Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Part II - Oops, I Got Sidetracked Again.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
I beat all four Divine Beasts and am now just running around hunting shrines and Korok seeds. I kinda don't want to fight Ganon because i'm afraid I won't feel compelled to keep playing once I do.

I beat Ganon at like 75 shrines. I'm still kicking. When I get all 120 I'll stop. The completionist in me wants to at least get that.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I beat Ganon at like 75 shrines. I'm still kicking. When I get all 120 I'll stop. The completionist in me wants to at least get that.

I have all 120 (which you get something pretty cool for doing that) and beat Ganon.

I still love just running around, getting side-quests, finding Korok seeds and getting inventory to upgrade my armor. That alone will keep me very busy. The map is so huge I never really get bored.

Fun thing to do and very hard rule to make up and stick to: Do not teleport anywhere. Makes the game really fun... to me.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
I only teleport when absolutely necessary. Or when I really screw up :laugh:

I'm aware of the 120 shrine prize. I visited that area earlier this week and was curious, so I looked it up and got spoiled. Oops.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I only teleport when absolutely necessary. Or when I really screw up :laugh:

I'm aware of the 120 shrine prize. I visited that area earlier this week and was curious, so I looked it up and got spoiled. Oops.

Yeah, hard not to look it up if you went to that area :D You would get there and think "Whats this place for?"

:laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Okay. I think i need to retire this game. Like take it out of my console and play something else. :laugh: I've beaten Ganon for the eleventymillionth time. (3 official times (i actually created a new account just to start ALL OVER - and really track things and I wanted this one to be my 100 percent everything) - but i really got bored at taking photos especially that there's a photo limit. which irritated me..

Even with playing this 3 times (back to back to back), there were some things that were difficult in finding, some puzzles where you were like "wait how did i?" and i found different ways, so i like this keeps challenging you.

I killed a few lynels (didn't even need to deploy the mighty meals). I feel (for me who does like to go all Xena with my game play "Kill them ALL!" the fact that when you are fighting you can't trigger Flurry Rush etc still irks me. Why this was avoided and Wind Waker/Twilight Princess had a "trigger" blows my mind. because you could either (in those two games) - avoid it entirely and not do it, or do it and get your move off. There were times where i swear to God i did it properly, and i'd actually jump over the sword - nothing. (then i'd get smacked because i was like "wha?" or I'd like be way too early and then it would trigger. So i tend (as usual) to avoid Lynels, but i wanted to kill the blue one to see if i could (answer: I could).

Hinox's etc are my favourite :) but i always love stealth bombing them and stealing their weapons. (the Skeleton versions too).

I really feel like - unlike the rest of the Zeldas. they REALLY wanted you to explore (duh). but I do think this would have been better enhanced with a.. Majora's Mask-style sidequest system vs. what they had. (which felt more "fetchy" with very chinchy rewards. I think if some of the rewards were better pieces/inventory slots/clothing - it would have been more rewarding and not "i did this for a flipping hearty truffle. gee. thank you."

as much as i love the Champion Elements, I wish you could get them without activating the divine beast. (for anyone who wants to play - do try to do the Rito Beast first. it makes everything so much more "fun" in the sense especially at first with a limited stamina wheel.

Still don't get what the "great plateau" is. Like. WHAT IS IT? how was it completely elevated from Hyrule? (i mean Guaradians were on it. I don't think it's castle town because it's so far away FROM the castle (and CT ruins). but it has the temple of time. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US?!

I hope when they develop the next Zelda, they do keep the elements here - but try to develop a better story (i know it's difficult,it's either linear story vs. open exploration but I think you CAN have both. sort of like a "choose your own adventure" type deal). but - i still get the 10 out of 10. I don't think i'd give it that but a solid 8.5/9 :)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
First DLC is announced.

Some new map features including a smart map that tracks where you have been. An item that allows you to pick your own fast travel point.

Hard Mode, which adds regent health to enemies. Raises all enemies by one level (or more in some cases) an adds sky enemies and sky chests.

New Trial of the Sword. A horde mode where you face 45 rooms of enemies and the Master Sword gets a power up if you complete it. You start the trial with no items.

New armor options including Majora's Mask, Tingle Armor, and a Korok mask.

Price tags is $20 and you also get the 2nd DLC (which will be a story update and a new dungeon) included.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
the only thing that appeals to me (right now) is basically "Eventide" trial for 45 rooms start off naked, and see what you can do. I bet you there WILL be lynels in there. damnit.

everything else...
i hope the winter pkg is better.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It's the smallest of nit-picks given how great this game is, but holy **** could Hyrule maybe have had a slightly drier climate? As in, not rain every 2 hours?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It's the smallest of nit-picks given how great this game is, but holy **** could Hyrule maybe have had a slightly drier climate? As in, not rain every 2 hours?

I just started playing. I love the rain, simply because I wasn't expecting the repercussions of such an environment. The lightning wrecking the forest around me was such a cool experience...made even better when one of the bolts hit me.

I then got the loading screen hint of not wearing metal.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
the only thing that appeals to me (right now) is basically "Eventide" trial for 45 rooms start off naked, and see what you can do. I bet you there WILL be lynels in there. damnit.

everything else...
i hope the winter pkg is better.

I like the smart map path tracking. I've always wanted to see the dead spots on the map that I just haven't touched yet.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I just started playing. I love the rain, simply because I wasn't expecting the repercussions of such an environment. The lightning wrecking the forest around me was such a cool experience...made even better when one of the bolts hit me.

I then got the loading screen hint of not wearing metal.

trust me. you'll grow to hate the rain. death to rain.

I like the smart map path tracking. I've always wanted to see the dead spots on the map that I just haven't touched yet.

I don't mind that either. (It does sound it only tracks up to 200hrs of game play? )

the travel port thing is interesting. I'm trying to think where, specifically would i put that -and there ISN'T a travel point? probably somewhere near Hebra where it is vast. OR somewhere in Hyrule Castle (where you could get some amazo weapons, and get right back out without going from the Docks into the castle. yah. i think that's exactly where i'd put it. maybe in Zelda's room or the Garrison).

Hard mode sounds like pure death.

Map tracking sounds really neat. Also nice to get some armor from other games that aren't Amibo locked.

will never understand why Nintendo does limited edition amiibo, and still won't offer even a year later or something - the abiility to purchase say 3-6 dollars of these costumes or something.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I thought they might have adjusted the weather in a recent update. It feels like the rain has been cut down by at least 50%. It feels like it rarely rains anymore....but maybe thats because of where on the map I have been hanging out recently.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I'm not going anywhere near hard mode.

As to the rain, I have never been bothered by it and I'm around 60 hours of gameplay now. Yeah it's annoying when you're trying to climb something but it only ever seems to last a few minutes. I usually just go hunting or do something else until it goes away.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Thing is, hard mode doesn't even sound interesting or fun.

If they changed up how Beasts are completed, bosses were fought or enemy placements overall that would be a different story.

But more spongy enemies is just meh.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
that is one of the flaws of this game, you get sick of fighting the same 10 enemies, maybe wrapped up in different skins for climate

Bokoblins
Moblins
Keese
Chuchu
Lizalfos
all the ****ing Yiga Clan clowns

and the sub bosses/bosses
Molduga
Talus
Lynel
Ganon and his blights

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Agreed, one thing they could have improved is the enemy variety. I pretty much find myself saying that with every game over the past 5 years it seems like though.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Finally beat Ganon.

Most of the talk around the end-game was pretty accurate. The ending was fine. Nothing more.

I like that it sets up potential for more DLC or even a direct sequel down the line (at least it sets it up if you finish all 4 divine beasts).

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Yeah while I agree it was kind of a letdown after 100 hours, at the same time it's a serviceable ending. I was half expecting the game to continue right there, sadly it didn't.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I had zero problem with the ending.

The final fight with Ganon however could have been 100x better than it was, without giving away any spoilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad