WJC: 2014 — Canada Roster Talk (Pt. IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyersFan18

Aug 24, 2009
This team is a GREAT team when they play with urgency. When they sit back and let the other team dictate the play they and the goalie get exposed time after time. Its time to start using offensive as a means to defence. This team has a high hockey IQ and they move the puck well.. it's time they start using it to their advantage.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Just heard Ray Ferraro on a radio - he thinks that Pouliot and Ekbland are gonna stay together, while G.Reinhart should play with Dumba.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Petan is a guy who fully deserved a top 6 spot coming into the tournament. One of the best scorer's in the CHL period.

Obviously the first two games he was extremely mediocre, and even for lots of today, but he stepped up when it mattered. Obviously with Horvat struggling a bit, we need Petan to produce.

And IMO, next year he is going to rip things up, definitely one of those guys who will come back a lot faster and stronger

If Petan had played the first 3 games the exact same way and his teammates had buried half of the golden opportunities that he set them up for (think Bigras against Czech, 2 Drouin chances against Germany, a few Rychel chances against Germany, Lazar in the slot today, and many others) everyone would be praising him and he'd be near the top of tournament scoring. He's been setting up great scoring chances left and right and has been extremely unfortunate that none of them have went in. I'd say today was his weakest game, and even then I don't think he's warranted the type of criticism that he's gotten. Where's the Rychel hate? He's been terrible.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Just heard Ray Ferraro on a radio - he thinks that Pouliot and Ekbland are gonna stay together, while G.Reinhart should play with Dumba.

Nah. I think it'd be best for Canada if they put Morrisey with Reinhart and just rode that Top-4 as much as possible. Will they though? That's another story.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If Petan had played the first 3 games the exact same way and his teammates had buried half of the golden opportunities that he set them up for (think Bigras against Czech, 2 Drouin chances against Germany, a few Rychel chances against Germany, Lazar in the slot today, and many others) everyone would be praising him and he'd be near the top of tournament scoring. He's been setting up great scoring chances left and right and has been extremely unfortunate that none of them have went in. I'd say today was his weakest game, and even then I don't think he's warranted the type of criticism that he's gotten. Where's the Rychel hate? He's been terrible.

This is true, he did absolutely nothing today.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Canada's entire defense has been underwhelming, outside of Pouliot. Luckily, one of Bigras or Pelech won't see the ice much vs. the Americans when Reinhart's back.

Tv9924

Sep 16, 2012
Surrey, BC
Really liking that McDavid-Horvat-Laughton line, Laughton brings an element of speed and tenacity to it that Reinhart doesn't have

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Hudon - Drouin - Mantha
McDavid - Horvat - Reinhart
Rychel - Petan - Lazar
Leier - Laughton - Anderson
Gauthier

Pouliot - Ekblad
Reinhart - Dumba
Pelech - Morrissey
Bigras

Fucale
Paterson

I may have defencemen on their off side, I'm not sure. Just speculating on what Sutter wants with Reinhart back.

Tv9924

Sep 16, 2012
Surrey, BC
Hudon - Drouin - Mantha
McDavid - Horvat - Reinhart
Rychel - Petan - Lazar
Leier - Laughton - Anderson
Gauthier

Pouliot - Ekblad
Reinhart - Dumba
Pelech - Morrissey
Bigras

Fucale
Paterson

I may have defencemen on their off side, I'm not sure. Just speculating on what Sutter wants with Reinhart back.

I like your D pairings but I think the forward lines Sutter had in the 3rd period were better

Hudon-Drouin-Mantha
Lazar-Petan-S.Reinhart
McDavid-Horvat-Laughton
Rychel-Gauthier-Anderson
Leier

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Canada's entire defense has been underwhelming, outside of Pouliot. Luckily, one of Bigras or Pelech won't see the ice much vs. the Americans when Reinhart's back.

I really wish Nurse had made the team instead of one of those guys. Morrissey and Nurse were an excellent pairing at the U18s.

bloggerfanthe*

Dumba is complete garbage. Worst defensemen in the whole tournament.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
I'd put Leier with Laughton and Lazar - three hardworking two-way guys. It would make for a great 3rd line.

Hudon - Drouin - Mantha
McDavid - Horvat/Petan - Reinhart
Leier - Laughton - Lazar
Rychel - Horvat/Petan - Anderson
Gauthier

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I like your D pairings but I think the forward lines Sutter had in the 3rd period were better

Hudon-Drouin-Mantha
Lazar-Petan-S.Reinhart
McDavid-Horvat-Laughton
Rychel-Gauthier-Anderson
Leier
I like those lines a lot based on today's play but I'm not sure if Sutter would juggle them that much to start off the American game.

member 147413

You're right... those two goals he let in 5-3 were completely unreasonable :sarcasm:

Awful rebound control, far too much movement and poor positioning. He didn't let any softies, but he sure was hard to watch. I was scared every time there was a shot on him. I can only imagine how the players feel in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino