WJC: 2014 — Canada Roster Talk (Pt. IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
So when does camp start and when do they make the final cuts?
Camp starts on the 12th but I'm not sure when they're making the cuts. Keep in mind the camp roster is much smaller than normal, so not many cuts are required. That might give them some flexibility to make later cuts than usual.

"Merry Christmas, kid. You're cut."

MyNameIsNobody*

Camp starts on the 12th but I'm not sure when they're making the cuts. Keep in mind the camp roster is much smaller than normal, so not many cuts are required. That might give them some flexibility to make later cuts than usual.

"Merry Christmas, kid. You're cut."

I think they have till December 25 for final roster

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Willy Palov ‏@CH_WillyPalov 36m
Cam Russell confirms concussion for Drouin. Doctor tells him symptoms are minor "but you can't ever predict the recovery with these things."

Willy Palov ‏@CH_WillyPalov 33m
Drouin will definitely miss tomorrow's game and usual protocol is he will have to be symptom free for at least a week.

Rdmclean89

Dec 7, 2013
Drouin is diagnosed with a mild concussion, he will miss tomorrow's game against the Islanders, he must be symptom free for 7 days until he can be cleared by a doctor

Rdmclean89

Dec 7, 2013
No decision on Adam Erne yet from the league. They play in Charlottetown in 2 hours

Rdmclean89

Dec 7, 2013
Adam Erne will not receive a suspension for the hit from behind on Drouin...

What an absolute joke

sedrop91*

Drouin-Petan-Mantha
Laughton-Horvat-Reinhart
Hudon-Mcdavid-Shinkaruk
Rychel-Gauthier-Anderson
Leier

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
Drouin-Petan-Mantha
Laughton-Horvat-Reinhart
Hudon-Mcdavid-Shinkaruk
Rychel-Gauthier-Anderson
Leier

Cherry just rips a big one off hockey Canada
Connor brown and max domi predominantly
Interesting comments
I still think Hc picked correctly

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
If Drouin isn't cleared to play, bringing in Domi would make a lot of sense.

Interesting comments

He also said Nurse is as good as Seth Jones, yeah.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
If Drouin isn't cleared to play, bringing in Domi would make a lot of sense.

He also said Nurse is as good as Seth Jones, yeah.

Not sure if he said it quite like that.
Anyway, Nurse is not Jones,
End of story

knightsnation22

Oct 29, 2013
Clearly a knights fan, but Anderson will not be out of place on this team if he ends up being on the final roster. In my opinion compare him to Boone Jenner, very physical and can put the puck in the net although a bit snake bitten until this past week. Max Domi does not suprise me he refuses to play defense and has played with a chip on his shoulder since coming back (not a good thing for him). Horvat will center a line on this team he is too valuable taking draws not to be. Amazed at people saying this team will be soft there is a ton of grit on this team, not many big bangers but saying this team is soft is just uneducated. Pretty tough to 2nd guess anything Sutter does, feel free to look at his record in this tourney I think he has earned to benefit of the doubt.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
In regards to Max Domi, don't forget what a fanboy Cherry is of his dad.

Whether one agrees with Cherry or not, Hockey Canada deserves a kick in the shins for their record over the past 4 years. As always Don is entertaining. I hope the boys in Calgary HQ are feeling the pressure, otherwise their 30 million projected profit from next year's WJHC in T.O./Mtl may be in jeopardy.

snizzbone*

Looking like there is potential for Rielly to get loaned out for the WJCs. Liles called up and playing just the same as Rielly is. We shall see in the coming couple of weeks.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Interesting comments

Cherry loves Tie Domi, so I wasn't surprised by his comments. Still, IMO Max didn't deserve to be on the team.

I thought the team HC picked is a good one, with the exception of leaving off nurse.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Looking like there is potential for Rielly to get loaned out for the WJCs. Liles called up and playing just the same as Rielly is. We shall see in the coming couple of weeks.

I was coming in here to say this actually. Seems with Liles up they must be taking long hard look at sending Rielly. He would be a big boost.

And yeah Cherry is complaining about Domi because hes a fan of his dad

member 147413

Max Domi is trash, would be a negative addition to TC.

StringerBell

Clearly a knights fan, but Anderson will not be out of place on this team if he ends up being on the final roster. In my opinion compare him to Boone Jenner, very physical and can put the puck in the net although a bit snake bitten until this past week. Max Domi does not suprise me he refuses to play defense and has played with a chip on his shoulder since coming back (not a good thing for him). Horvat will center a line on this team he is too valuable taking draws not to be. Amazed at people saying this team will be soft there is a ton of grit on this team, not many big bangers but saying this team is soft is just uneducated. Pretty tough to 2nd guess anything Sutter does, feel free to look at his record in this tourney I think he has earned to benefit of the doubt.

With respect to the bolded, Domi's first game after being omitted from the camp roster was the best 200ft game I've seen him play. Hopefully he uses it as motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad