Marlies Discussion: 12'/13' Marlies Part I|Looking Forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Funny how the Leafs called up Blacker to be their back up defenseman in the playoffs. I guess management doesn't think he's so lost.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Marlies lose.

That's what happens when you play GARBAGE like Yeo, Mottau over talented prospects like Biggs and Percy. Disgusting decisions

PLAY THE ****ING KIDS

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bright spot for me was the play of Ashton, he's making the strides to be a Leaf next year, strangely I thought Colborne was better against Boston than against the easier Griffins.

Mckegg, also looked good, he showed good improvement from the start of the season.

mikebel111*

Funny how the Leafs called up Blacker to be their back up defenseman in the playoffs. I guess management doesn't think he's so lost.

management thinks highly of him, Has a big chance to make the team

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Marlies lose.

That's what happens when you play GARBAGE like Yeo, Mottau over talented prospects like Biggs and Percy. Disgusting decisions

PLAY THE ****ING KIDS

I agree.

Some Veterans are good to help provide stability and guidance, but not giving your prospects time to develop (esp in playoffs/elimination games) shouldn't be happening

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
management thinks highly of him, Has a big chance to make the team

Sounds like you are a Blacker fan, but I can't see Management thinking too highly of Blacker.

He's definitely behind Percy, Rielly, Finn, Nilsson, and Granberg at this point.

And probably behind Holzer and Marshall as more seasoned prospects.

At 23 this year, he should be miles ahead in development. I don't know if he will be more than a 6th or 7th D man at this point. Too many bad passes and giveaways on his resume and this isn't a one game sample.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
I dont think Rielly had a shift in the 3rd... he may have been hurt.

I mean why else would Holzer and Mottau play on the PP

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
Well that was horrible hockey. I thought the Marlies were supposed to be air tight. Ranger was :shakehead

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Strange roster decisions. Marshal is absolutely brutal and Holzer not much better. Mottau got blown away once again by GR speed.

Once the Marlies (and leafs) get defensemen pinching aggressively down the half wall these crap defence men just keep turning the puck over.

Edit: Blacker is taking some crap but actually that is the best game I have seen him play. Rielly was benched most of the game for some unfathomable reason.

mikebel111*

Sounds like you are a Blacker fan, but I can't see Management thinking too highly of Blacker.

He's definitely behind Percy, Rielly, Finn, Nilsson, and Granberg at this point.

At 23 this year, he should be miles ahead in development. I don't if he will be more than a 6th or 7th D man at this point. Too many bad passes and giveaways on his resume and this isn't a one game sample.

yeah and that explains why leafs would bring him up

makes zero sense if you ask me

something tells me you just pick on 2 prospects so you can tell the board that you aren't a Morrison homer even though you are

mikebel111*

Strange roster decisions. Marshal is absolutely brutal and Holzer not much better. Mottau got blown away once again by GR speed.

Once the Marlies (and leafs) get defensemen pinching aggressively down the half wall these crap defence men just keep turning the puck over.

but according to interactif, he is better than blacker:shakehead

which everyone in their right minds knows is wrong

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010

Just astonishes me how Percy is not in the line up.

He was at least twice as good as the rest of the marlies D besides Reilly

mikebel111*

Just astonishes me how Percy is not in the line up.

He was at least twice as good as the rest of the marlies D besides Reilly

the defence core should have

rielly, percy, blacker these three guys as locks IMO

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Edit: Blacker is taking some crap but actually that is the best game I have seen him play. Rielly was benched most of the game for some unfathomable reason.

What did Marshall and Holzer do so wrong tonight to be called brutal?

If you saw something I would love to know exactly what it was to say they were indeed brutal.

mikebel111*

What did Marshall do wrong tonight?

rather not argue with you, because I know when I say something, you will start saying that blacker is still terrible.

plus your facts don't make sense most of the time

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Sadly Marlies were leading 3-1 midway through the 3rd and then gave up 3 goals in the last 10 minutes including 2 goals in less than 30 seconds apart to lose 4-3.

So Marlies season paralleled the Leafs in its finish.

I want to die again.

This team
This farm team
This whole organization top to bottom I don't, I can't.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
What did Marshall and Holzer do so wrong tonight to be called brutal?

If you saw something I would love to know exactly what it was to say they were indeed brutal.

Getting blown by the forwards on every play

Not covering their man

Looking lost when they receive the puck

Not clearing the front of the net

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
rather not argue with you, because I know when I say something, you will start saying that blacker is still terrible.

plus your facts don't make sense most of the time

Who is arguing, I watched the same game you guys did, I would like to sincerely know what was brutal about Holzer and Marshall tonight?

To me both played an efficient, unspectacular game, that Granberg was lauded for just the other day.

mikebel111*

Who is arguing, I watched the same game you guys did, I would like to sincerely know what was brutal about Holzer and Marshall tonight?

To me both played an efficient, unspectacular game, that Granberg was lauded for just the other day.

look in the post above you, says it really well

plus granberg Is light years ahead of these 2 plugs

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Getting blown by the forwards on every play

Not covering their man

Looking lost when they receive the puck

Not clearing the front of the net

Really, up until the meltdown, The Griffins were totally useless except for the last 10 mins of the 3rd period.

Not sure you saw what I saw, if you watched the same game I just did.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
look in the post above you, says it really well

plus granberg Is light years ahead of these 2 plugs

Blacker was the one that looked lost and was blown away by all his bad pivots. He fell once due to his bad footwork.

Marshall and Holzer stood up a few Griffins tonight, they were solid. Again not sure what you guys are watching.

Kostka will probably blamed soon too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad