Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Part II - Oops, I Got Sidetracked Again.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I couldn't figure that one out. That's ridiculous. :laugh:

that one took me FOREVER!!

okay o that moment when you realise how addictive this game is, up until a point where it becomes tedious. and you go. I wonder if it's tedious if you find/do these things when it's still "new and exciting..." and you contemplate... creating yet ANOTHER Mii to create another account to play this game again (because forwhatever stupid reason i can't just create a new game file in one of the THREE i have.. each game i have different things that i can't get for the life of me... stupid amiibo drops/RNG with regards to everything else)

i actually had to remove the game out of the system, and put the game away so i don't even get tempted. "Captain Toad Adventures" is in my wii u now. (and I'm playing A Link Between Worlds for my zelda fix)

i'll come back to it once the trial of ordeals come up or i might just wait and just go for the new story.

i will say. I have no joy of attacking lynels. but man i love the bows they drop.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
On the list of "things to do soon" I would add doing the Tarrey Town quests, until at least you open the general shop. Being able to buy a ton of arrows at one time makes things much easier.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
On the list of "things to do soon" I would add doing the Tarrey Town quests, until at least you open the general shop. Being able to buy a ton of arrows at one time makes things much easier.

Fully upgraded Tarrey Town has one of the best tracks in the whole game.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Eventide Island was one of the first shrines I unlocked. A reasonable person would have figured 'I'll come back later', but I was stupid and stubborn.

I cheesed the Hinox on Eventide so bad. :laugh:

[spoil]I just got him caught somewhere towards the top of the curved path that leads to the small plateau above him and started hucking bombs.

Throw square bomb.

Change to round bomb.

Throw round bomb.

Change to square bomb.

Throw square bomb.

Repeat.

Each explosion only takes off like 100th of his life, but the blast stuns him. So I had him stuck in stun-lock for the entire time, just nailing him with bombs.

Likely NOT the way Nintendo intended you to beat him, but what the hell.[/spoil]

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I didn't even kill him. just jumped on - grabbed the orb, and ran away.

I'm gonna be honest, I didn't even know you could do that. I thought it was tied around his neck and you had to kill him to get it.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
going to let my 7 year old have a run at the game, this should be fun

first death comes 10 minutes in, falling off the top of the Plateau Tower, just like most of us :laugh:

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm gonna be honest, I didn't even know you could do that. I thought it was tied around his neck and you had to kill him to get it.

I kinda figured it out accidently. it wasn't my first hinox. the first one i found on the way to Zora's domain, and i realised when the hinox was stunned i could get the weapons. and then so i got on top of the mountain and i was prepared to fight this guy with 6 arrows and then it was like. oh i'm on his stomach. and then it was wait. i can just grab it? so i did. lol and he only noticed once i ran off him. it was fun.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I sold it for exactly what i paid for, which was my initial plan. I juste wanted to play Zelda.

I sold it in under and hour, in my area the console is still unavailable

Nice. So are you worried at all about not playing the DLC or future Zelda games? Maybe just get another Switch at some point? Or a Wii U?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So I want to start farming Lynels since I feel like I'm approaching the end of the game. But despite having a ton of hearts and decent armor, they're still swinging half my health away with one hit.

What gives?

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
So I want to start farming Lynels since I feel like I'm approaching the end of the game. But despite having a ton of hearts and decent armor, they're still swinging half my health away with one hit.

What gives?

So long as you're not dealing with the white-haired Lynel I find the easiest thing to do is to just nail the timing of the perfect guard (shield block). Once you "get it" you should be able to do it almost every time without issue. Just equip your shield and when the Lynel swings it's sword at you try to hit "A" so you're intercepting the sword with your shield in mid swing. Same thing with the other attacks. After you've stunned it hit it three or four times than repeat. That plus the barbarian armor and you should be able to take them down pretty easily.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
yeah, get the timing down so you can flurry rush, and try for the arrow crit to the head so you can mount it

practice against some Bokoblins or something

it's honestly not that difficult once you get the hang of it, and you'll be crushing Lynels before you know it

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
What is decent armor and what colour is the lynel?

At the time of the post, it was the level 3 cold resist Armor (I believe it was the Ruto set) and it was a White Lynel.

Decided to try a Red since it was apparently easier. It was, but only because any hit did about a heart and a half instead of 6-7.

Still not sure how you're supposed to mount them. I Stasis'd it, shot it in the face, then as soon as it came out of Stasis and was stunned, I was right there by it's side ready to mount. No option to do so. Finally decided it was easier simply to wail on it while stunned than try and mount it.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
At the time of the post, it was the level 3 cold resist Armor (I believe it was the Ruto set) and it was a White Lynel.

Decided to try a Red since it was apparently easier. It was, but only because any hit did about a heart and a half instead of 6-7.

Still not sure how you're supposed to mount them. I Stasis'd it, shot it in the face, then as soon as it came out of Stasis and was stunned, I was right there by it's side ready to mount. No option to do so. Finally decided it was easier simply to wail on it while stunned than try and mount it.

Watch some GirKart64 videos on the YouTube.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad