2014-2015 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Must have changed one of the goals to him. Insane, hes producing really well as a freshman. I loved the 7th round pick but never thought he'd produce this early

It started when I bashed him....obviously. :laugh:

Awesome production so far. Greatest looking 7th rounder since Sergei Kostitsyn in 2005. Tons of things to work on though, one of which would be strength and becoming bigger, if possible.

Locks

May 28, 2005
You say you watched him for two years, and this is an actual conclusion that you came to? How could anyone take you seriously about the kid after something like this?

Reway is so much faster and shiftier than Desharnais, I can't for the life of me understand how you'd think otherwise, and they literally play nothing alike! Reway has no problem attacking the defense and scoring, DD would never try that! He'd hold the puck and look to pass. Reway can pass as well and has hands that DD could only dream of.

Literally the only thing DD has on Reway, is work ethic on the ice, and that may be the most important thing. IMO that's the only thing that will stop Reway from being the next Johnny Gaudreau in the NHL.

Very good post. I can't believe people posting stuff like that about Reway. I'd say even passing is superior to that of DD as Reway can throw those long passes going full flight. A dynamic offensive player in my book. It remains to be seen if he matures and rounds out his game but his talent is undeniable.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
You say you watched him for two years, and this is an actual conclusion that you came to? How could anyone take you seriously about the kid after something like this?

Before you go insulting people maybe you should do a little bit of research. Then you could fool us into thinking you know what you're talking about. Go look at Desharnais's junior, ECHL and AHL stats before he teamed up with Patches. He puts Reway's stats in the garbage.

Actually, I was doing a disservice to DD when I compared him to Reway. DD made it to the NHL. Reway never will.

DD had to change because the game he played didn't translate to the nHL. Reway has shown he won't even listen to a coach that asks him to play a little defence. I doubt he'll change his game.

But on this board, prospects are like new born babies. They're all beautiful and they all have unlimited potential until real life confronts them.

Last edited:

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Before you go insulting people maybe you should do a little bit of research. Then you could fool us into thinking you know what you're talking about. Go look at Desharnais's junior, ECHL and AHL stats before he teamed up with Patches. He puts Reway's stats in the garbage.

Actually, I was doing a disservice to DD when I compared him to Reway. DD made it to the NHL. Reway never will.

DD had to change because the game he played didn't translate to the nHL. Reway has shown he won't even listen to a coach that asks him to play a little defence. I doubt he'll change his game.

But on this board, prospects are like new born babies. They're all beautiful and they all have unlimited potential until real life confronts them.

Your point fails immediately as 2 seconds of research would tell you the year after Desharnais should've been drafted, he put up 1.42 PPG, Reway put up 1.44. That's all the comparable stats we have at the moment (and the year of their respective drafts where Reway was above 1 PPG, and Desharnais wasn't). Desharnais didn't "put Reway's stats in the garbage."

I'm sure the rest of your post is downhill from there, I stopped reading.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
God I have never seen someone bash a prospect so hard, wow.

McCarron's goal today was filthy. Came down the right wing on the pp, took a cross ice pass from Rupert, and when you though he had no room, tucked it right underneath the bar short side. Beautiful shot. He also scored in the shootout, but they didn't show a replay so I wasn't able to dissect the play. Here's the video: http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/video/index/id/fbd6fb125fa4342febb4db76bf86b3b7

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Must have changed one of the goals to him. Insane, hes producing really well as a freshman. I loved the 7th round pick but never thought he'd produce this early

I could be wrong but I can't remember any of our NCAA forward prospects produce like that as a freshman. Let alone one picked in the 7th round.

Has anybody seen him? I remember reading one of those brief talent analysis bits and he sounded pretty unimpressive.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Your point fails immediately as 2 seconds of research would tell you the year after Desharnais should've been drafted, he put up 1.42 PPG, Reway put up 1.44. That's all the comparable stats we have at the moment (and the year of their respective drafts where Reway was above 1 PPG, and Desharnais wasn't). Desharnais didn't "put Reway's stats in the garbage."

I'm sure the rest of your post is downhill from there, I stopped reading.

The only fail is you, bud, twisting stats to fit your agenda.

DD
juniors had point totals of 51, 97, 118 & 108
echl 106
AHL 58, 78

Reway
junior 50, 62
in the czech league 21 in 23 games (I'll bet you the ECHL is a superior league to that czech league)

DD's numbers reveal a player that could sustain his production over a whole season. Not like Reway who is a part time player. On top of that he left The Q because he couldn't change his spoiled attitude to the game so he went to a small pond where he'd be a big fish.

And the cherry on top of this cake: DD plays in the NHL. Let's see if Reway makes it that far.

Last edited:

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

DD
echl 106
AHL 58, 78

Reway
junior 47, 43

in the czech league 21 in 23 games (I'll bet you the ECHL is a superior league to that czech league)

DD's numbers reveal a player that could sustain his production over a whole season. Not like Reway who is a part time player. On top of that he left The Q because he couldn't change his spoiled attitude to the game so he went to a small pond where he'd be a big fish.

And the cherry on top of this cake: DD plays in the NHL. Let's see if Reway makes it that far.

Not to nitpick, but those are the amount of games he played. He had 50 and 62 points. Not to disagree with you as i'm not sure I see Reway in the NHL anytime soon, but there's no denying the talent. I wouldn't exactly compare him to DD, but there are some similarities and some differences. Desharnais worked his ass off to get where his is, and i'm not sure Reway has the same drive. Lets see him prove us wrong.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Not to nitpick, but those are the amount of games he played. He had 50 and 62 points. Not to disagree with you as i'm not sure I see Reway in the NHL anytime soon, but there's no denying the talent. I wouldn't exactly compare him to DD, but there are some similarities and some differences. Desharnais worked his ass off to get where his is, and i'm not sure Reway has the same drive. Lets see him prove us wrong.

Like you say Frank, DD definitely paid his dues to get into the NHL, and Reway while very talented is questionable as to his drive to become the best he can become.(Or NHL type talent, complete game not showboat.):nod:

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I don't profess to have an "informed opinion", but just seeing Reway a handful of times and following the buzz, I would lean toward the "he's not going to get a sniff of the NHL" side of the argument. Does seem like a nifty showboat kind of player, seems like a good bet for a nice career in Europe, though. :dunno:

Nothing wrong with that. I like the philosophy of picking a skill guy late in the draft.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I'm starting to like the Jake Evans pick, I didn't really know what to think before. He's our youngest prospect and he's producing at above a .5 ppg clip as a freshman in the NCAA. He's definitely a longshot to make it but he's doing a lot of things right.

Analyzer*

DD
echl 106
AHL 58, 78

Reway
junior 47, 43

LOLOLOLOL.

You were doing so well, then added this crap in.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

You're right. I mistyped. It is 50 & 62.

I guess he decided to underline my point in yesterday's game. Where the rest of his team left everything they had on the ice - especially their goalie Godla - Reway was a disinterested bystander. He put in the same kind of performance against Team Canada.

Although I think his attitude is his worst enemy he also doesn't have that top gear needed.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I don't profess to have an "informed opinion", but just seeing Reway a handful of times and following the buzz, I would lean toward the "he's not going to get a sniff of the NHL" side of the argument. Does seem like a nifty showboat kind of player, seems like a good bet for a nice career in Europe, though. :dunno:

Nothing wrong with that. I like the philosophy of picking a skill guy late in the draft.

I think that stuff gets overplayed. His work ethic and habits improved immensely after he was drafted and he had a strong year at 18. I wouldn't put too much stock with his tiff with Groulx, this is pretty common in Gatineau and a lot of players don't respond well to it.

He isn't a lock to make it as an NHLer, but his agility, hands and hockey sense are all excellent, so I'd be shocked if he never gets a sniff, especially if he comes to play in the AHL next year or the following one. His skillset is similar to Hudon's.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Dalton Thrower has played 2 ECHL games, one assist, plus three and a fight. I predict he gets the call before the 10 game mark to the AHL. A lot of folks know little about him but eventually he will be knocking on the door to Montreal.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
I think that stuff gets overplayed. His work ethic and habits improved immensely after he was drafted and he had a strong year at 18. I wouldn't put too much stock with his tiff with Groulx, this is pretty common in Gatineau and a lot of players don't respond well to it.

He isn't a lock to make it as an NHLer, but his agility, hands and hockey sense are all excellent, so I'd be shocked if he never gets a sniff, especially if he comes to play in the AHL next year or the following one. His skillset is similar to Hudon's.

offensively yes, But hudon has always and will always be more defensively sound then Reway.

Reway is more explosive then Hudon though. It's all out of attack vs 2 way player.

that said, Reway has always been very good here on the big ice.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Dalton Thrower has played 2 ECHL games, one assist, plus three and a fight. I predict he gets the call before the 10 game mark to the AHL. A lot of folks know little about him but eventually he will be knocking on the door to Montreal.

I keep forgetting about him. Hope he can put it together. That rough year after he was drafted and this injury are definitely hurdles

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
offensively yes, But hudon has always and will always be more defensively sound then Reway.

Reway is more explosive then Hudon though. It's all out of attack vs 2 way player.

that said, Reway has always been very good here on the big ice.

He has the tools to be very good defensively like Datsyuk does.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004

First, sorry I didn't mean to insult you, just that post! You can't expect to make such an outlandsih claim like "Reway reminds me of a DD with a bad attitude and without the speed", and not expect to get called on it.

Second, you picked the wrong guy to call out on DD. I used to watch him play summer hockey against a friend of mine pretty regularly growing up. I remember him and his boy Maxime Boisclaire(I think TB drafted him) straight dominating certain tournaments! So I know how skilled DD is/was, but Reway is better, and more relevant to your original comment, Reway is faster!

No denying Reway needs to round his game out, as he is a total enigma out there sometimes, but my God, that talent and speed!

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Thrower has low end IQ in his zone and he makes a lot of dumb mistakes. I don't see much of an NHL future for him and the injury makes it worse. I watched him a lot while he played in Saskatoon, likely nothing more than another Morgan Ellis - lots of hype but little development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad