2014-2015 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Ruined players stay ruined. Not saying he was the next Ovechkin, but his stint in Hamilton pretty much killed his career.

I think Reway making the NHL is entire dependent on Lefebvre being gone and someone who will work with young guys being brought in. Lefebvre's solution to everything is scratch young guys or break up chemistry for old guys. It would just end in another Avtsin situation where he'd score a goal have an assist an show chemistry with someone then he'd be scratched 10 games because he didn't backcheck. Then he'd be brought back in the lineup to play on the fourth line and be scratched for not putting up points there.

He literally was better in the KHL at 18 years old than before reaching Hamilton and returning to KHL. Pretty easy to see someone's career was ruined. ;)

Avtsin's record in the KHL
09-10 30g 3g 6a 9p

Avstin's record in the AHL
10-11 58g 5goals 15 a 20p
11-12 63g 6goals 8a 14p
12-13 15g 2goals 3a 5p

Lefebvre joined the Dogs in the 12-13 season. Yeah, he really did a number on Avtsin's career.

Sometimes if you want to grind an ax you should find the grind and the ax before you start. In other words do some research.

Here's a thought, maybe, just maybe, Avtsin was a project that the Gainey staff took a chance on and it didn't work out. Lefebvre has practically nothing to do with his busting. And his KHL record shows he was a long shot.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Nobody said Lefebvre specifically ruined Avtsin.

his handling of Avtsin was very odd. Not that I liked what I saw from Avtsin, as he just couldn't put it all together but he did start playing well when he was paired with Leblanc but then he split them up and benched Avtsin for long periods.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004

"Ruined players stay ruined. Not saying he was the next Ovechkin, but his stint in Hamilton pretty much killed his career."

"He literally was better in the KHL at 18 years old than before reaching Hamilton and returning to KHL. Pretty easy to see someone's career was ruined."

It's just as ludicrous to blame "Hamilton" the city as Lefebvre. If they are blaming previous coaching staff and Lefebvre in conjunction then its still a very valid point to say "Here's a thought, maybe, just maybe, Avtsin was a project that the Gainey staff took a chance on and it didn't work out. Lefebvre OR HAMILTON has practically nothing to do with his busting. And his KHL record shows he was a long shot."

his handling of Avtsin was very odd. Not that I liked what I saw from Avtsin, as he just couldn't put it all together but he did start playing well when he was paired with Leblanc but then he split them up and benched Avtsin for long periods.

Yeah I saw Avtsin a few times, he looked very very raw and was not effective in the few viewings I had in Hamilton only. I remember the insane hype from a bunch of people who probably did not see him play and I got kinda sucked into that but seeing him was nothing like the hype. Maybe he is just one of those guys who looks much better against younger players and can't bring the pro game.

So tired of the simplistic 'blame the coach if they don't work out, give credit to the player only if they do' mentality that often pervades, too easy. Humans are quite complex believe it or not, have entirely unique histories, present situations, brain chemistry, motivations, skills, bodies, I mean I just don't buy the confidence in calling player development as if its this line from start to finish. I don't know the Avtsin exposé story. But there are a **** ton of reasons he could have busted or not panned out. Hardly even fair to say bust considering his past.

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Here's a thought, maybe it's both the player ability and the development path. Kinda silly to act like the writing is in the stars whether a player will become a NHLer. External influence has a huge part in a human's development...

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Lefebvre is awful, point finale.

On a sidenote, Reway said this on his Twitter: "@rewy77: congrats to benoit groux to win #wjc he is such a great coach !"

What a f***ing arrogant pr**k, hope he never joins the Habs. :shakehead

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

On a sidenote, Reway said this on his Twitter: "@rewy77: congrats to benoit groux to win #wjc he is such a great coach !"

What a F***ing arrogant pr**k, hope he never joins the Habs. :shakehead

maybe Reway's an avid reader of this site and is just trying to dispel every question mark we've ever had about his attitude, hahaha. tweets about it being a team game, find out he went played pro to support his family, now this. lol.

I don't think he's the enfant terrible some have made him out to be. All he really has to do is move his feet a bit more. He stepped it up when the chips were down big time and lead his team to a huge win. All he does is produce. But I can still see instances where his game won't translate IMO. Such a coin flip for me. I do like him and I think he's 55/45 in favor of making it. Hugely impressed by his D game which is definitely going to help him.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal

Is this sarcasm? What's wrong with what he said..

What if he legit likes Groulx but thought it was best for him to move on to a mens league. Some people get way too caught up into the Europe vs North America debate

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
Anyone know why Hayden Hawkey's stats are **** this season compared to last year?

He was stellar is rookie season in the USHL..

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal

Remember the 10 cents of Patrick Kane in Buffalo?

That was pretty arrogant.

He probably paid the taxi driver a ******** of money so that he can get away with it. Taxi driver appeared once in front of cameras and we never heard about him.
So there was a confidentiality agreement...

Would like to have Groulx perspective on Reway.
Any link or source?

Corax

May 1, 2007
Really? Why don't you think about it for a sec.

The Czech Republic and Slovakia produce some good players but quantity isn't exactly their strong suit. When you subtract all the Czech & Slovak players who have moved to the NHL (and AHL), to the KHL, to the CHL, the Swedish, Finnish and Swiss leagues what exactly do you have left that can play in that Czech league? Junior players and over the hill players and wannabes.

Weise played in the Dutch league during the lock out, I guess we should start considering that league as a top league now.

ECHL are AHL wannabes. AHL is used for European juniors to pump the muscle up, whatever way they do it there, and get used to shorter reaction time due to rink size.

If European player does not make NHL team within 5 years, they move to better league in Europe.

Slovak league is out of question because there is no money there. Slovaks play in Sweden, KHL or Czech league. Swiss league is not popular among Slovaks or Czechs. In 2010 NY Rangers played Sparta Prag and won 2:0. This was the worst Prag team in years and they ended up 12th out of 15 teams.

Ryan Hollweg does not even have permanent spot on roster in Czech league team anh he was tearing it up in WHL.

That is some facts you can use as reference. Those xxxHL leagues are out of question. Some people argue about quality of AHL compared to top Euro leagues and that might be a reasonable debate.
But here some older link:

http://www.eurohockey.com/article/1719-ahl-players-move-off-to-europe.html

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Then you may want to rewrite this post. As it is written it appears you're blaming Lefebvre for Avtsin's bust.

I think Reway making the NHL is entire dependent on Lefebvre being gone and someone who will work with young guys being brought in. Lefebvre's solution to everything is scratch young guys or break up chemistry for old guys. It would just end in another Avtsin situation where he'd score a goal have an assist an show chemistry with someone then he'd be scratched 10 games because he didn't backcheck. Then he'd be brought back in the lineup to play on the fourth line and be scratched for not putting up points there.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Then you may want to rewrite this post. As it is written it appears you're blaming Lefebvre for Avtsin's bust.

Oh ya!!!:yo:

This is like an episode of "Cheaters", where your GF ask you if you've been cheating, you tell her "no" and then the camera crew comes out to confront you with the video proof. :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Anthony Duclair is being sent back to the Quebec Remparts (re: BobbyMac twitter). It should be interesting to see what he and Fucale can do together in Quebec.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Anthony Duclair is being sent back to the Quebec Remparts (re: BobbyMac twitter). It should be interesting to see what he and Fucale can do together in Quebec.

Should be a very strong lineup (especially if Donaghey can come back healthy. Haven't heard back from the injury).

... Remparts just traded McQuaid for Lovell so,

Timashov - Roy - Duclair
Tkachev - Etchegary - Erne
Gauthier - Carozza - Verrier
Cuomo - Hébert - Moody

Brouillard - Donaghey
Murphy - Graves
Maheux - Lovell

Fucale
Booth

Last edited:

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
@stephanpaquette
Les @monctonwildcats confirment qu'ils sont en pourparlers avec Martin Reway, qui appartient à @CanadiensMTL. Détails dans @acadienouvelle

@anthonymarcotte
C'est plus qu'une anguille, selon la direction des Cats. La balle semble dans le camp du CH

Wildcats talking to Reway. Apparently up to Habs to decide.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
@stephanpaquette
Les @monctonwildcats confirment qu'ils sont en pourparlers avec Martin Reway, qui appartient à @CanadiensMTL. Détails dans @acadienouvelle

Wildcats talking to Reway

Great news. I'd like to see what he could do now in the CHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->