Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Part II - Oops, I Got Sidetracked Again.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think for al the game likes o say you can do whatever you want - whenever you want.. that's slightly false.
you can't activate the travel panels in Akkala + Hateno (ancient tech labs), do the memories etc, without talking to Impa first. that's kinda cop-out-y

May 27, 2012
Earth
I think for al the game likes o say you can do whatever you want - whenever you want.. that's slightly false.
you can't activate the travel panels in Akkala + Hateno (ancient tech labs), do the memories etc, without talking to Impa first. that's kinda cop-out-y

There has to be some story. Just like past Zelda games where you need to do some stuff to move one. I mean, once you meet Impa it's whatever from there.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Right. They point you in the direction of Kakariko after getting off the plateau to essentially "get your orders". There is nothing wrong with that.

On that topic, I finally got all 12 memories, plus the 13th. I love the story it does tell, even if the American Zelda actress....overdoes it a little bit.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
There has to be some story. Just like past Zelda games where you need to do some stuff to move one. I mean, once you meet Impa it's whatever from there.

oh i know.

i was really just surprised. (this time what i did was basically dropped right off by the Bomb trial, and you land in front of some horses. I unlocked most of the stables/towers in Tabanatha, Hebra, etc. got into Rito, went around Central Hyrule, got Faron, Lake and Woodland towers. etc, then i got to Hateno, and realised i couldn't do anything else until i talked to Impa. (like you can "start" the "please help us our divine beast" thing before Impa, but you can't trigger the flashbacks and actually take on the divine beast w/o talking to Impa first - and I am going to assume going to Hateno to et the camera working too).

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
So I finally got around to beating the horseback archery challenge today to get the [spoil]knight's saddle[/spoil] after 15 tries of frustration (having avoided after trying it a few times a few weeks ago and knowing it was going to frustrate me). Received the item and found it to be very underwhelming. Would not recommend.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
SATORI MOUNTAIN

[spoil]I got that massive glow up there. What's the significance other than all those Blupees?[/spoil]

[spoil]just the best horse/thing in the game. and when you are on it there are no mooks to get you, but you can't register it so that sucks [/spoil]

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
so you can't play after beating Ganon? you have to go back to before beating him? laaaaaaaaaaaame

the battle itself:

[spoil]horseback fighting sucks[/spoil]

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
This game is harder than Witcher 3 on the hardest difficulty. Just crazy how almost every enemy you run into in the wild can take you down in one or two hits.

Finally finished everything with Gerudo town. Got the snow boots, sand boots, the helm from Lady Riju. Luckily I did the Eighth Heroine quest towards the end so I was able to paraglide most of the way towards the Tabantha Bridge Stables. Going to beeline to Rito Village next.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
The Hebra area is ridiculous. There's gotta be a ton of shrines that I'm just missing. One spot there is CLEARLY a shrine but I can't figure out if I have to get in with a side quest or get in from below. It's in the area with the walker Guardian.

Up to 96. I have like 7-8 open shrine quests.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
The Rito Divine Beast was much, much easier than the Gerudo one. I did everything in Rito Village in probably a tenth of the time it took to clear Gerudo Town. I wish I had just went to Rito first like I had originally planned since I feel like I used up a lot of resources clearing Gerudo. Almost felt a bit overpowered doing all the Rito stuff.

Is the Sheikah Armor set worth getting? I've only bought the Rito set.

Augscura

Oct 3, 2009
Prince George, BC
Yeah I did the Gerudo Divine Beast second, and the Rito one last, Gerudo was far and away the most difficult Divine Beast for me. They're all really fun though.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Rito Divine Beast was much, much easier than the Gerudo one. I did everything in Rito Village in probably a tenth of the time it took to clear Gerudo Town. I wish I had just went to Rito first like I had originally planned since I feel like I used up a lot of resources clearing Gerudo. Almost felt a bit overpowered doing all the Rito stuff.

I don't think so.

I never had any trouble sneaking around once I started unequiping my weapons when sneaking.

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

I love sneaking around, and that night speed is invaluable. I used the Sheikah set, Climbing set, Barbarian set, and Ancient Armor set more than anything.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
so you can't play after beating Ganon? you have to go back to before beating him? laaaaaaaaaaaame

the battle itself:

[spoil]horseback fighting sucks[/spoil]

I loved the final battle. I hear a lot of people (in other places) saying it was too easy. To me, the difficulty shouldn't be the main focus on a final battle in these games. The creativeness and how it ties in with the story is what matters to me and I think they did a fantastic job here. One of the most amazing endings in a recent game.

Yes, I too hated that there is no end-game though. I would have loved to...
[spoil]Explore hyrule castle with minimal amount of enemies and in its true form.[/spoil]

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Yeah I did the Gerudo Divine Beast second, and the Rito one last, Gerudo was far and away the most difficult Divine Beast for me. They're all really fun though.

I found the Zora one to be the most difficult but it was also the first one I did so maybe that's why. It took me forever to realize I could move the trunk via the slate :laugh:. I am oblivious to stuff like that sometimes. So if I knew about all that when I first went in maybe it wouldn't have been as bad.

I also had a heck of a time figuring out how to break the ice blocks from the boss and the pre-battle before you go into the divine beast.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Wanted to avoid this thread until I beat the game.

Finished last night, 108 shrines, still want to find the other ones lol.

My verdict on the game: Masterpiece

I actually don't recall the last time I just enjoyed doing everything I did in the game, whether in be the main quests, side quests, shrine quests are just exploring hoping you'll find something.

If I had to list some cons, I'd say that the pay-off on the vast majority of side quests are pretty meh tier. I'm not a big fan of Rupees/Food/Arrows as a reward but that's just me. Like I gave an NPC a baked apple to complete a quest and they gave me rupees as a reward. Why not give me a recipe that involves apples/baked apples so at least there is some relevance lol.

My favourite thing about the game is how different the experience has been from player to player. My buddy did things way differently than I did, we were never at the same point in the game until the very end. We even solved puzzles differently. Felt like when you were a kid and you'd get tips by talking to your buddies on the playground lol.

Can't wait until the DLC.

In terms of my favourite Beasts in the game, in order:

Zora
Rito
Gerudo
Goron

Last edited:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Yeah, I've spent probably about 35+ hours on it. Only have 33 shrines down and two divine beasts.

It's amazing to me that Nintendo, not really known for "open world" games, crushed the entire "open world" aspect more than any other game I've played. Even a game like Witcher 3, which I absolutely love, does not give you the freedom this game has. I've never played another game before where I want to go in a certain direction not because of any particular quest line but just because I want to see what's there.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I beat all four Divine Beasts and am now just running around hunting shrines and Korok seeds. I kinda don't want to fight Ganon because i'm afraid I won't feel compelled to keep playing once I do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->