Injury Report: Zdeno Chara

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
You can't replace Chara and his presence.
Not good, not good at all.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
so does Morrow come up now? I think we make a move today for a Dman via trade

My first choice would be Steve Eminger but he's only on an AHL contract and I believe tweaked his back but if that can't happen, Morrow has earned a call up.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
A little adversity never hurt anybody, let's see who steps up and see how the team responds.

100% agree.

Since someone will ask, no one will wear the C while he's out. Instead of rotating the 3rd A both Kelly and Krejci will wear them along with Bergy.

Fierce1

Nov 13, 2006
Nova Scotia
My first choice would be Steve Eminger but he's only on an AHL contract and I believe tweaked his back but if that can't happen, Morrow has earned a call up.
I liked Trotman the very few times I've seen him play but I noticed a minus -4 on his stat line.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Anyone who thinks Boychuk was gonna replace Chara is kidding himself.Without Chara this team doesn't even make the playoffs (Boychuk or not).If Chara ends up needing surgery we're ****ed. Time to start giving the prospects ice time, show case the ones you wanna trade, give NHL experience to the keepers. No need to trade for a replacement,nobody who can be had is gonna replace Chara. Hold on to the picks it's no use.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
A little adversity never hurt anybody, let's see who steps up and see how the team responds.

Couldn't agree more- this is going to be interesting.

And he should be back.

Time to identify pretenders or contenders

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

This.

I'm not saying I am happy Chara is out, especially with the uneven start the team has gotten off to, but in a weird, "science experiment" sort of way, I want to see how this plays out. Chara has not been good (by his standards) in the first 9 games, and I thought was the initial confusion wore off in the 2nd period, the D looked much better in the 3rd.

It's not a great situation, but it IS a great opportunity to get a glimpse at what life without Chara will be like. I want to see who steps up, who wilts, and who shows us something from PRO. This injury could be a "franchise-altering" moment (sorry if that sounds overly melodramatic :laugh:) because it should give the B's FO an idea about where the future of the D lays.

Do a couple of guys show glimpses of being able to carry the load when Z is gone, or do the B's have to start keeping an eye on the FA defenseman landscape, and make a move like they did when they brought Chara here (or make a deal)? What happens if he misses 15 games and they go 10-3-2?

Interesting stuff.

5Minutes4Fighting

Light the Lamp!
Apr 9, 2010
Northern NJ
Anyone who thinks Boychuk was gonna replace Chara is kidding himself.Without Chara this team doesn't even make the playoffs (Boychuk or not).If Chara ends up needing surgery we're ****ed. Time to start giving the prospects ice time, show case the ones you wanna trade, give NHL experience to the keepers. No need to trade for a replacement,nobody who can be had is gonna replace Chara. Hold on to the picks it's no use.

This was exactly the nightmare scenario for why you should never have considered trading Boychuk. He could have stepped up and held the fort. Nobody replaces Chara. But was it really worth it to get 2 draft picks rather than having him play out his contract, keep us in the hunt till Chara gets back, having him for the playoffs and then letting him walk for nothing at year end?

As for not making the playoffs without Chara if they still had Boychuk...that's ludicrous.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Couldn't agree more- this is going to be interesting.

And he should be back.

Time to identify pretenders or contenders

That won't happen til April,Bs will be there but that system is gonna tighten up (yawn).

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I liked Trotman the very few times I've seen him play but I noticed a minus -4 on his stat line.

I'm a Trotman guy and been to 2 providence games so far and he struggled

Morrow is a lot like Bartkowski- better offensive skills but a bit of a roamer

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Would like to see what a rested Chara would do in the play-offs... Let him miss a few weeks now...Put other guys in higher spots and see what you have,,, Seids-Dougie is a more than adequate first pair in the regular season IMO..

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think you know what he meant...or not?

Good opportunity to see if any of the young guys step up.

Yep

Sucks to lose Z, were hardly the first team to lose it's best, or one of the best/most important player, let's see how the kids AND Chia reacts to this massive loss

qc

Aug 23, 2011
So about 30 seconds after he left the ice, my power went out. And it finally came back on an hour ago. So pardon me if I'm a bit late to the show. Oh and btw

panic.gif

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I might be a little cynical but a long term injury would be a good way to add 7m in cap space.

Only he's done for the year[or playoff return], otherwise you'd need to rid of said additions if he was to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad