Not open for further replies.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
First of all, the "tank" talk is disgusting. Anyone who thinks that way is not a real hockey fan imo. Play to win, regardless.

Secondly, I'm still not trusting these tweets. Sources were not specified. Did they talk to team doctors, or anyone on the team?

Torn ACL? Seems odd that he could have a torn ACL and continue to play after the collision with Tavares with no visible discomfort whatsoever. Not even in reaction to the knee contact. But he played another shift, skating regularly, etc. Looked 100% fine.

But even if it is a tear, could it be so bad as to require surgery if he could play the way he did after the incident with Tavares? I'm hoping that's a sign that it's not so bad that it would require surgery, or cost him the season.

It's a big blow, of course, but this team played pretty well in the last half of that third period tonight.

If a trade for a 3-4 Dman is needed, I wonder if this might give Chia a needed excuse to maybe dangle Loui (plus Spooner, + picks) and avoid what would otherwise be the egg-on-face of trading the main piece of the Seguin trade. I.e., he can save face by saying, "well, we lost Chara and needed to do something to address that major hole on D." Gagne moves up to Soda's RW, or he goes to #1 line, and Fraser, Robins, Griffith, Koko fill the 3-4 RW spot.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Bit confused by some people here though. If Chara was playing so terribly, then why is this so catastrophic?

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
This "pack it in, tank the season" crap is pathetic. Grow some balls.

Yeah, it's going to suck *** without Chara, but you play through it. It's 9 games into the season. I'm interested to see how they handle it.

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
This changes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the Boychuk trade. If Chara's out for the season, they're done regardless, if it's only 4-6 weeks, this teams still gonna make the playoffs, no problem and he'll be better rested.

smiley-laugh-point-up-yellow.gif

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
If Chara is good to go by the trade deadline we are ok..

Who knows, maybe he comes back more rejuvenated then before?

Trying to be optimistic

Stop talking about the deadline and all the deals we're gonna make to help us win a cup.

We have to reach the friggin' playoffs first. That is NOT a given this year - with or without Chara.
And even 4-6 weeks without him are a huge blow to our chances.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Just so I have a clear picture here.

After trading away the #2 guy from last season, our 37 year old captain and #1 defenseman is out 4-6 weeks and could still need surgery after that.

And the next best guy is 33 and recovering from his own knee surgery where he missed most of the last season.

And the next best guy after him is 27

And the #6 is out for likely a big chunk of time with his shoulder.

Leaving Krug, McQuaid, Bart and somebody from Providence to lead this team to glory.

And we're having trouble scoring.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up :eek: :surrender

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Damn, this is bad news. Hoping for a little luck

Boychuk still be an UFA next year and we still wouldn't have the cap space next year. Should Chia have a magic ball to look into? His hand was forced.

David Krejci*

Damn, this is bad news. Hoping for a little luck

Boychuk still be an UFA next year and we still wouldn't have the cap space next year. Should Chia have a magic ball to look into? His hand was forced.

His hand was "forced" by his own incompetence.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Chia screwed up this team way before this season started with how he handed out contracts with NTC to guys like Kelly and so forth. This mess is because of him. I would like to see Jacobs can him and Claude time to get someone in here that knows what they are doing. Yeah we won a cup in 2011 mainly on the back of Thomas, but Chia really messed this whole thing up badly and he was supposed to be a cap genius. Get rid of Claude too, the only time they push the play is when they get desperate, but we saw what they can do when they play that style, so lets get a coach that wants to play that kind of game.

They better not trade their first round pick now, in a very deep draft and the way things are going we could be a lottery team.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
This team just got a hell of a lot softer and less physically intimidating.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Well, silver lining is that this should thin out the herd around here and shake off some of the low-hanging fruit on this board. For those of you who say it's over, fabbo. We'll see you next year.

I had no idea there was such a high concentration of doctors roaming about the HF Bruins board with their spare time. Impressive stuff.

The chicken little mentality is HI-larious this morning. We don't even know the extent of his injury (minus those of you with portable ESP MRI's in your living rooms, of course) and forgive me that I don't take Aaron "CONFIRMED" Ward at face value.

Potentially big loss and one that can't fully be absorbed, regardless of whether or not Boychuk was still here. Minnesota wouldn't fully absorb a loss of Suter, Nashville to Weber, Kings to Doughty....the list goes on an on....regardless of whatever rabbit Chiarelli will pull out of his hat. You ask the guys in your D system to step up what they can, and you ask your forwards to pick up a little slack in the defensive zone.

Then again, to some of you, any Chara replacement would be better than him, right? I'm almost certain a good share screaming that he was in rapid decline are also the ones screaming that the season's over without him.

It's amusingly predictable at this point.

Get well soon, big man.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
If the players were aware after the 1st period what the extent of Chara's injury was, I can now see why they were skating like they were in a state of shock for most of the 2nd period.

Until we know further, we can only hope that it is just a sprain and Big Z can come back soon.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Indeed. Would be great if he had a bomb of a shot, too. Too bad there's nobody like that out there.

who`s averaged less than 5 goals a season with that bomb....please, this is easy fodder to pile on the JB move.

There`s always going to be risk when moving a guy like JB

Now we`ll see what, if anything Chia can do

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Yeah, let's tank for McDavid or Eichel just so Chiarelli can trade them away in a few years. They better not like booze or women, because they'll need "guards posted outside of their doors" during the playoffs.

Except Chia wouldn't be here if this team finished with a top 2 pick.

Maybe this joke will get funnier after another 100 tries

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Silly to say this doesn't make the JB move worse

Defensemen have a higher probability to get injured compared to forwards, and this is just Murphy's law incarnate.

Chia could have and should have waited till the deadline to trade Johnny if he was going to trade him. Far more options. The timing of the trade was abysmal and this is just the realistically worst case scenario come to life...

This feels more and more like 2010...

I'll enjoy the season, they won't tank (even if the idea of getting mcdavid or eichel is sexy) and will probably slip into the playoffs as a wildcard

If Chara can come back, in a lot of ways this is good for him, he'll be able to rest mind body and soul. And with his work ethic and strength, he should be able to get back into effective shape soon after healing

If he's out for the year tho...we'll be lucky to see our team do as well as 2010...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad