Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Part II - Oops, I Got Sidetracked Again.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
This is the first game I bought a guide for since probably the N64 days when I was a lot younger. I know, everything is on the internet now but the guild book is beautiful and an easy reference.

I wouldn't say I used it to cheat or anything but with how big the game is and how much less gaming time I have it was a good pickup!

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
You're not far enough into the game yet then :laugh:

Eventually you'll start getting random bonuses on weapons.

Recently I've been getting a lot more drops with bonuses but it's usually durability or critical hit. Think I got an attack +12 on a sword but the base was only 30.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Does it make sense to sell parts to Kilton? I have like 150 Lizalfos talons, horns etc. but am paranoid I'll need them to upgrade armor or something. I've only upgraded the climbing gear twice so far.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Does it make sense to sell parts to Kilton? I have like 150 Lizalfos talons, horns etc. but am paranoid I'll need them to upgrade armor or something. I've only upgraded the climbing gear twice so far.

He doesn't have anything really worth buying IMO.

That said, off the top of my head, I don't think you need more than 100 of ANY item to upgrade ANYTHING to max level.

Somebody might correct me though.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

Wait to sell parts to Kilton until after you have completed all 4 divine beasts. He starts selling a set of very special items once you beat them.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
A high base damage sword with Crit + has massive damage potential.

Yeah, but crit hits can only be mad from behind or by throwing a damaged weapon.

As far as opportunities for damage output over the course of battles you actually WANT that damage (ie, high level enemies), I'll take attk up over crit any day.

Just my 2 cents

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Alright, I'm now sick of the rain. Had to light one of the furnaces at one of the labs and it seemed like every few steps it'd start raining and put out the torch.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Does anybody else still find it weird that Link wears Blue in this game? I mean, I know there are other armor sets you switch in and out of, but the base tunic is Blue.

Small, insignificant thing, but after playing Zelda with a green link since I was 4, it bugged me, lol.

I finally got so annoyed with it, I dyed the Hylian armor green and wore that instead for all but the toughest battles, lol. Combined with the Twilight Princess cap and pants from the SSB Link amiibo.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Does anybody else still find it weird that Link wears Blue in this game? I mean, I know there are other armor sets you switch in and out of, but the base tunic is Blue.

Small, insignificant thing, but after playing Zelda with a green link since I was 4, it bugged me, lol.

I finally got so annoyed with it, I dyed the Hylian armor green and wore that instead for all but the toughest battles, lol. Combined with the Twilight Princess cap and pants from the SSB Link amiibo.

I really really like the Champion's Tunic. The blue blends nicely with all the green grass and brown/grey dirt.

Giving Link a new look was a really good idea.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Beat Ganon last night.

Finished the game with 114 shrines and 116 seeds.

I'm at 111 shrines. Randomly found two more yesterday in a spot where I never explored. Trying to go around and get bridges that aren't marked to increase my percentage and I'm finding areas I still haven't touched 140 hours in.

Seeds? I'm near 250. Forget the exact number.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
He doesn't have anything really worth buying IMO.

That said, off the top of my head, I don't think you need more than 100 of ANY item to upgrade ANYTHING to max level.

Somebody might correct me though.

The monster masks are funny though, since they make sound effects like the monsters they're imitating, and sometimes I find Lizalfos a PITA, especially around water, so I just use a Lizalfos mask to walk by them.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I'm at around 80 shrines now I think. I'm not a completionist by any measure but I think at this point I'm just going to hold out and look for all 120. There's still entire areas of the map I haven't touched, especially in the far southeast corner. I just found Lurelin Village a little while ago and I think I have around 75-80 hours logged.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I've only finished two of the 4 dungeons, but I have 112 shrines and 323 seeds.

Based on the first two dungeons, I'm guessing finishing the last two will open-up at least a few Shrine quests that will reveal a bunch of the remaining shrines.

Some of them are just a ***** though. Like, I was hunting a lynel and in the northwest region, and my shrine detector started going off. So I follow the signal to the source and look around, and nada.

[spoil]It was underneath the mound I was standing on. You had to ride an ice-cold river (that hurt you to be in) underneath and grab on to the land mass before the current pushed you out the other side. Like, come on, nobody would find that by looking, only entirely by accident :laugh:[/spoil]

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank

jerry-seinfeld-done.gif

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
[spoil]It was underneath the mound I was standing on. You had to ride an ice-cold river (that hurt you to be in) underneath and grab on to the land mass before the current pushed you out the other side. Like, come on, nobody would find that by looking, only entirely by accident :laugh:[/spoil]

there's a couple like that one

[spoil]one of them you have to roll a snowball from the top of a hill into a door at the bottom[/spoil]

and

[spoil] the one with the "snow white birdie", there's a bird-like plateau that you have to fly "into" (not on) in order to get to the shrine.[/spoil]

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Have you made an airship using octoballoons yet?

Haha, no, I've gotta try that one out though.

[spoil]one of them you have to roll a snowball from the top of a hill into a door at the bottom[/spoil]

This one was borderline unfair IMO if you're trying to figure things out without the internet or a guide. I don't think I ever would have gotten that on my own.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

and

[spoil] the one with the "snow white birdie", there's a bird-like plateau that you have to fly "into" (not on) in order to get to the shrine.[/spoil]

Yeah, those were tough.

[spoil]I actually did get the bird one. I think I got a hint from a bird-person in the Rito village, something about a story her grandpa told her, and that with the shrine locator helped me reason it out.

But the snowball one.

Dude.

That door tormented me. I put a stamp on the map and would come back to it like once every few days thinking 'aha, I've got it!', and nope. Nada. I was going nuts.

It wasn't until I did another shrine involving snowballs, where you have to roll one up big enough to create a large enough shadown whn you hold it over your head at the right time. After I did that shrine, when I went back and saw the snowballs I was like.... 'no....noooooooooooo....'... sure enough :laugh:

Even worse than that one was the OTHER door puzzle, where you had to do something similar, plus add crynosis...[/spoil]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad