Marlies Discussion: 12'/13' Marlies Part I|Looking Forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Really, up until the meltdown, The Griffins were totally useless except for the last 10 mins of the 3rd period.

Not sure you saw what I saw, if you watched the same game I just did.

Not really, the Griffins controlled play for most of the game.

It was an accomplishment when the Marlies could successfully enter the Griffins zone.

mikebel111*

Blacker was the one that looked lost and was blown away by all his bad pivots. He fell once due to his bad footwork.

Marshall and Holzer stood up a few Griffins tonight, they were solid. Again not sure what you guys are watching.

Kostka will probably blamed soon too.
these comments from you are just out of shot reaction just to protect these guys and rip blacker.

this is getting like the grabo situation

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
Who is arguing, I watched the same game you guys did, I would like to sincerely know what was brutal about Holzer and Marshall tonight?

To me both played an efficient, unspectacular game, that Granberg was lauded for just the other day.

Holzer blew the game tying goal. He was the guy doing the spectacular belly flop in the slot while his guy was tap dancing in front of MacIntyre.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Sadly Marlies were leading 3-1 midway through the 3rd and then gave up 3 goals in the last 10 minutes including 2 goals in less than 30 seconds apart to lose 4-3.

So Marlies season paralleled the Leafs in its finish.

oh maann. :cry:

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Marlies better play the kids next year.

I don't want to see this veteran team nonsense.

Biggs, Percy, Leivo, Devane, Broll, Mcwilliam, Granberg should all be regulars.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Once the Marlies (and leafs) get defensemen pinching aggressively down the half wall these crap defence men just keep turning the puck over.
QUOTE]

I am not going to disagree with your assessment of the Marlies D turning pucks over but many good d can look like crap when a good forecheck is on including an aggressive wall pinch. This requires the team to have a plan and everyone to play their part.

If you want to break out with control you often need to skate it out of trouble or pass more to the middle of the ice. The other plays would be the high flip if time/space permits or glass.

I guess my point is that D can look like **** if the team has no real plan to handle the aggressive forecheck.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
these comments from you are just out of shot reaction just to protect these guys and rip blacker.

this is getting like the grabo situation

Blacker has not played well this series, others have noted this. You don't have to listen to me if you think I am being unfair.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not really, the Griffins controlled play for most of the game.

It was an accomplishment when the Marlies could successfully enter the Griffins zone.

The Griffins only started skating with about 10 mins to go in the game, The Marlies were in control, they were not dangerous all night until then. We will agree to disagree.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Mirtle's jinx continues.

Mirtle is a reporter who knows just a little more hockey than Simmons, he's certainly not an expert nor would I consider him terribly knowledgable when it comes to hockey. There are some posters I would say that are even more knowledgable than Mirtle.

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
Choke city, are we?

Apparently.

What a bizarre situation where the Marlies go out in such a similar way.

Not good days for Toronto...

—Leafs choke out in historical fashion
—Marlies choke out
—Blue Jays...'nuff said.
—Raptors
—Rob Ford
—Don Cherry

Think about that for a minute. The most monumental laughing stock quite possibly in the entire civilized world.

:laugh:

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Apparently.

—Marlies choke out
—Blue Jays...'nuff said.
—Raptors
—Rob Ford
—Don Cherry

Think about that for a minute. The most monumental laughing stock quite possibly in the entire civilized world.

Ahaha that should make me depressed, but it made me laugh. Ah well, there's always light after the tunnel. In our case the tunnel is just taking a tad bit too long to end :laugh:

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Apparently.

—Marlies choke out
—Blue Jays...'nuff said.
—Raptors
—Rob Ford
—Don Cherry

Last year the Marlies dominated in the regular season, had a great playoff run then got swept in the finals too. Starting to think TO is actually cursed.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It was a chance missed to not play Biggs, Percy, Leivo and Rielly more, but I guess the coach had to play who got us here, no entitlement, I am fine with that. But it would have been nice to get them into some Pro playoff time.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Sadly Marlies were leading 3-1 midway through the 3rd and then gave up 3 goals in the last 10 minutes including 2 goals in less than 30 seconds apart to lose 4-3.

So Marlies season paralleled the Leafs in its finish.

You seriously can't make this ****ing stuff up. What? This is just unbelievable.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
It was a chance missed to not play Biggs, Percy, Leivo and Rielly more, but I guess the coach had to play who got us here, no entitlement, I am fine with that. But it would have been nice to get them into some Pro playoff time.

I am not.

I don't care if a bunch of veterans win a 100 calder cups, i they are not going to play for the leafs.

Let the kids play and develop them. Can't develop players that are just sitting in the press box for no good reason, while entitled vets in the line up.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I am not.

I don't care if a bunch of veterans win a 100 calder cups, i they are not going to play for the leafs.

Let the kids play and develop them. Can't develop players that are just sitting in the press box for no good reason, while entitled vets in the line up.

Just play the "good players" and let the "awful players" rot.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Mirtle is a reporter who knows just a little more hockey than Simmons, he's certainly not an expert nor would I consider him terribly knowledgable when it comes to hockey. There are some posters I would say that are even more knowledgable than Mirtle.

Agreed.

The biggest clue for his somewhat limited knowledge of the game is his view on Kadri. At the start of the season, he was very skeptical that Kadri would be more than a 60 pt player. Now while there are other people who said the same thing, his arguments, pre-NHL season were that Kadri simply "wasnt skilled enough". Within 20 games, he was calling out Carlyle for not playing Kadri more.

I like him as a reporter, but I think he sometimes tweets like he knows more about the game than he really does.

Now he is saying that Kadri should earn between 2.5 - 3 million on a short term contract for his next deal. Though Kadri is a RFA, to Bozak being a UFA, the difference between the two is that Kadri has the numbers to suggest he is worth more than he is, while Bozak's numbers do not. Basically, Kadri could easily ask for 4 million especially when you consider that he brings more than just offence; physicality, power-plays, and developing PK game

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
I am not.

I think those kids will work even harder this summer knowing that they haven't been giving a roster spot yet. It can be both good and bad but I'm all for forcing the kids to improve if they want to play

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I think those kids will work even harder this summer knowing that they haven't been giving a roster spot yet. It can be both good and bad but I'm all for forcing the kids to improve if they want to play

I am all for letting kids earn their spot, but how can they "earn" it when they don't play.

Not many of our prospects have gotten a good look to see what they are made of.

Percy for one, had 3 points in 4 games and was playing great hockey, yet didn't get a sniff of playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad