a result of trying to create things offensively. Galchenyuk and others do the same.

He may or may not be a future NHLer, but if there is one thing he doesn't lack it's hockey IQ. My main concern is, is he willing to get his hands dirty more? The game he plays in junior/WJHC he won't be able to cheat on offense like that in the NHL...however, many have adjusted and had successful careers.

At this point he is a low risk high reward prospect.

You can teach defense, but you can't teach offence, Reway's got sick hands, great hockey IQ, sometimes I believe his turnovers are mainly created from trying to do too much from a lack of talent on his team, what concerns me is his size, will he be able to handle the grind of an entire NHL season.....others of similar size have, here's hoping he can too

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
You can teach defense, but you can't teach offence, Reway's got sick hands, great hockey IQ, sometimes I believe his turnovers are mainly created from trying to do too much from a lack of talent on his team, what concerns me is his size, will he be able to handle the grind of an entire NHL season.....others of similar size have, here's hoping he can too

Should be a no brainer for the Habs to give him an ELC. Maybe he'll bust, but too much talent to lose him for nothing.

[Tweet]552729389759475712[/Tweet]

Case closed if there were still any doubts.

That means nothing, might be just damage control to his team and fans. Fact is there have between talks but he has a 2 year deal and the team doesn't want to let him go. Leroux has said it's a 10% chance.

I think if he stays there the Habs have until June 2017 to sign him, if he comes back they have only 5 months.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

It's not low hockey IQ. I think it's the fact his teammates were not at his level. When he plays with men, he's productive. He needs to work on consistency and strength, but otherwise, he's quite the intelligent player.

And despite his "recklessness", he was still the offensive leader on his team and captained them to their 2nd ever medal, with 3 assists against a far superior team (on paper).

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I just worry about what incentive he'll *ever* have to put in the requisite time in the AHL. Granted, a pro salary on a 2-way NHL ELC is still better than playing junior hockey. Maybe they can give him enough of a signing bonus to go with the $70k he makes in the minors to make it worth his while? What is that, like ~$160k total? That's about what De La Rose got. I'm not sure what players make in the Czech league, but with how well he's doing there are some Euro circuits where he can top that. I don't see him as the kind of player who steps seamlessly from Europe to the NHL, he is still going to need to commit to further development in the minors in all likelihood, and that might be difficult for him to do once he is an established star back home. (And I wouldn't blame him).

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

Didn't realize he was having such a poor offensive season. I don't think the Habs drafted him for his offense anyway but 1g 0a in 30 games in the USHL is kind of surprising. Best +/- on the team at +11 though....

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Is this sarcasm? What's wrong with what he said..

What if he legit likes Groulx but thought it was best for him to move on to a mens league. Some people get way too caught up into the Europe vs North America debate

Yeah sorry haha that was sarcasm I just don't like how OUR OWN fans crap on reway, it's a little sad and annoying

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Didn't realize he was having such a poor offensive season. I don't think the Habs drafted him for his offense anyway but 1g 0a in 30 games in the USHL is kind of surprising. Best +/- on the team at +11 though....

I was wondering about him a couple of weeks ago and his lack of production ,saw that he was leading the team in +/- by a fair margin and figured he must be doing ok. Since I don't get to see any USHL games I'm at a complete loss as to whether he's actually playing good or not. He's getting traded to one of the worst teams in the league which I guess isn't a good sign but then again I haven't seen the guy play since the prospect camp stream. He showed some athletic potential at the camp, that's about all I know :huh:

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
I was wondering about him a couple of weeks ago and his lack of production ,saw that he was leading the team in +/- by a fair margin and figured he must be doing ok. Since I don't get to see any USHL games I'm at a complete loss as to whether he's actually playing good or not. He's getting traded to one of the worst teams in the league which I guess isn't a good sign but then again I haven't seen the guy play since the prospect camp stream. He showed some athletic potential at the camp, that's about all I know :huh:

Maybe the fact that he has a college commitment for next season already in place the Stampede are probably going in a different direction needing a defenceman beyond this year.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Scherbak scores off the faceoff. Extends his point streak to 9 games and moves up to 6th in WHL point leaders

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Holy crap are the SSM Greyhounds loading up. They got Justin Bailey and Nick Ritchie today and are expected to get De Angelo as well. Kind of glad McCarron was traded to the Eastern Conference now.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Still....this is a mind puzzling pick. Either Timmins and Co will be geniuses...or while it's "just" a 5th rounder, will come out as a bad pick from the get go.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Still....this is a mind puzzling pick. Either Timmins and Co will be geniuses...or while it's "just" a 5th rounder, will come out as a bad pick from the get go.

he's got a long road in front of him, wish he would change schools since he's going to such a weak conference but at least the Habs have a very long time before he needs to be signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad