Injury Report: Zdeno Chara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
I have a feeling that this will be a blessing in disguise. Losing Chara (hopefully) will smack this team in the face. Better yet, smack Chiarelli in the face. You just lost the anchor to your team. This team will either suffer the consequences and get steamrolled night after night without Z, or players will start to step up. I shouldn't say start to. They NEED to. Because otherwise you will be on the outside looking in if and when Z gets back, and could have a lot of ground to make up. Let's see what this team does with some actual adversity for once. Hopefully its a kick in the ass for them.

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
Oh it's going to be another of those seasons again... As someone just mentioned, hello to 7M worth of pro rated salary. Who will be available at the deadline?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Chia's bridge year is totally coming to fruition here...and this gets him off the hook for an awful summer.. Expecting they will let this play out 6 weeks until they know more..

member 96824

Oh it's going to be another of those seasons again... As someone just mentioned, hello to 7M worth of pro rated salary. Who will be available at the deadline?

LTIR isnt cap space, it doesn't pro rate.

See the capgeek front page and how the "available space" and "deadline space" are different for most teams but the same for us?

If Chara were out the full season, it would make sense to spend that money...but if its just the 4-6..no way.

PricePkPatch*

honestly the bruins franchise should just be folded.

What?!? Even if you have a horrendeous year (which no team is immune?, you dont just "fold" one of the most storied and iconic franchise of Hockey.

Silly spoiled loser talk. Bruins will arise again, everybody does*

*except the Oilers

member 96824

What?!? Even if you have a horrendeous year (which no team is immune?, you dont just "fold" one of the most storied and iconic franchise of Hockey.

*except the Oilers

L
O
L O L

Best

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

*except the Oilers

Maybe you have to be here more to get him? RT was being sarcastic, although some others suggesting the same are not.

Pretty pathetic IMO.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That won't happen til April,Bs will be there but that system is gonna tighten up (yawn).

They have to get to April:laugh:

16 teams and only 8 are in- Chara, Boychuk, and Iginla gone or out from last season team. No guarantees here. Red Sox showed best to worst is possible.

Don't expect Bruins to be worst but I expect some struggling at times - hang in there and develop some players would be fine with me

Opportunities here

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
This was exactly the nightmare scenario for why you should never have considered trading Boychuk. He could have stepped up and held the fort. Nobody replaces Chara. But was it really worth it to get 2 draft picks rather than having him play out his contract, keep us in the hunt till Chara gets back, having him for the playoffs and then letting him walk for nothing at year end?

As for not making the playoffs without Chara if they still had Boychuk...that's ludicrous.

Can we start pretending Johnny Boychuk is Bobby Orr . He's not,he's just not. Even if we would have kept Boychuck it would be no different.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Can we start pretending Johnny Boychuk is Bobby Orr . He's not,he's just not. Even if we would have kept Boychuck it would be no different.

Thank you for saying this. Nice to know there are others who feel the same way.

I'll take those 2 picks to parlay them into a D if Z is out more that 4-6 weeks.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

*except the Oilers

He's joking- if you knew this poster (and to me he's very good) he's just being sarcastic at our 'build an Ark' when it rains hard mentality

PricePkPatch*

Yes you did. :D

Oh well. Im not gonna try to.hide it.

What.worries me is the.possibility that Chara would not be able to get back into the play. While it is not unknown, i think a 37 year old player missing a year (if he does have surgery) is very, very hard to get back into gameshape.

PricePkPatch*

He's joking- if you knew this poster (and to me he's very good) he's just being sarcastic at our 'build an Ark' when it rains hard mentality

Yhea, my apologies.. I though he was a genuine drama-queen.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So about 30 seconds after he left the ice, my power went out. And it finally came back on an hour ago. So pardon me if I'm a bit late to the show. Oh and btw

panic.gif

'There is no panic in Joe Panik'

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
LTIR isnt cap space, it doesn't pro rate.

See the capgeek front page and how the "available space" and "deadline space" are different for most teams but the same for us?

If Chara were out the full season, it would make sense to spend that money...but if its just the 4-6..no way.

Doh, just woke up and had a major brain fart there.. yes if he were done for the year it would be deadline useable...

Well I've been eager to see Morrow play.. Blueline could have a whole lot of offense on it.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Oh well. Im not gonna try to.hide it.

What.worries me is the.possibility that Chara would not be able to get back into the play. While it is not unknown, i think a 37 year old player missing a year (if he does have surgery) is very, very hard to get back into gameshape.

Well this is the thing.

The biggest criticism for Chara has pretty much been that he's slowing down and between the injury itself and not being able to do his insane workouts I think it's going to be very tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad